PDA

View Full Version : Technics new system

struth
23-07-2022, 09:10
This seems to be pretty decent.
About 3k plus tho.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/07/22/technics-premium-class-c600-system-review/?amp

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 09:39
Spanning the gap between 'lifestyle product' and serious audio. A nice looking and compact do-it-all system and a decent t/t. I bet it sells well. I could do with something idiot-proof like that, but I'm a sucker for punishment :)

Macca
23-07-2022, 10:07
Think what you could get for £3K second hand though.

I think the styling is a bit bland. It's Technics, so I want to see lots of switches and buttons, level meters, and badges saying things like 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo'

No wonder that retro styling is a thing, most of this modern stuff looks identical and boring, regardless of brand or price. A bit like modern cars.

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 11:27
Think what you could get for £3K second hand though.

I think the styling is a bit bland. It's Technics, so I want to see lots of switches and buttons, level meters, and badges saying things like 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo'

No wonder that retro styling is a thing, most of this modern stuff looks identical and boring, regardless of brand or price. A bit like modern cars.

I quite like my next door neighbour's Technics system, the CD drawer has MASH printed on the front, which makes me think off my favourite kind of potatoes.

We might like knobs switches and dials, but Technics will have done their research on this, and I'm betting the potential buyers they're targeting will want clean, unfussy tech that's compact enough to leave room for the 85" flatscreen telly and their giant wooden "LOVE" paperweight.
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/9REAAOSwqZhi2vrk/s-l225.webp

Firebottle
23-07-2022, 11:59
You're so on the ball here Steve, have you been taking classes?

struth
23-07-2022, 12:03
I quite like my next door neighbour's Technics system, the CD drawer has MASH printed on the front, which makes me think off my favourite kind of potatoes.

We might like knobs switches and dials, but Technics will have done their research on this, and I'm betting the potential buyers they're targeting will want clean, unfussy tech that's compact enough to leave room for the 85" flatscreen telly and their giant wooden "LOVE" paperweight.

MASH i think stands for 'Multi Stage Noise Shaping':ner:

ps i love the love

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 12:32
You're so on the ball here Steve, have you been taking classes?

:D Nah, it's just visiting countless houses in the course of my work.

The ones occupied by young benefits (workshy) tenants are interesting - the sight of an overfed mum on her FaceBook, dad fully committed to his X-Box, and young kid crawling round the battered laminate floor with a full nappy in tow while a motivational poster hangs on the wall above them, always amuses me. Especially when it's juxtaposed with fist-shaped holes in the doors from when he was pissed and his tea wasn't ready :)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/EDoAAOSwS8ZifaAL/s-l400.jpg

struth
23-07-2022, 12:59

The ones occupied by young benefits (workshy) tenants are interesting - the sight of an overfed mum on her FaceBook, dad fully committed to his X-Box, and young kid crawling round the battered laminate floor with a full nappy in tow while a motivational poster hangs on the wall above them, always amuses me. Especially when it's juxtaposed with fist-shaped holes in the doors from when he was pissed and his tea wasn't ready :)

that poster makes me sick

Lawrence001
23-07-2022, 13:13

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/EDoAAOSwS8ZifaAL/s-l400.jpgI doubt they'd have that cupboard though. I'd have that. Theirs are usually from Argos or poundstretcher if they do them.

I wouldn't have the stick or the writing though. Maybe that satellite dish thing. They'll just have a sky dish.

Macca
23-07-2022, 13:18

Yeah what's that all about? Should really say 'Lame'.

Was watching Kirsty n' Phil the other day and there were people with poetry or motivational crap or something written on the wall. Actually written on the wall in big letters. How can anyone think that's a good thing to do? Why would you want to see that every day?

struth
23-07-2022, 13:38

and as tonto said to the lone ranger when being attacked by a hoard of injuns... 'what's this we, white man'

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 14:28
I doubt they'd have that cupboard though. I'd have that. Theirs are usually from Argos or poundstretcher if they do them.

I wouldn't have the stick or the writing though. Maybe that satellite dish thing. They'll just have a sky dish.

Sometimes they get ideas above their station, and go to Bright House. You spot them going in there, she wearing all her finest fake Pandora jewellery, him in his trackies with his right hand bandaged. Where they can buy a three piece suite for £2 a week, trash the thing within a year, then stop paying for it and move away without telling anyone. Then some mug like me has to go in that house to make it habitable for the next benefits tenant, including scraping that stupid motivational stencil off the wall.

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 14:36
and as tonto said to the lone ranger when being attacked by a hoard of injuns... 'what's this we, white man'

:D Exactly. Should really say "We are strong together until it all turns to shit, then I'm off. And don't get in my way".

struth
23-07-2022, 14:38
Whereas I got my unit 3rd hand ex from the flatpack Swedish masters, IKEA originally.
Was my daughter's, then my son's, and now after a few alterations is mine. Cost me nowt and is sturdier than a sturdy thing on steroids.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220723/8c8c3e3a0af60b852f4e860befe412e3.jpg

I bought an IKEA table, and chopped legs down and fitted some stoppers for the platform. It was 8 quid

Pigmy Pony
23-07-2022, 14:52
We have a similar unit in the hall (from IKEA) - you can pick doors or drawers to add, or boxes to fit in spaces. I bought some legs from elsewhere and fitted them. The end result looks proper imo, and not big money. Of course ours is brown/black, due to Anita's aversion to wood colours.

struth
23-07-2022, 15:11
We have a similar unit in the hall (from IKEA) - you can pick doors or drawers to add, or boxes to fit in spaces. I bought some legs from elsewhere and fitted them. The end result looks proper imo, and not big money. Of course ours is brown/black, due to Anita's aversion to wood colours.

ikea stuff is pretty solid and the style can go with lots of stuff plus it doesn't date too much... its well priced too and strong.

Pigmy Pony
24-07-2022, 14:44
My records are all stored in an Ikea storage thing, called 'Kallax ' I think. It's currently holding about 450 albums, with room for another 100 or so. Completely sturdy, though I didn't risk adding flimsy legs - I cut a length of 3x2 into blocks and painted them black. Placed under the middle and corners they work a treat.

Filterlab
04-08-2022, 07:53
...I want to see lots of switches and buttons, level meters, and badges saying things like 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo'...

I'd only buy it if it was the 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo Plus' myself.

:D

andyrlb
04-08-2022, 11:15

[emoji1787] sounds identical to social housing properties I work in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pigmy Pony
04-08-2022, 14:14
[emoji1787] sounds identical to social housing properties I work in .

Yeah, they're the same countrywide. And they're even worse since they no longer have Jeremy Kyle to watch (or star in). As you'll probably know, actually getting in their houses to do the work can be a challenge. Don't bother phoning before 11am, they'll still be in bed sleeping off their late night/early hours "get togethers", all you'll get is a "Welcome to Giff Gaff" message.

Then when you do get through, be prepared to drop everything to be there at 2pm on the dot - no later, because there's somewhere they need to be. And I'm thinking "Where do you need to be, you don't have a job".

And so you get there at 2pm prompt, and if you can get an answer they'll have a list of problems as long as a queue outside Cash Converters at Christmas. All needing done NOW.

I love benefits tenants, me :)

andyrlb
04-08-2022, 14:25
Yeah, they're the same countrywide. And they're even worse since they no longer have Jeremy Kyle to watch (or star in). As you'll probably know, actually getting in their houses to do the work can be a challenge. Don't bother phoning before 11am, they'll still be in bed sleeping off their late night/early hours "get togethers", all you'll get is a "Welcome to Giff Gaff" message.

Then when you do get through, be prepared to drop everything to be there at 2pm on the dot - no later, because there's somewhere they need to be. And I'm thinking "Where do you need to be, you don't have a job".

And so you get there at 2pm prompt, and if you can get an answer they'll have a list of problems as long as a queue outside Cash Converters at Christmas. All needing done NOW.

I love benefits tenants, me :)

Absolutely spot on [emoji1787]
AND !! ( not wishing offend anyone on here ) they all have at least 1 autistic child .
I visited one last week to replace 3 internal doors as they had been punched through by the son ( 32 yr old )
He was most upset that I had started working at 8am , once he’d had a quick smoke ( of something smelly ) he was as nice as pie .
The mum said they’ll probably need changing again if he kicks off .
Sad really.

Pigmy Pony
04-08-2022, 15:58
AND !! ( not wishing offend anyone on here ) they all have at least 1 autistic child .
I visited one last week to replace 3 internal doors as they had been punched through by the son ( 32 yr old )
He was most upset that I had started working at 8am , once he’d had a quick smoke ( of something smelly ) he was as nice as pie .
Sad really.

So she's saying that his autism is temporarily fixed by smoking weed. MY ARSE. More likely he wants to stay at home all day, do jack shit and get stoned, and kicks off if he doesn't get his own way. Time was, a clip round the ear hole by a parent, teacher or local bobby would have the same effect.

Lawrence001
04-08-2022, 18:54
Sad really.

I assume the replacement costs of the broken doors are taken off their housing benefit? Or do our taxes now also cover wilful damage to property?

andyrlb
04-08-2022, 19:01
I assume the replacement costs of the broken doors are taken off their housing benefit? Or do our taxes now also cover wilful damage to property?

The company foots the bill from rent which invariably comes benefits which comes from the tax payer .
And then you get the lovely 80 year old lady who hasn’t called us about her tap that has had a drip for 5 years because she doesn’t want to be a nuisance.
It infuriates me but we’re constantly having it drummed into us to remain impartial ( we’re anything but ) .