PDA

View Full Version : Farnell Monster Power Supply

majex45
20-06-2022, 16:46
Advertised elsewhere as well but I thought people here could use this.

Farnell TSV70 MK2 regulated power supply. 0-35v @ 10A or 0-70V @ 5A, (that's 350W!!! :eek:) course & fine voltage control, current limit control, ammeter (working) and voltmeter (stuck). 19 inch rack size about 5U or so high (without wings). Monster transformer, loads of big rectifiers, transistors, a hefty fan and huge heatsinks. This weighs a LOT and is unsuitable for posting. It works and I’ve tested it up to a couple of amps or so using half an electric fire element & the element got quite hot, the PSU didn't seem to notice. One of the LV fuse caps is missing, not the connector, only the insulated part. £20 collect ONLY. The copper alone is worth more than this so no offers.

I am near Battle and Hastings on the south coast in 1066 country. It weighs about half a hundredweight.

This could be the heart/basis/donor of a Monster Class A power amp. Aparently the output voltage is low noise. There is a fan. The transformer is huge (about 6 or 7 inch cube) with windings for high volt range and low volt range and, possibly, a 2V winding but this needs confirming.
Part swap for Topping D30 DAC or similar by Arcam, Musical Fidelity etc.

majex45
21-06-2022, 16:33
SOLD elsewhere.