PDA

View Full Version : Can moderators help gweraffield please

palace
07-05-2022, 17:23
Pete AKA gwernaffield has been unable to log in he forgot his password has been unable to log in so he tried re-joining as rocking kid to no avail.

He has asked me to post for him, can moderators help please

"Hi John i have been waiting 4 weeks for a password rest on AOS and then i rejoined as rocking kid , i still cannot leave any messages or do anything ,
if you can send a message to the mods and get them to sort it out either way , i would be grateful , gwernaffield. or rocking kid either one is me" ,

walpurgis
07-05-2022, 17:35
I don't have access to edit user details. Has he changed his email address recently? Changes to details saved on the forum can cause issues, reverting to original details may allow the original password to be used if it can be remembered.

struth
07-05-2022, 17:46
far as i can see rocking kid is registered. has he replied to email link he would be sent.??

palace
07-05-2022, 19:13
I have sent pete an e-mail and await reply. this appears to be the same problem I had when I could not post ie I did not get the link. A n ex aero tech with all his work on turntable suspension he is a valuable asset to any forum.

karma1967
08-05-2022, 16:47
i had the same problem,so re joined.
whats going on?

Patrick Dixon
09-05-2022, 17:11
Entropy.

struth
09-05-2022, 17:18
as has been said before, he is registered but as we currently have no active admin its pretty difficult to say for sure why. im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free. he will also as a new start, have to start with a post in the welcome area.
complaining wont help. we all can only do what we can currently until marco returns...and ive no idea when that might be.
sorry.

palace
09-05-2022, 19:03
as has been said before, he is registered but as we currently have no active admin its pretty difficult to say for sure why. im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free. he will also as a new start, have to start with a post in the welcome area.
complaining wont help. we all can only do what we can currently until marco returns...and ive no idea when that might be.
sorry.

Like me initially I do not believe pete has received a link. I think it's the AOS's loss which is a shame. Particularly with the hard work of the moderators who are undoubtedly carrying the forum with no apparent support.

karma1967
10-05-2022, 03:01
. im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free.

in my case no matter how many attempts were made to recover my password i simply wasn't getting the link sent to my email.
i dont see it as complaining,rather a case of informing mods to the problem otherwise you dont know they exist.

mikeyb
10-05-2022, 07:41
Isn’t there a site administrator other than Marco? I’m sure he upgraded the site a few months ago and it wasn’t Marco. I’m sure he could help.

@Beechwoods

I’ve sent him a message to see if he can help :)

PS: Marco was last on site 23/3/22 so he is still alive or at least his username last accessed the site then.

palace
11-05-2022, 08:47
since some one has decided to delete 2 of my posts I cant see any point of this forum please delete my details...

mikeyb
11-05-2022, 09:05
I’m not sure what posts were removed but I’m sure there was a good reason for it, you’ve been told that nothing can be done until site admin fixes it, what more do you want. Their hands are tied.

mikeyb
11-05-2022, 09:20
Deleted as I found the answer to the random question;issue I was having

mikeyb
11-05-2022, 09:28
Right, I’ve just requested a Password reset and I received the reset email immediately.

So that means other users with issues have either used a different email to the one they registered with or their spam filter is trapping it, or they’re not noticing that the question was answered incorrectly and that no reset email was sent. Wouldn’t be the first person who missed something by skim reading. I know I do it all the time.

Ok, I’m assuming the reset link in the email will work but I’m not going to do that in case that causes me issues with logging in.

Macca
11-05-2022, 09:43
I’m not sure what posts were removed but I’m sure there was a good reason for it, you’ve been told that nothing can be done until site admin fixes it, what more do you want. Their hands are tied.

That's exactly the situation Mike, thanks for understanding. If there was something that could be done we'd already have done it. People making negative comments doesn't help anything. Yes it's shit. We know.

mikeyb
11-05-2022, 09:44
That's exactly the situation Mike, thanks for understanding. If there was something that could be done we'd already have done it. People making negative comments doesn't help anything. Yes it's shit. We know.[emoji106] [emoji4]

walpurgis
11-05-2022, 09:47
The removed posts were unhelpful.