PDA

View Full Version : Can a cat choose you?

SteveW
27-08-2010, 15:43
So...the kids have both buggered off to Leeds Festival ( we have decontamination zones for homecoming)
So I decided to take a couple of days off.
As we unloaded the car with some shopping into the kitchen, we saw a flash of fur dart under the kitchen table.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0053.jpg

We always intended to get a cat again once we had moved house. I'm a bit allergic and our daughter is terribly. However... not a sneeze since this one arrived, will hold on decision to keep until the kids return.
Asking around last night, it seems that this kitten (3months?) was left after people two doors down got evicted. This poor thing was starving...and seems intent on staying!

Reid Malenfant
27-08-2010, 15:50
Wow, nice looking cat ;)

It's got great facial markings that are almost symetrical :)

I find that cats tend to choose people rather than the other way around, well that is unless you are choosing one from a pet refuge or suchlike :exactly:

electric beach
27-08-2010, 15:55
Make no mistake, cats DO choose you, despite the illusion to the contrary. They live beside us, independent (and dependent through choice) and if they're not happy they'll bugger off! They also say that they are loyal to a house, not the people in it, but I'm not so sure about that one.

Looks in good condition. How can you refuse those eyes :stalks:

SteveW
27-08-2010, 16:13
It has a lovely nature. Don't know who is dafter though, its cost me 25 quid this morning in food, litter trays, bowls, cat food, flea stuff and so on.
I was laid out on the sofa reading a book, and he/she? :scratch: jumped onto my chest. We both dozed off, until the phone rang, so I said it was time for a photo shoot!!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0050.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0048.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0041.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0044.jpg

Covenant
27-08-2010, 16:31
What a beautiful creature. Have you picked a name yet?

YNWaN
27-08-2010, 16:39
I think cats do choose people who are happy to feed them ;)

For dome reason both cats and dogs seem to be very fond of me - I don't know why.; perhaps it's because I don't have a pet and therefore they can't smell another cat or dog on me.

anthonyTD
27-08-2010, 16:56
cats are very clever too and seem to have an ability to read people, if you know what i mean.
i remember years ago visiting a friend of mine and his then partner, anyway, i sat in a chair in their living room waiting for them to make me a cup of tea, they were both in the kitchen at the time, anyway, at the other end of the living room there came darting in a little black kitten who without hesitation run straight up to me and sat on my lap and went to sleep, now i like cats but i am alergic to them so cannot touch them for fear of my eyes swelling etc, anyway, my friend and his partner looked in from the kitchen to ask if i wanted sugar in my tea and after seeing the kitten on my lap both just stood there and stared!!!
i asked what the problem was and they said, thats very odd, why i said, well they both started,,,that cat never comes near anyone who comes here, i said well i never called her she just sat on my lap, they seemed genuinely dumb founded!
my theory is or rather the scinic in me would say,,, the cat new i was alergic to her hence knew i couldnt touch her, and therefore knew she had a safe warm place to sit for a while.!:lol:
A...

SteveW
27-08-2010, 17:02
What a beautiful creature. Have you picked a name yet?
We are kind of hesitating on giving it a name...just in case we can't keep it. Really must find out if its a he or she first though!!

anthonyTD
27-08-2010, 17:06
We are kind of hesitating on giving it a name...just in case we can't keep it. Really must find out if its a he or she first though!!
good luck with it steve, i realy think its chosen you so you have no choice!:)
A...

Ali Tait
27-08-2010, 17:49
Anthony,your story puts me in mind of a cat that used to visit my mate's house.This was back in my early teens.My mate's dad was the estate manager of Mar Lodge estate,just outside Braemar.The house was in the middle of nowhere and I used to go and stay at weekends occasionally. For years they'd had this cat coming for something to eat from time to time,which they'd named Bootsy.He was a half wildcat,muscled like a Rottweiler.He wouldn't let anyone near him,but would come in now and again and deign to eat some scraps and bugger off again.This cat was one mean dude,and indeed my mate's dad once saw it kill a young Roe deer!

Anyhow,one of the first weekends I went to stay,I was sitting in the kitchen,and in came Bootsy,doing his usual hissing at the dogs,who buggered off in a split second.He took a look at me, ran across the kitchen and jumped into my lap.Now,I'd been warned about this cat and how mean he could be,so I was shitting myself! This cat was so big,he was sitting on my lap looking me straight in the eye (I was sitting bolt upright by this time) I mean,this cat was HUGE!

He then curled up on my lap,and this growling noise ensued,which I realised was a purr,so I started stroking him tentatively,and he started digging his huge claws into me,which made me wince every time he did it,but I was too scared to move!

My mate's family,who had all been in the kitchen with me,were just sitting staring in amazement.His dad said "That cat's been coming here for 5 years,and he's never let anyone near him!"

I was a bit dubious at being accorded the honour of being the first,but I got used to him,and he'd always come and say hello whenever he saw me.

Why me? I have no idea,guess it's just a cat thing.

Techno Commander
27-08-2010, 18:01
We were adopted by a small black and white cat several years ago. She just appeard and decided to stay. we put up some found posters and after a week she was collected by her owner. Half an hour later, she was back with us. We phoned the owner who told us it was now our cat!!

We never did give her a name, we just called her "cat" as she was very much a free spirit and did things her own way (as cats do:)). She passed away a couple of years ago now and I still miss her. :(

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/sillystuff99/Special/LittleCat.jpg

Your tabby looks gorgeous. Enjoy being its slave. :):)

anthonyTD
27-08-2010, 18:42
Anthony,your story puts me in mind of a cat that used to visit my mate's house.This was back in my early teens.My mate's dad was the estate manager of Mar Lodge estate,just outside Braemar.The house was in the middle of nowhere and I used to go and stay at weekends occasionally. For years they'd had this cat coming for something to eat from time to time,which they'd named Bootsy.He was a half wildcat,muscled like a Rottweiler.He wouldn't let anyone near him,but would come in now and again and deign to eat some scraps and bugger off again.This cat was one mean dude,and indeed my mate's dad once saw it kill a young Roe deer!

Anyhow,one of the first weekends I went to stay,I was sitting in the kitchen,and in came Bootsy,doing his usual hissing at the dogs,who buggered off in a split second.He took a look at me, ran across the kitchen and jumped into my lap.Now,I'd been warned about this cat and how mean he could be,so I was shitting myself! This cat was so big,he was sitting on my lap looking me straight in the eye (I was sitting bolt upright by this time) I mean,this cat was HUGE!

He then curled up on my lap,and this growling noise ensued,which I realised was a purr,so I started stroking him tentatively,and he started digging his huge claws into me,which made me wince every time he did it,but I was too scared to move!

My mate's family,who had all been in the kitchen with me,were just sitting staring in amazement.His dad said "That cat's been coming here for 5 years,and he's never let anyone near him!"

I was a bit dubious at being accorded the honour of being the first,but I got used to him,and he'd always come and say hello whenever he saw me.

Why me? I have no idea,guess it's just a cat thing.

hi ali,
yes its all very odd why and how they choose,:scratch: great story though.:)
anthony,TD...

SteveW
27-08-2010, 19:32
We were adopted by a small black and white cat several years ago. She just appeard and decided to stay. we put up some found posters and after a week she was collected by her owner. Half an hour later, she was back with us. We phoned the owner who told us it was now our cat!!

We never did give her a name, we just called her "cat" as she was very much a free spirit and did things her own way (as cats do:)). She passed away a couple of years ago now and I still miss her. :(

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/sillystuff99/Special/LittleCat.jpg

Your tabby looks gorgeous. Enjoy being its slave. :):)

The ears tell the whole story of this Cat.

Brilliant, what a character.

aquapiranha
27-08-2010, 19:36
Steve, that is a beatiful cat. I hope you share many happy years togoether, there is something special about cats imo.

Andy, that is a lovely tale, it is amazing how you become attatched to animals.

DSJR
27-08-2010, 20:09
Hope you're able to keep that puss. if you can't obviously tell if it's a he or she, it's more likely to be a she cat, as males either have a bunch-of-grapes clearly on view, oe you can tell when they're having a posh-up around their nether regions (why is it that cats often wash with their "bits" in full view?).

I miss ours deeply and Mungo next-door knows this, so always comes and says hello when he's around..

SteveW
27-08-2010, 20:23
Hope you're able to keep that puss. if you can't obviously tell if it's a he or she, it's more likely to be a she cat, as males either have a bunch-of-grapes clearly on view, oe you can tell when they're having a posh-up around their nether regions (why is it that cats often wash with their "bits" in full view?).

I miss ours deeply and Mungo next-door knows this, so always comes and says hello when he's around..

No bunches of grapes 'round these parts. Mind you, don't they shrivel with lack of use. :lol::lol:

Would these be obvious in a 3 month old kitten? Ok, so I'm guessing its age.

Anyway...lets assume I have a say in this.
Lets assume we all have a say i this.

Names if its female... and names if it's male please.:cool:

aquapiranha
27-08-2010, 20:28
Jane or John

Or, go for a famous name!...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_cats

Stratmangler
27-08-2010, 20:34
No bunches of grapes 'round these parts. Mind you, don't they shrivel with lack of use. :lol::lol:

Would these be obvious in a 3 month old kitten? Ok, so I'm guessing its age.

Anyway...lets assume I have a say in this.
Lets assume we all have a say i this.

This little fella was 5-6 weeks old when this shot was taken, so yes, they are easily visible.

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/Stratmangler/30062010017.jpg[/QUOTE]

Techno Commander
27-08-2010, 22:07
The ears tell the whole story of this Cat.

Brilliant, what a character.

Aye, she had such an amazing character. Definitely a wise old lady who knew how to get exactly what she wanted.:) Here is her story.

The Story Of A Little Cat

It was a warm spring afternoon. The kind you get in early May, where its not to hot and the air is still fresh. I remember it so well. My girlfriend was away at her friends for a few days and I had the house to myself. I was sat relaxing in the garden enjoying the pleasantness of the day. I was fully stocked for an afternoon of pure indulgence. The radio was on, the beers were cold, I had a new book from Clive Cussler to read and some rather nice chicken sandwiches to snack upon. I had not a care in the world.

Maybe an hour had passed, maybe a bit more, but I was quite sure I saw some movement from the corner of my eye. I paused from literary induced action fantasies and looked around. There was nothing to be seen. Oh well, I returned to my book and the world of excitement within. Maybe another five minutes had gone by; when yet again I was sure I saw movement. I carefully scanned the garden. Nothing was stirring. I looked at the pile of empty beer cans, it wasn’t that large. Then I saw it, the ferns along the fence were definitely moving. Do we have another hedgehog I thought to myself?

I watched intently as the undergrowth slowly moved back and forth. A small face appeared. Definitely not a hedgy I thought. The small face looked at me, and then slowly scanned the garden. I returned her gaze and eventually our eyes met. Slowly the small face moved towards me, followed by the rest of her black & white feline body. As she moved closer I noticed the long proud whiskers, no youngster here I thought, but a cat of distinction.

She came to within a foot of where I was sat and like cats everywhere walked round my chair twice before seating herself in front of me. She stared up at me with her bright green eyes. I leant forwards and slowly stroked the back of her head, her purring indicated her pleasure my attention was giving. I looked to my side and carefully retrieved some small pieces of chicken from my sandwich. She happily ate these from my hand. Within five minutes, she was curled up on my lap enjoying the sunshine and my continued stroking of her as we leisurely shared the remains of the sandwiches.

I wonder where she came from I thought. I have never seen this cat before, many others, but definitely not this one. And why is she so friendly?

The day gently came to an end and I decided to retire indoors. As I picked up by belongings and headed off, the small cat followed, straight into the front room and made herself at home on one of the armchairs.

I want to bed that night with many thoughts of the day. I left the back door open in case little cat decided to leave. The following morning I arose to find cat still asleep on the chair. Oh well, I thought, better get her some food and promptly wandered off to the shop. After a good breakfast of Whiskers and milk, the cat trotted off to the garden for a spot of sun. I had to go out that day, so I left cat in the garden with the remains of her food and some water. When I returned, she was gone. My weekend friend was no more. Slowly over the coming days, my thoughts of her drifted away.

It must have been about five days later when I received an excited phone call from my Amanda. “Guess what I found” she said. Before I had a chance to answer she followed it with “can we keep her”? I presume you have found a small black & white cat I replied; and recounted the previous weekend’s escapade. My girlfriend confirmed it was the little cat, but she was in a bad shape, matted fur, and patches of missing fur, she was obviously in distress. What could have happened?

When I got home, I saw it was indeed the little cat from the previous weekend, but she looked in terrible state. She must have been living rough for some time. There was only one thing to do. We scooped her up and took her to the vets. The vet diagnosed a nasty case of flea infection and many sore patches of skin from her continued scratching. He quite literally doused her in flea spray (her fur was soaked) and gave her an anti inflammatory injection. She was also given one of those plastic collars to stop her cleaning herself and ingesting the flea lotion. She looked most indignant. When we got her home, she retired behind the sofa and refused to come out until she decided it was food time. Within a few days, she looked much better and we removed the collar. She could happily clean herself now and within no time, her coat was shining and she seemed so much happier.

We knew she wasn’t our cat and put some “found cat” posters up. A few days later, a lady came to the door to claim her. She had been away on holiday and had asked her father to mind the cats for her. She had 4 cats all together and this one had decided to go “walkabout”. She must have been living rough until we found her. Maybe she got lost, who knows? We were told the little cat was over 12 years old and had a rather “independent” personality. She picked up little cat and took her back to her home.

Amanda and I settled down for our dinner that evening, hardly had we started when the little cat appeared and sat opposite the table in front of us. She sat there quite motionless, with that special “feed me” look in her eyes. We again contacted the lady from “up the road”, she was not interested in coming back to collect the cat again. “It’s your cat now”, she said. Our lives changed on that day.

This all happened over 4 years ago now. Much has happened since. We never gave the cat a name; she seemed far too independent for this. She was simply known as “little cat”, although we knew that eventually her name would “come to us”. It wasn’t like she was a pet we decided to keep. It was far more like she had decided we could be her guardians, so that’s the way it was. She was the master of psychology and needed to do little more than give one of her “special stares” when she required food. I often wondered if she was secretly hypnotic. I also wondered if she was psychic as well. She could be asleep upstairs and you only needed to lift a packet of “Go Cat” from the cupboard and she would appear instantly at your feet. How did she know this, it wasn’t as if I would be shaking the box or anything?

She was a feisty little lady; her character and personality were far bigger than her physical size indicated. Our garden used to get regularly visited by a ginger Tom, who was at least 3 times her size. She was having none of this and soon taught him who was boss and whose garden it was. She would tear round the garden in a blur, race up the apple tree and survey her domain from atop the garden shed. She was definitely in charge of what happened in the garden.

I remember one spring, when all the little birds were trying to fly for the first time. Cat decided she wanted to “play” with the birds as they fell to the ground. She didn’t bother climbing the trees to catch the birds; she just waited patiently until the birds came to her. I don’t think she wanted to kill them, and she didn’t try to either. Unfortunately, she managed to remove their tail feathers making flight impossible for them. We spent almost a day trying to retrieve these little flightless birds from their hiding holes and placed them in a box to be delivered to the RSPCA.

After this episode, she never did this again, I think she just wanted to show us she could be a hunting cat when required and although old, she was still a proper cat, with the personality of a tiger. She wasn’t about to let us forger this.

When not in the garden, she had two favourite spots within the house which she claimed as her own. One was the windowsill in the dining room. The computer desk was also sighted here and so it worked for her on many levels. She was able to peer out the window and survey her little world in the garden, or more usually, sleep soundly in the stream of warm air coming from the back of the computer. Her other spot was in the living room. He had a huge pile of beanbags in the corner; she would climb to the top of these, create a small hollow on the uppermost bag and disappear within. Occasionally she would pop her head over the edge, just to check we were still there.

I will always remember the time we were eating pizza in the garden. We had been sat at the table for a little while before cat appeared. Instead of sitting at our feet like she usually did, she slowly walked behind the table. The next thing we saw, was has her little paw stretching above the table and giving us a little wave. Then a second paw appeared and slowly she pulled her head up above the table top and started at us. We both fell about laughing and carefully removed some meaty treats from the pizza for her. This is what cat was like, full of little surprises and a wonderful character.

Earlier this year, we finally gave her a name. As I mentioned earlier, this is something we deliberately left as we knew that eventually the right name for her would come along. Although it took some time. She is now called “Moomin”. For some reason, the name just came along and stuck with her, so that’s what it is. I think it suits her incredibly well.

Little Moomin is an old lady now. She is at least 16 years old. That’s well over 80 in human years. Her fur has patches of grey in it and her whiskers are looking a little bit droopy. She is still full of spirit and life, or is when she’s awake. I think she has decided to become a cat of leisure and enjoys resting. She still loves to go out into the garden, scratch her claws on the rose bush and survey her little territory. Even now, she still sees off any cats that invade her space. She is still acts like a little tiger.

Last weekend however, everything changed. Little Moomin was not herself; she sat on the window sill with her head bowed. She looked so sad. We took her to the vets, where she had a thorough examination and a blood test. It was a terribly anxious time waiting for the diagnosis. The results were not good. It appears she has not only had a stroke, but she has a kidney problem as well. She is on medication, but she looks so sad and frail. It is devastating to see her like this. On Friday before I went to work, I said good bye to her, I had tears in my eyes. I honestly thought she wouldn’t be there when I got home that evening.

The strength and character of this little cat is so amazing, she still clings to life and walks her “patch” in the garden. Yet the medication and the after effects of the stroke are causing problems. She looks so confused and hardly has the strength to move. She is finding it so difficult to be a cat any more. I am so worried about her. We love her so dearly it just makes me cry with sadness to see her like this. I do so hope she pulls through this ordeal.

What you have just read was written some weeks ago. Unfortunately little cat’s condition has deteriorated and she cannot go on. We have just come back from the vets with her little body wrapped in a blanket. I have cried for three hours and am absolutely devastated. She left us at sunset and I will stay with her tonight. She will be buried tomorrow at sunrise. We will remember her always. Especially when we look at the beautiful rose bush we will be planting tomorrow. Its name says it all.

**Spirit Of Freedom**

Barry
27-08-2010, 22:31
Andy,

I think your talents are wasted on AoS. By the time I got to the end of your eulogy, I had tears in my eyes.

It is amazing the effect pets of long duration have on us. Regardless of whether they are cats or dogs, they become part of the family and their departing is a great and sad loss.

Thanks for the 'The Story of The Little Cat'.

Regards

aquapiranha
27-08-2010, 22:56
Andy that is a very sad ending to a lovely happy story. You have to console yourself with the knowledge that while the cat was not able to tell you herself she obviously felt for you enough to stay with you, and that to me tells me she had a very happy life with you.

My cat, Callie was a rescue cat I got her when she was about 6 years old and that was about 3 years ago now. I am dreading the inevitable but I keep telling myself if she was not happy then she would have left by now.

Pets are just like family and that is why I get upset at the mistreatment of all animals, and the main reason I am a vegan.

REM
28-08-2010, 07:55

Cookie, short for Cooking Fat.....

SteveW
28-08-2010, 08:28
Cookie, short for Cooking Fat.....

Pardon?

anthonyTD
28-08-2010, 08:53
Andy,

I think your talents are wasted on AoS. By the time I got to the end of your eulogy, I had tears in my eyes.

It is amazing the effect pets of long duration have on us. Regardless of whether they are cats or dogs, they become part of the family and their departing is a great and sad loss.

Thanks for the 'The Story of The Little Cat'.

Regards
+1:(
A...

SteveW
28-08-2010, 09:02
+1:(
A...

..and another one here Andy. Wonderful story, well written.

Covenant
28-08-2010, 09:29
Pardon?

Where's that Cooking Fat?:lol:

Techno Commander
28-08-2010, 09:36
Thanks guys. There is no defence against the little fluffy bundles that sneak into your lives and steal your heart. :)

SteveW
28-08-2010, 10:18
Where's that Cooking Fat?:lol:

Ahh, sorry Jerry. Being a bit thick this morning.

quadsugdenman
28-08-2010, 19:52
Cracking stories about our feline friends. Today I am up in the Lake District at my sister in law's house. Her two cats Mr Darcy and Jessica have decreed that I am 'ok' as a part time bed!!! Wish I had my camera!!!!!!!!!

DSJR
28-08-2010, 23:23
What you have just read was written some weeks ago. Unfortunately little cat’s condition has deteriorated and she cannot go on. We have just come back from the vets with her little body wrapped in a blanket. I have cried for three hours and am absolutely devastated. She left us at sunset and I will stay with her tonight. She will be buried tomorrow at sunrise. We will remember her always. Especially when we look at the beautiful rose bush we will be planting tomorrow. Its name says it all.

**Spirit Of Freedom**

My meds prevent me from crying, but I know exactly where you are at the moment. I don't know what it is, but if a little puss adopts you for life, you're blessed indeed. Psychic? of course they are ;)

Spectral Morn
28-08-2010, 23:27
I have a very interesting Cat story to share, with photos but I will start a separate thread tomorrow and tell the tale of Slinky Malinky and the Cats of Clawhill.

Link http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7515

Regards D S D L

chris@panteg
29-08-2010, 00:54
Andy

I was the same with my Fluff (avatar pic) i cried like a baby , but it was the manner of his death that hurt so much .

It sometimes puts people off having any more ? but not me , we have 5 here though Megan has decided to move up the street , not because of us but she can't stand her brother anymore so won't come near the house .

Wonderful story of a cat , just think ' Andy of the happy home your Mog knew and loved .

zygote23
29-08-2010, 07:41
Beautiful Kitten.

To sex a kitten:

1. Hold said puss in one hand and lift tail with the other.

2. Observe Back end of the Kitteh!

3. If you can make out a ! you have female.

4. If you can make out : you have a male.

Enjoy the scratches of indignity lol.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TGCV3meohZQ/S0n-3kNfLbI/AAAAAAAACuw/mY9x9IMMriw/s512/Roger.jpg

I had to have that old guy destroyed last September so only have one now. Hopefully another is on the way from the shelter soon though.

SteveW
29-08-2010, 21:47
Great picture Steve.
Out of my comfort zone here, but just know I'm gonna end up taking pics of a cat's arse.
Then the computer has to go in for repairs and I'm in all sorts of shit.

Techno Commander
30-08-2010, 10:04
Great picture Steve.
Out of my comfort zone here, but just know I'm gonna end up taking pics of a cat's arse.
Then the computer has to go in for repairs and I'm in all sorts of shit.

:lolsign:

Chris: love the picture of Fluff in you avatar picture. He looks very "inquisitive".:)

anthonyTD
30-08-2010, 19:23
Beautiful Kitten.

To sex a kitten:

1. Hold said puss in one hand and lift tail with the other.

2. Observe Back end of the Kitteh!

3. If you can make out a ! you have female.

4. If you can make out : you have a male.

Enjoy the scratches of indignity lol.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TGCV3meohZQ/S0n-3kNfLbI/AAAAAAAACuw/mY9x9IMMriw/s512/Roger.jpg

I had to have that old guy destroyed last September so only have one now. Hopefully another is on the way from the shelter soon though.

thats a cracking pick steve,
mind if i copy it for my partners friend to draw ?
anthony,TD...

Alex_UK
30-08-2010, 19:46
thats a cracking pick steve

Gorgeous cat, as are all of them on this thread, and your new mate SteveW (looks like a girl to me) is especially pretty. Me, I can't stand the heartache of losing them any more, so for the last 10 years, no puddy tats in my life... Maybe again one day.

SteveW
30-08-2010, 22:06
Cheers. Just a reflection. Isn't it funny how there are so many soppy sods on here about cats.
Hifi and cats. Who would have thought?!

goraman
31-08-2010, 03:45
If for some reason the littke cat dosen't work out remember in troubbled times in Germany they made a great substitute for rabbits.
http://www.whats4eats.com/meats/hasenpfeffer-recipe

SteveW
31-08-2010, 16:37
If for some reason the littke cat dosen't work out remember in troubbled times in Germany they made a great substitute for rabbits.
http://www.whats4eats.com/meats/hasenpfeffer-recipe

Perhaps not quite the right thread for you Jeff.

YNWaN
31-08-2010, 18:31
I've no issue with cats - but perhaps this thread should be merged with the 'Get a grip ffs' thread?

anthonyTD
31-08-2010, 19:04
I've no issue with cats - but perhaps this thread should be merged with the 'Get a grip ffs' thread?
???:scratch:

goraman
31-08-2010, 21:44
Just a little cat humor.
No cats have been harmed in the replys to this thread.

Alex_UK
31-08-2010, 22:22
Just a little cat humor.
No cats have been harmed in the replys to this thread.
:lol::lol::lol:

And don't forget, "Objects In Rear View Mirror May Appear Larger Than They Are."

goraman
01-09-2010, 01:05
I'm going to bail out before the CAT HITS THE FAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrI7mHVHlEc

goraman
01-09-2010, 04:23
Hey,now this is just wrong.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyy50Penbvw
Enjoy!!!

Jason P
01-09-2010, 17:15
Great thread, and yes - they definitely choose you.

We moved to our current house nearly five years ago. It was a chilly November day, and taking a break from moving we were 'avin a fag' in the rear porch with it's stable door - the top half open - when we heard an odd sound. It was like a croaking 'ooowww' sound, and looking down we discovered a big black cat sat on the doormat.

My GF instantly bent down to stroke him, and we assumed he was a neigbourhood cat 'doing the rounds'. We put him back out, but for the rest of the day we heard him - whatever room we were in, he was outside, yowling.

Cut to end of a long day. I've just got the hifi unpacked and working, and we've cracked a bottle. Sitting on the sofa, looking out of the french doors into the garden, our big black friend is sitting on the step yowling silently through the double glazing. My GF says 'we can't leave him out there, it's freezing!' so I get up and open the door. He does a lap of the room, jumps onto her lap, and curls up. By the end of the CD we're off to bed...

'What are we going to do with him?'
'Well I'm not putting him out now he's been in. Wouldn't be fair.'
'but what if he wants out? What if he claws the furniture, or my speakers, or craps on the carpet?
'He'll be fine...'

He followed us upstairs, curled up on the end of the bed, and has been with us ever since. His name is Cat Mandu.

Happiness is a warm cat.

Jason

AndrewR
01-09-2010, 22:45
Judging by the face I reckon female and so I'd name her "Tabbyfur" (Tabitha).

Andrew

Techno Commander
01-09-2010, 23:15
Ooh. Clever! :)

SteveW
02-09-2010, 05:43
Judging by the face I reckon female and so I'd name her "Tabbyfur" (Tabitha).

Andrew

I like it! And astute. As it turns out, a trip to the vets yesterday confirms that she is really is a she.
So, that rules out our son's suggestion for calling her 'chairman meow', or 'dizzy rascal'.

I keep being asked .. but really not sure.
Have to have a ponder.

petemosby
01-11-2010, 22:24
The best name for a cat is to give her a celebrity name. It's always fun. "come here GAGA" or "don't go over there, Mr Blair" haha

Techno Commander
02-11-2010, 00:03
I am tempted by Norwegian Forest Cats.

Apparently they not only like to swim, but their idea of hunting is to hide in trees and drop onto their prey.

Oh, and they look like this:eek:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/sillystuff99/Wildlife/attachment.jpg

One of my girlfriends mates has one. They take it for walks to the beach, where they let it off the lead and it plays with the waves and chases the dogs.:lol:

Alex_UK
02-11-2010, 00:25
want that one!

Techno Commander
02-11-2010, 00:32
Me too. That is an absolutely stunning cat.

I wouldnt want to upset it though. Imagine the damage in it sank its claws into your lap.:stalks:

chris@panteg
02-11-2010, 09:16
Yeah look at those paw's :eek: cuddle that and your never play the guitar again lol .

Gorgeous cat.

Marco
02-11-2010, 10:04
I'm not getting the pic, Andy... Any chance of hosting it through Photobucket or Imageshack insted of "www.arrse.co.uk"?

I'll probably be able to see it then :)

Marco.

chris@panteg
02-11-2010, 12:14
Here's one in action

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Norwegian_Forest_Cat_climbing_down_tree.jpg/390px-Norwegian_Forest_Cat_climbing_down_tree.jpg

Techno Commander
02-11-2010, 12:27
Apologies for hot-linking. I will sort it out this evening when I get home.

DSJR
02-11-2010, 12:28
It's a CAT and that's all you need to know ;)

Reid Malenfant
02-11-2010, 13:14
It's a CAT and that's all you need to know ;)
Actually i'd say it was a rather BIG CAT :eek: Look at the size of it :stalks:

Nice looking to but OMG i bet that gets through a few tins of Whiskas :eyebrows:

colinB
02-11-2010, 15:08
Here's one in action

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Norwegian_Forest_Cat_climbing_down_tree.jpg/390px-Norwegian_Forest_Cat_climbing_down_tree.jpg

I cant believe that cat is pouncing head first. Brilliant!!

colinB
02-11-2010, 15:19
My good friends have just got a cat and its proving to be very awkward for me.
They have a Rottweiler bitch who im very fond of and she goes nuts when i come round. I suppose she became a substitute for my German Shepherd after i lost her with back leg problem they get.
Any way, when they told me they had got a cat for the kids i was hoping it would just ignore me when i came round, but it turns out he is a sweet little thing and worse, he likes me and jumps on my lap.
This has given me many an awkward social moment with the dog who just looks mortified when , not only does the cat jump onto the sofa she isnt allowed on , but she curls up on my lap. The look on her face. Might sound silly but it really does kill me every time

Techno Commander
02-11-2010, 18:21
I fixed the previous link especially for Marco, but it looks like it is working for everyone else. :)

Anyway, heres another couple of Forest Cats showing their stuff.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/254046047_5fa8e0dbdd_z.jpg.

They definitelly have that "big cat" look to them.

http://bittsandbytes.net/PIXDAUS/2010_AUTUMN/NORWEGIAN-FOREST-CAT.jpg

zygote23
02-11-2010, 18:22
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TGCV3meohZQ/TMSDXPKVMXI/AAAAAAAADbI/5TN_76fnmCw/s640/DSC_9727.jpg

This has now replaced Roger the wonder cat. He's a little too little in this piccie a few weeks ago and had to be syringe fed. Now wrecking everything and causing the big black and white cat to have a nervous breakdown.

I now spend my spare time chasing the big cat to prevent him spraying on my stuff and yes he is neutered!

Marco
02-11-2010, 19:11
I fixed the previous link especially for Marco, but it looks like it is working for everyone else. :)

Cheers, Andy. It's fine now!

It must be a browser thing, as I tried viewing your pic with both AOL (my ISP) and Internet Explorer browsers, and all I got was a little white box with a red cross in it...

Hosting pics instead in either Photobucket or Imageshack, though, always seems to fix this issue, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on :scratch:

Marco.

Techno Commander
02-11-2010, 20:27
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TGCV3meohZQ/TMSDXPKVMXI/AAAAAAAADbI/5TN_76fnmCw/s640/DSC_9727.jpg

He is sooo gorgeous.

vinylspinner
02-11-2010, 21:09
Hi SteveW,

Get her insured!!!

We were adopted by a little stray kitten, very similar looking to yours!

After only 5 or 6 months she was hit by a car or bike late on a Sunday evening, although injured she managed to drag herself home to us, we rushed her up to the vets fearing the worse.

We were told that she had broken her rear legs, had a crushed tail and may have also damaged the bladder etc, the vet did'nt hold out too much hope, we had never got around to having her insured but could'nt give up on her, we told the vet do do what ever it took to try and save her.

It was a tense 10 days, tail taken off , legs pinned etc, manual bladder relief each day, but she pulled thru and made a full recovery...............total cost to us............£2000.00

Worth every penny, could'nt live without her

regards

Nigel

spendorman
15-11-2010, 19:04
This one has just chosen to live with us. Will not eat any cat food that we got, will eat sardines.

Apologies for poor photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41679262@N02/5179506746/#/photos/41679262@N02/5179506746/lightbox/

Reid Malenfant
15-11-2010, 19:10
That's a pretty contented looking cat Paul :) Looks like there was a case of sunburn or scrapping with other cats or similar judging by the ear damage to the left ear ;)

If it won't eat processed cat food it's got sense :eyebrows: Loads of material out there on how processed stuff isn't good for cats at all :rolleyes:

Macca
15-11-2010, 20:54
This one has just chosen to live with us. Will not eat any cat food that we got, will eat sardines.

Apologies for poor photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41679262@N02/5179506746/#/photos/41679262@N02/5179506746/lightbox/

Outstanding cat!

Outstanding vintage Tandburg/Laptop system - like it

SteveW
19-11-2010, 12:05
Yeah the cats settled in all right... but I do worry :eek:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0044-1.jpg

Techno Commander
11-12-2010, 21:40
There is a new episode of Simons Cat. :eek:

nn2h3_aH3vo&feature=player_embedded

DSJR
11-12-2010, 23:10
:D

Oh that's brilliant :lol:

Rare Bird
12-12-2010, 01:31

chris@panteg
12-12-2010, 10:14
lol :lol::lol:

zygote23
12-12-2010, 22:03
6Gknp-8ltmE&feature=related

DSJR
13-12-2010, 08:17
Not daft, our feline friends.. Our much missed little friend used to try to wake me at 5 in the morning and when he failed, he'd all but stand on wifey's head to wake her, so that she could wake me to let him out. His "brother-in-arms" used to sit on the bedside cabinet and gently tap my nose with his paw.

Bless 'em :)

hornucopia
16-12-2010, 12:39
Lovely!! I had a couple of Blue Persians in the 70s but Carole doesn't like cats, so.....
That pic looks like a REAL cat! Persians tend to sit about posing! Mine used to come to a whistle, and I used to cycle with her in a canvas bag hanging off the handlebars...to choose her own fish in the market in Newcastle.!!

WAD62
16-12-2010, 16:35
Not daft, our feline friends.. Our much missed little friend used to try to wake me at 5 in the morning and when he failed, he'd all but stand on wifey's head to wake her, so that she could wake me to let him out. His "brother-in-arms" used to sit on the bedside cabinet and gently tap my nose with his paw.

Bless 'em :)

My little 'treasure' Spike goes straight for the eyes, it certainly gets a response!!!

shane
16-12-2010, 20:24
Love this:

w0ffwDYo00Q

Techno Commander
17-12-2010, 00:53
That was the first one. And probably the funniest by far. :)

chris@panteg
19-12-2010, 10:48
16vpjYjzG0g&feature=related

Would you let your kitty near the Techie

WAD62
22-12-2010, 10:29
Inspired by Andy's 'monkey mugging' photo on the 'what do you look like thread'...How's this for cuteness? :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7963657/A-long-tailed-macaque-monkey-adopts-a-kitten-in-the-forests-of-Bali-Indonesia.html

Not sure the cat had much choice here...

Rare Bird
26-12-2010, 11:57
Well this one's been turning up at work for the last 3/4 days. It's asleep on the sofa as i write this

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Cat02.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Cat01.jpg

DSJR
26-12-2010, 11:59
She knows, you know....

Rare Bird
26-12-2010, 12:13
aye i recon lucky sent her..you never seen a cat scoff grub like this one

DSJR
26-12-2010, 12:23
You hadn't seen our late and much missed "Ollie." Before anything else, he'd hurtle up the garden path, taking a flying-leap over the door-step and skidding to a halt at his food bowl, clear it in seconds flat and then scuttle upstairs for a poshup, snuggling down for a well earned kip - I mean, all this eating's hard work for a pussy-cat :lol:

Today, "Mummy" next door's away, so himself has come in to see us in his "annexe" and has tucked himself up nice and warm and snuggly for a well earned sleep.....

WAD62
03-01-2011, 16:27
aye i recon lucky sent her..you never seen a cat scoff grub like this one

Excellent looking beast...looks like the colour scheme was designed by Jackson Pollock :)

TBL
04-01-2011, 22:21
14 years old and both still going strong

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l637/alphatoner/P1010586.jpg

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l637/alphatoner/P1010592.jpg

Alex_UK
05-01-2011, 09:15
Classic pictures Ian! Two lovely cats! The tabby reminds me of my much missed Chloe, similar markings. Here she is after a hard night out on the tiles!

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/Alex_Steel1969/Chloe.jpg?1294218877

magiccarpetride
05-01-2011, 19:45
We always intended to get a cat again once we had moved house. I'm a bit allergic and our daughter is terribly. However... not a sneeze since this one arrived, will hold on decision to keep until the kids return.
Asking around last night, it seems that this kitten (3months?) was left after people two doors down got evicted. This poor thing was starving...and seems intent on staying!

Let's be honest here -- not only the cat chooses you, it also may choose other families at the same time. My male cat is doing just that -- he had adopted a number of households in my hood and is gorging himself every day (you should see him; if he continues like this, pretty soon he'll reach the size of an adolescent bear!) From one house to the next, he is happy to oblige us all. He apparently has no shame whatsoever, as is perfectly happy to be loved and petted by multiple families. His loyalties are only with himself -- the selfish bastard!

But we adore him anyway...

slate
15-01-2011, 18:18
Personally I have been cat'less for a couple of years...

Just stumbled over a Turkish page with describtions of some setups. Swedish Stefan writes the following:

"I have noticed that a lot of "high end" hifi people have cats. I don't understand how that improves the sound, but I couldn't risk not trying this tweak. Therefore me and my fiancé now have a cat named Sarvas"

Sarvas is featured in the last picture
http://www.arduman.com/aa/Sayfalar/stefan/stefan.htm

Finnish Tapani states:
"And we have a cat in the family, Milo, she used to warm up on top of my previous amp, AR VT-200. Krell is running too cold for the purpose."

Milo can be spotted in the setup http://www.arduman.com/aa/Sayfalar/tapani/tapani.htm

BTH K10A
18-01-2011, 00:11
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0521.jpg
Poly Pocket
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_1683.jpg
Mickey Motor with Polly - Polly is dinky but fully grown. Mickey is 9Kg of muscle
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0678.jpg
L to R Betty, Billy & Daisy - all a bit bigger now
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_1017.jpg
Mickey & Molly. We were devastated when Molly was run over and the other two cats pined. We found Betty at the RSPCA to replace her and somehow ended up with Billy & Daisy too.

keiths
18-01-2011, 11:34
Cats are ace.

Shame I'm alergic to them.

Reid Malenfant
12-04-2011, 09:42
Funny or what (http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/cat-vs-dog-in-slow-motion/1j4nf9pfz?from=video_module) :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
17-04-2011, 23:48

Thing Fish
17-04-2011, 23:50
In my experience cats go where food is readily available. and then will go back to where the bed is warmest.

Rare Bird
18-04-2011, 00:05
Thats right Dave, supply a cat with constant snap supply it will eat all day, as soon as you disengage your arse from the sofa it with jump straight in there.

Techno Commander
18-04-2011, 00:06
That'll learn him. :lol::lol::lol:

DSJR
18-04-2011, 09:57
"Food and Fuss" just about sums it up.

Hadn't seen Mungo for a good few days last week and I was climbing the walls! He appeared from his home next door on Friday and it was like the prodigal son returning :)

Rare Bird
25-04-2011, 20:54
Well this one's been turning up at work for the last 3/4 days. It's asleep on the sofa as i write this

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Cat01.jpg

Well it seems to have gotten it's feet under the table, just waltz's in get parked on the sofa, get a regular feed etc.. thing is it seems to be up the stick, at a guess she's a week to go..Not really sure what to do tbh. :scratch:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/038.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Puss.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/puss02.jpg

DSJR
25-04-2011, 21:10
If it was me, I'd let the kittens be born, find homes for them (except for one perhaps?) and then have madame "done" and the kitten too when old enough.

She looks a lovely puss and obviously feels well at home with you Andr'e :)

Marco
26-04-2011, 00:11
Aww, she's lovely, Andr'e! Calicos are gorgeous and have a nice temperament. Dave gives good advice regarding the other stuff.

I much prefer cats to dogs (although I love those, too)!

Marco.

keiths
26-04-2011, 09:02
Well it seems to have gotten it's feet under the table, just waltz's in get parked on the sofa, get a regular feed etc..

Lovely looking cat.

Tony, a guy who goes in my local, has just been 'adopted' by a cat - it just walked in the door one day and made itself at home. He's not really a cat person though, but his wife and kids are making a fuss over it, so it's staying.

When he got in form work the other day, his daughter had bought it a catnip mouse that was driving the cat into a frenzy. Tony said "I've only just got used to the idea of us feeding it, now we're buying it drugs"

Made me :lol:

Rare Bird
26-04-2011, 17:29
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Nutter01.jpg

:eek:

Reid Malenfant
26-04-2011, 18:01
:lolsign: Agreed with the others, a great looking cat :)

Bugger me if it doesn't know who's boss though & it's not Andr'e by the looks of things :D If ever a cat was saying "you will let me in buster" then that look is it :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
26-04-2011, 18:07
Aye that's it's dinner o clock stare, i happens every hour :rolleyes:

Reid Malenfant
26-04-2011, 19:17
Aye that's it's dinner o clock stare, i happens every hour :rolleyes:
:eyebrows: How many do you reckon it's eating for then?

I had cats until about 6 or 7 years ago when the last one passed away :( I'll never forget that cat as i had it since about 1985 when it decided that i was the one it was going to live with ;)

I was walking the at that time GF home & it cottoned on to me about 1.5 miles from my house, followed me another good half mile to her place & then another 2 miles back to mine :eek: I put it in the shed overnight as it was only probably 3 months old & there was already a cat about the house, next day it was still there & got on with the other one famously once introduced ;)

They aren't stupid, perhaps we are :eyebrows:

Covenant
26-04-2011, 19:52
Have you given it a name yet Andre? There is no going back once you give a cat a name.

slate
26-04-2011, 20:12
or may I suggest "Dazzle"

Rare Bird
26-04-2011, 20:40
You don't wanna know what i call it honestly

Mark: i think they drop 3-5 kittens at a time don't they ?

Reid Malenfant
26-04-2011, 20:46

:lolsign: Tbh m8 i just don't know, always got them sorted so it can't happen ;) I'm sure other animals are worse & produce more just in case due to infant mortality :confused:

I honestly have no idea, sorry.

slate
26-04-2011, 20:54
My parents cat "Bimmer" was the only kitten in that litter; he made up for it by eating like a dog and topped at 8 kilo. He ruled the area until his final trip to the vet at the age of 15. Chasing cats and dogs away; bringing home small gifts.. well remnants of birds, mice, rats, hare, ...
Until the end he loved the play and he knew that it was play, only "marking" with his teeths.... unlike my own cat that couldn't play but always went into fight mode with teeths and claws chopping away.

keiths
26-04-2011, 21:00
I think average is 4 or 5 - but can be just one or more than 10!

When I was at university, we took a stray cat into our university-run flat (rule #1: NO Pets:eyebrows:) that was heavily pregnant. She had 7 (six survived).

Barry
26-04-2011, 21:02

How about calling it "Onix"?

Marco
29-04-2011, 20:49
Cats rule! Here's some pics of our two:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5593/img0625wn.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/img0625wn.jpg/)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6125/img0622h.jpg (http://img842.imageshack.us/i/img0622h.jpg/)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6669/img0623i.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/img0623i.jpg/)

:)

Marco.

BTH K10A
29-04-2011, 21:38
Bums & tails

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0811.jpg

Strolling in springtime

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0535.jpg

Hunting

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0491.jpg

Marco
29-04-2011, 23:07
Jeez, now that last one has a rather fat arse!! What does it eat, small dogs? :lol:

Nice pics though, dude! :)

Marco.

Alex_UK
29-04-2011, 23:11
Jeez, now that last one has a rather fat arse!! What does it eat, small dogs? :lol:

Did you mean to post that here or did you think you were on the Royal Wedding thread still? :eyebrows:

Marco
29-04-2011, 23:27
Oops...Shlipped up again! :doh:

:eyebrows:

Marco.

BTH K10A
30-04-2011, 06:37

Nice pics though, dude! :)

Marco.

Yep, been known to terrorise the local dogs, foxes, squirrels, welshmen, scotsmen etc. Many a dog has mysteriously disappeared. :eyebrows: They hunt as a pack too.

Fat arse :eek: Polly considers herself very cute although she has been known to give people "the look". When this happens grown men are reduced to quivering wrecks. :lol:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0522-1.jpg

DSJR
30-04-2011, 09:03
I'm well used to "the look," and not from pussy-cats either :(

Marco
30-04-2011, 09:09
Some other 'feline' we know, Dave? ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
03-05-2011, 17:18
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Picture013.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Picture014.jpg

It's an hard life :)

Marco
03-05-2011, 17:21
Awwww..... I just want to sook her wee head! :)

Marco.

Alex_UK
03-05-2011, 17:25
Bless!

SteveW
03-05-2011, 21:30
...it's all going a bit far.
So, my wife and daughter decided that May 1st was to be the cat's 'birthday'.

OK..Tilly's birthday.

So..a cake from Sainburys' an a candle.

The really daft thing is...it was my idea. :eek:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/Stevewaller/DSC_0055.jpg

Rare Bird
03-05-2011, 21:35
Ahhh loverly little eyes.

Barry
03-05-2011, 22:06
Ahhh loverly little eyes.

Have you decided on a name for your new 'lodger' yet André?

Regards

Rare Bird
03-05-2011, 22:42
Hi Barry
I have a name i call her but nothing i can post here :lolsign:

But not yet, never really thought about it..

Barry
03-05-2011, 22:44
Hi Barry
I have a name i call her but nothing i can post here :lolsign:

But not yet, never really thought about it..

Tell me in a PM mate! :lol:

Regards

Rare Bird
03-05-2011, 23:02

I'm taking Sugestions anyone..

Barry
03-05-2011, 23:15

I'm taking Sugestions anyone..

I suggested "Onix" - can't call a cat "Ferrograph" or "Revox"! :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
03-05-2011, 23:23
I suggested "Onix" - can't call a cat "Ferrograph" or "Revox"! :lol:

Haha - or 'Logic 7'

Yoga
06-05-2011, 22:55
Cats are awesome. Total cat man here, can't help but fuss them :¬)

Steve - they do indeed choose you, great to see Tilly become a family member!

We looked after this little fella for two weeks; Benji 'Batface' :)

http://cl.ly/1r1C3g0h2Y131p1r2n1W/RHP-100730-081115_RHP2818.jpg

So hard giving him back! Taught him to fetch hairbands, he used to love that game. He'd trot back with it in his mouth and drop it next to you, over and over. Heart melting stuff :¬)

Alex_UK
06-05-2011, 22:59
CUTE! I'd love another cat, but I get too attached, and our road is too busy with enticing woodland across the street...

Yoga
06-05-2011, 23:02
Yeah man, road + cat = worry. Thankfully we live in a cul-de-sac which is a lot safer!

The Grand Wazoo
16-05-2011, 10:44
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/2072448754_c4cee9e40e_o.jpg

Reid Malenfant
16-05-2011, 10:49

Rare Bird
01-06-2011, 16:52
O dear, another one has been hanging around the last couple of days.. i keep feeding & watering it, but it's a bit of a wild one..Been trying to get near it for a stroke but no chance, although there's been a bit of a result today, i got around 2'' from it.. :lolsign:

It's an ugly un, i call it 'Monkey' cat :eyebrows:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/PUSSY.jpg

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
01-06-2011, 18:51
They all get old sadly, my Pooky is 18 now and seriously incontinent, the vet says nothing can be done his stomach is just giving up. So he spends most of his time in the garden now fertilising the lawn and beds every hour, but I still love him to bits. He has been famous all his life for falling to sleep in amplifiers in different states of build as he seems to like the boxes. Many a NVA amp has a bit of Pooky fur in it.

Anyway this is him in his favourite place as was under my work bench and in his favourite pose.

http://i51.tinypic.com/35iu649.jpg

Dominic Harper
01-06-2011, 19:15
Might as well add my cat's pic's.
Here's Oscar the baby of the trio
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/hifimaster/cats/29092010081.jpg

Charlie is one laid back pussy!
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/hifimaster/cats/17042010059.jpg

Yoga
01-06-2011, 19:50
Haha, awesome :D

Cats rock.

worthingpagan
12-06-2011, 15:02
Aye, she had such an amazing character. Definitely a wise old lady who knew how to get exactly what she wanted.:) Here is her story.

The Story Of A Little Cat

It was a warm spring afternoon. The kind you get in early May, where its not to hot and the air is still fresh. I remember it so well. My girlfriend was away at her friends for a few days and I had the house to myself. I was sat relaxing in the garden enjoying the pleasantness of the day. I was fully stocked for an afternoon of pure indulgence. The radio was on, the beers were cold, I had a new book from Clive Cussler to read and some rather nice chicken sandwiches to snack upon. I had not a care in the world.

Maybe an hour had passed, maybe a bit more, but I was quite sure I saw some movement from the corner of my eye. I paused from literary induced action fantasies and looked around. There was nothing to be seen. Oh well, I returned to my book and the world of excitement within. Maybe another five minutes had gone by; when yet again I was sure I saw movement. I carefully scanned the garden. Nothing was stirring. I looked at the pile of empty beer cans, it wasn’t that large. Then I saw it, the ferns along the fence were definitely moving. Do we have another hedgehog I thought to myself?

I watched intently as the undergrowth slowly moved back and forth. A small face appeared. Definitely not a hedgy I thought. The small face looked at me, and then slowly scanned the garden. I returned her gaze and eventually our eyes met. Slowly the small face moved towards me, followed by the rest of her black & white feline body. As she moved closer I noticed the long proud whiskers, no youngster here I thought, but a cat of distinction.

She came to within a foot of where I was sat and like cats everywhere walked round my chair twice before seating herself in front of me. She stared up at me with her bright green eyes. I leant forwards and slowly stroked the back of her head, her purring indicated her pleasure my attention was giving. I looked to my side and carefully retrieved some small pieces of chicken from my sandwich. She happily ate these from my hand. Within five minutes, she was curled up on my lap enjoying the sunshine and my continued stroking of her as we leisurely shared the remains of the sandwiches.

I wonder where she came from I thought. I have never seen this cat before, many others, but definitely not this one. And why is she so friendly?

The day gently came to an end and I decided to retire indoors. As I picked up by belongings and headed off, the small cat followed, straight into the front room and made herself at home on one of the armchairs.

I want to bed that night with many thoughts of the day. I left the back door open in case little cat decided to leave. The following morning I arose to find cat still asleep on the chair. Oh well, I thought, better get her some food and promptly wandered off to the shop. After a good breakfast of Whiskers and milk, the cat trotted off to the garden for a spot of sun. I had to go out that day, so I left cat in the garden with the remains of her food and some water. When I returned, she was gone. My weekend friend was no more. Slowly over the coming days, my thoughts of her drifted away.

It must have been about five days later when I received an excited phone call from my Amanda. “Guess what I found” she said. Before I had a chance to answer she followed it with “can we keep her”? I presume you have found a small black & white cat I replied; and recounted the previous weekend’s escapade. My girlfriend confirmed it was the little cat, but she was in a bad shape, matted fur, and patches of missing fur, she was obviously in distress. What could have happened?

When I got home, I saw it was indeed the little cat from the previous weekend, but she looked in terrible state. She must have been living rough for some time. There was only one thing to do. We scooped her up and took her to the vets. The vet diagnosed a nasty case of flea infection and many sore patches of skin from her continued scratching. He quite literally doused her in flea spray (her fur was soaked) and gave her an anti inflammatory injection. She was also given one of those plastic collars to stop her cleaning herself and ingesting the flea lotion. She looked most indignant. When we got her home, she retired behind the sofa and refused to come out until she decided it was food time. Within a few days, she looked much better and we removed the collar. She could happily clean herself now and within no time, her coat was shining and she seemed so much happier.

We knew she wasn’t our cat and put some “found cat” posters up. A few days later, a lady came to the door to claim her. She had been away on holiday and had asked her father to mind the cats for her. She had 4 cats all together and this one had decided to go “walkabout”. She must have been living rough until we found her. Maybe she got lost, who knows? We were told the little cat was over 12 years old and had a rather “independent” personality. She picked up little cat and took her back to her home.

Amanda and I settled down for our dinner that evening, hardly had we started when the little cat appeared and sat opposite the table in front of us. She sat there quite motionless, with that special “feed me” look in her eyes. We again contacted the lady from “up the road”, she was not interested in coming back to collect the cat again. “It’s your cat now”, she said. Our lives changed on that day.

This all happened over 4 years ago now. Much has happened since. We never gave the cat a name; she seemed far too independent for this. She was simply known as “little cat”, although we knew that eventually her name would “come to us”. It wasn’t like she was a pet we decided to keep. It was far more like she had decided we could be her guardians, so that’s the way it was. She was the master of psychology and needed to do little more than give one of her “special stares” when she required food. I often wondered if she was secretly hypnotic. I also wondered if she was psychic as well. She could be asleep upstairs and you only needed to lift a packet of “Go Cat” from the cupboard and she would appear instantly at your feet. How did she know this, it wasn’t as if I would be shaking the box or anything?

She was a feisty little lady; her character and personality were far bigger than her physical size indicated. Our garden used to get regularly visited by a ginger Tom, who was at least 3 times her size. She was having none of this and soon taught him who was boss and whose garden it was. She would tear round the garden in a blur, race up the apple tree and survey her domain from atop the garden shed. She was definitely in charge of what happened in the garden.

I remember one spring, when all the little birds were trying to fly for the first time. Cat decided she wanted to “play” with the birds as they fell to the ground. She didn’t bother climbing the trees to catch the birds; she just waited patiently until the birds came to her. I don’t think she wanted to kill them, and she didn’t try to either. Unfortunately, she managed to remove their tail feathers making flight impossible for them. We spent almost a day trying to retrieve these little flightless birds from their hiding holes and placed them in a box to be delivered to the RSPCA.

After this episode, she never did this again, I think she just wanted to show us she could be a hunting cat when required and although old, she was still a proper cat, with the personality of a tiger. She wasn’t about to let us forger this.

When not in the garden, she had two favourite spots within the house which she claimed as her own. One was the windowsill in the dining room. The computer desk was also sighted here and so it worked for her on many levels. She was able to peer out the window and survey her little world in the garden, or more usually, sleep soundly in the stream of warm air coming from the back of the computer. Her other spot was in the living room. He had a huge pile of beanbags in the corner; she would climb to the top of these, create a small hollow on the uppermost bag and disappear within. Occasionally she would pop her head over the edge, just to check we were still there.

I will always remember the time we were eating pizza in the garden. We had been sat at the table for a little while before cat appeared. Instead of sitting at our feet like she usually did, she slowly walked behind the table. The next thing we saw, was has her little paw stretching above the table and giving us a little wave. Then a second paw appeared and slowly she pulled her head up above the table top and started at us. We both fell about laughing and carefully removed some meaty treats from the pizza for her. This is what cat was like, full of little surprises and a wonderful character.

Earlier this year, we finally gave her a name. As I mentioned earlier, this is something we deliberately left as we knew that eventually the right name for her would come along. Although it took some time. She is now called “Moomin”. For some reason, the name just came along and stuck with her, so that’s what it is. I think it suits her incredibly well.

Little Moomin is an old lady now. She is at least 16 years old. That’s well over 80 in human years. Her fur has patches of grey in it and her whiskers are looking a little bit droopy. She is still full of spirit and life, or is when she’s awake. I think she has decided to become a cat of leisure and enjoys resting. She still loves to go out into the garden, scratch her claws on the rose bush and survey her little territory. Even now, she still sees off any cats that invade her space. She is still acts like a little tiger.

Last weekend however, everything changed. Little Moomin was not herself; she sat on the window sill with her head bowed. She looked so sad. We took her to the vets, where she had a thorough examination and a blood test. It was a terribly anxious time waiting for the diagnosis. The results were not good. It appears she has not only had a stroke, but she has a kidney problem as well. She is on medication, but she looks so sad and frail. It is devastating to see her like this. On Friday before I went to work, I said good bye to her, I had tears in my eyes. I honestly thought she wouldn’t be there when I got home that evening.

The strength and character of this little cat is so amazing, she still clings to life and walks her “patch” in the garden. Yet the medication and the after effects of the stroke are causing problems. She looks so confused and hardly has the strength to move. She is finding it so difficult to be a cat any more. I am so worried about her. We love her so dearly it just makes me cry with sadness to see her like this. I do so hope she pulls through this ordeal.

**Spirit Of Freedom**

Thank you for sharing this amazing story, it certainly makes a lump come into my throat and i appreciate my own little feline "Charlie" all the more for reading this. I had a lovely half lab half sheep dog a few years back, when he died, I cried for hours, I loved him so much. I've always been more an animal person, provided you don't abuse them they will always reward you with affection, friendship, loyalty and fun :)

barry-potter
12-06-2011, 22:04
the thing i like about cats is they are so contrary. the other day i looked out the window and there was a cat asleep on top of my mx5. i had to go out but it was insistent on staying there. in the end i had to move it. as i got closer it hissed at me and i thought to myself 'this is going to be fun'. but it was a lovely little thing and just wanted to be stroked. so i moved it out of harms way and went out. when i got back it was on another cars roof, and then jumped back over to mine. haven't seen it since. anyway here is a picture of my beautiful little friend. i chose her from the rescue centre because she is excellent at mobile room correction.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/spacejay_bucket/Pixie.jpg

Marco
13-06-2011, 07:46
Cats rock, chaps, so keep the pics coming! :)

Marco.

chris@panteg
13-06-2011, 09:51
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/chrispanteg30/fluff004.jpg

Fluff and Cleo , both now gone.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/chrispanteg30/fluff011.jpg

Fluff and Leo , leo is now 11 and going well , we call him 6 dinner Syd lol .

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/chrispanteg30/Picturesfromyorkshire268.jpg

Megan and Max , Megan has moved in permanantly with some friendly neighbours ! She hates all the other cats in the house , including her brother Max .

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/chrispanteg30/Picturesfromyorkshire260.jpg

Max , having a doze on my lap .

worthingpagan
15-06-2011, 06:51
A pic of "Charlie"

WAD62
15-06-2011, 11:53
Here's Spike...he moved in about 12 years ago, he's not doing too bad for an old fella, just a few grey hairs starting to show ;)

Yoga
16-06-2011, 09:07
What a moving story from Techno. Lump in throat alert!

This is Boy, he's wonderful. Such a playful and affectionate nature. He baby-sat various kittens over the summer when some friends went on holiday! Love him so much.

http://cl.ly/360q3u1f1A0Y2A030p0a/_RHP7397.jpg

And here he is with his sister, Girl. She is also wonderful :¬)

http://cl.ly/1e2E1w3R1x1S0r070N0N/_RHP7498.jpg

Cats are the best.

Techno Commander
16-06-2011, 11:48
A basket full of cats. :)

Reid Malenfant
20-10-2011, 16:27
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/kitten-terrified-of-apples/1j45ijot6?from=sfhpmodule

A cracking cat video to music, well kitten actually :eyebrows: Very well done indeed ;)

Rare Bird
21-10-2011, 22:59
I love cats, i wish the wife was one :eyebrows:

DSJR
22-10-2011, 09:39
Mine's a Leo and proud of it - Lions eat goats.................

Our neighbour's cat comes to visit for a fuss every day, give or take. The darker early mornings have seen me very reluctant to wake (I have jobs to do before sonny-jim goes to school) and the other day, I missed the alarm (again). Puss comes up, jumps on the bed and snuggles down, tries to wake me and can't, so madame does instead (:eek:). I awoke to see a furry purry smiling face up close wondering why I hadn't immediately attended to fussing him, which is his divine right :lol: He takes his responsibilities very seriously, stays a short while, and then goes home to "Mummy" next door for his biccies and mid-moring nap...........

joey
23-10-2011, 10:59
We have 3 cats, can't find a pictue of the 3rd one at the moment,

This is Frosty
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/joestanton4/JO260126-1.jpg

This is my cat Paws

She has never devloped properly shes 5 now and is still the size of a large kitten and has no adult teeth.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/joestanton4/JO070356.jpg

The 3rd one is Linus who is ginger and i cant find a picture!

worthingpagan
25-10-2011, 15:07
beautiful animals :)

DSJR
25-10-2011, 18:27
:grouphug:

BTH K10A
04-01-2012, 21:36
Ever have that feeling your'e being watched....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_1044.jpg