PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Loth-X floorstanders or Stamm drivers

iansr
05-04-2022, 10:03
I’m looking for a pair of Polaris or Troubador speakers. Alternatively I’d be interested in just the Stamm drivers.

Lucerne
06-04-2022, 16:50
pair of drivers on Adrians site- Audioflair.co.uk

iansr
06-04-2022, 17:05
Thanks yes, been trying to reach Adrian. He’s asking a helluva lot for them!

Paul4972
09-04-2022, 10:29
Adrian allowed me ten years ago to trial Troubadours in my system for four months to allow me to get to grips with them. I have not looked back. I have other --lesser-- speaker systems in the house which are by definition slow and less involving, while the Loths deliver incredible clarity and naturalness of information. I just discovered last year, with addition of the neat design of the KEF KC62 sub, the Loths deliver, to me, everything one could want short of headbanging bass. I have heard the Cube Nenuphar 10" at a dealers with my own SET, preamp and cables and was quite underwhelmed (saved 12k). If you decide to take the drivers from Adrian, I can offer you the measured drawings for Troubadours to build them yourself or commission from a fabricator. I may have drgs. for the Polaris too, yet with the same drivers, and the right sub, you might not need the greater size of the latter. Ping me if you'd like the drgs. P

Volante
09-04-2022, 11:05
Having had a pair of Polaris before I can attest to their sound quality.
Adrian, from whom I bought them , told me they were his reference speakers.
If you can get the drivers at a reasonable price it would be well worth your whilke building either Troubadors or the biger Polaris.

iansr
09-04-2022, 12:25
Paul, thank you for your post and your offer of the drawings. Unfortunately Adrian sold the drivers some time ago but did not update his website :(

I will however message you anyway just in case I ever find a pair of drivers. And re the Nenuphar speakers, I’ve heard them at a dealers. I thought they were OK but they certainly didn’t live up to the hype.

Paul4972
11-04-2022, 21:51
I have just recalled there is a dealer-manufacturer of valve amps in Toronto who had various model Loth X loudspeakers for sale. Not sure if I can post web-links here so simply search for Song Audio Toronto. The gentleman's name is Song Kim. If he is still in business he might have driver units available. A little more practical to ship drivers --though they are heavy, at a guess 7 - 9 kg each (they are special) than cabinets and drivers, from N. America.
Good luck.

iansr
11-04-2022, 22:07
Thanks Paul I will look into that. I see you a PM a couple of days ago, don’t know if you’ve seen it.