PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Mk1 and Mk2 Drobo units with hard drives.

twelvebears
25-08-2010, 18:19
Right Chaps, here's the perfect solution for the safe storage of all your digital media. Drobo provides simple, expandable, direct attached storage that protects you from the very real risk of a hard drive failure, but without the need to be a techie who understands the complications of RAID setups.

Have a read of the numerous positive reviews online to find out what Drobo is all about. I can personally confirm that between them, they have safely seen me through 2 hard drive failures without losing a thing.

http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo.php

I have for sale two Drobos, both complete with hard drives.

One is an original Mk1 USB2 only version with x4 1Tb Western Digital drives, which gives 2.7Tb of useable capacity.

The other is the Mk2 version which has both USB2 and Firewire connections (plus a slightly more powerful processor) with x3 1.5Tb WD drives, which also gives about 2.7Tb of storage.

Both units are fully capable of accepting current 2Tb drives and therefore being expanded to a usable 5.5Tb

Both are in perfect condition, having just sat working faultlessly on my shelf for the last 2 years and 1 year respectively. I don't have the original packaging for one but it will be carefully packed.

My only reason for selling is that I've just bought a Drobo FS, as a change of circumstances at home means I need the drive to be network accessible without being dependent on a particular machine.

Based on complete eBay listings I'd like around £300 for the newer unit with the x3 1.5Tb drives (they go for around £200 empty) and £200 for the older model, but will consider offers, particularly if anyone is interested in both.

Cheers