PDA

View Full Version : Brian Eno’s new limited editio turntable.

RMutt
15-12-2021, 20:04
https://www.wallpaper.com/art/brian-eno-turntable/amp

Barry
15-12-2021, 20:12
It would drive me round the bend - very distracting, just like VU meters on power amps! :sofa:

Mikeandvan
15-12-2021, 20:43
Someone needs to say to him at some point, 'shut up Brian you prick'.

Pigmy Pony
15-12-2021, 20:59
Someone needs to say to him at some point, 'shut up Brian you prick'.

Tell it how it is Mike, no pussyfooting :D

Roy S
15-12-2021, 21:00
He's also designed a telly that just makes whale noises

mr sneff
15-12-2021, 21:12

:lol:

Alex_UK
15-12-2021, 21:16
He's also designed a telly that just makes whale noises

Pigmy Pony
15-12-2021, 21:22
If his turntables don't sell, they could be used as runway landing lights. Playing "Music for Airports" or "Here come the Warm Jets". I'm so very sorry, I'll stop now.

Mikeandvan
15-12-2021, 22:04

They say you should never meet your heroes.

Pharos
15-12-2021, 22:07
This illustartes a modern phenomenon, that of ther assumption that If when young a pe5son hs a particular edge in an area, later when that fades, it is assumed that the person is now an expert at other things.

Lauren Laverne is now a broadcasting expert, and Bono a person of political insight to be consulted on the news. There are may others, and it is so because they are 'celebrities'.

Mikeandvan
15-12-2021, 22:14
This illustartes a modern phenomenon, that of ther assumption that If when young a pe5son hs a particular edge in an area, later when that fades, it is assumed that the person is now an expert at other things.

Lauren Laverne is now a broadcasting expert, and Bono a person of political insight to be consulted on the news. There are may others, and it is so because they are 'celebrities'.

I saw Bono the other day, he looked a bit lost, I said 'you still haven't found what you're looking for then?', and he said, 'no I have, it's just the trouble with this area is the streets have no name'.

Roy S
15-12-2021, 22:29
I saw Bono the other day, he looked a bit lost, I said 'you still haven't found what you're looking for then?', and he said, 'no I have, it's just the trouble with this area is the streets have no name'.

Must have been

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51749533048_de62386fff_o.jpg

Pigmy Pony
15-12-2021, 22:29

Maybe if Boris got himself some indoor sunglasses he would gain some political insight :)

Theadmans
16-12-2021, 17:26
It's like all this bloody coloured vinyl!

If you work for a record company - please, please wise up...

...people that actually listen to their LPs - are mostly not retarded 5 year olds.

Black Records Matter.

prestonchipfryer
16-12-2021, 18:07
If his turntables don't sell, they could be used as runway landing lights. Playing "Music for Airports" or "Here come the Warm Jets". I'm so very sorry, I'll stop now.

Jac Hawk
16-12-2021, 18:44
looks like a tweaked Project TT it has a Project arm for a start

Pigmy Pony
16-12-2021, 20:43
It's like all this bloody coloured vinyl!

If you work for a record company - please, please wise up...

...people that actually listen to their LPs - are mostly not retarded 5 year olds.

Black Records Matter.

I agree with your sentiments Adam, but you're not supposed to say coloured vinyl any more, it's vinyl of colour :doh:

Theadmans
16-12-2021, 20:48
A friend of mine recently said in distress...

...I will soon have more vinyl of colour than black vinyl in my collection.

It's beyond a joke now and much like the kneeling thing in football...

...once they start - they can't stop.

Barry
16-12-2021, 21:04
Vinyl, or to give it its full name polyvinyl chloride is colourless. Carbon black is added to help prevent the disc becoming charged through triboelectric action. Thus all vinyl is "coloured", or "vinyl of colour" if you prefer.

Since ALL my records are black, I don't have this PC challenge.

Pigmy Pony
17-12-2021, 19:10
I only have maybe three or four albums in coloured vinyl - not impressed with SQ, and that's with my cloth ears. I haven't done a comparison with black versions of the same titles, so I can't say for sure if the problem lies with the colour.

If given the choice, I would pay a bit more for black vinyl, I'm old fashioned that way.

WullieD20
17-12-2021, 19:53
If given the choice, I would pay a bit more for black vinyl, I'm old fashioned that way.

Aye, me too . . in many ways.

I had quite a few failures in coloured vinyl, or pictured vinyl in years gone by, but purchased some translucent blue albums that were sublime and a couple of clear vinyl - same result.

However, I recently purchased the new Eric Clapton album....."Limited Edition in yellow vinyl". . . . Music is fantastic (if Clapton is your thing), acoustic covers of most of his own stuff and the engineering is also fantastic. The downside is that Universal / Mercury should be absolutely ashamed of themselves as the disc suffers from pops, crackles and CLICKS throughout, despite the disc looking completely virgin to the naked eye! Incidentally, as probably expected, Un /Mer refuse to respond to complaints! And I have had two copies now from different sources, subsequently returned to Vendors for refunds!!

Check Amazon reviews for The Lady In The Balcony, where other reviews from Germany complain about exactly the same unacceptable problem.

Mikeandvan
18-12-2021, 11:01
I find any turntable and a lava lamp works just the same.

AJSki2fly
18-12-2021, 11:54
I find any turntable and a lava lamp works just the same.

You shouldn't do that the Lava will be much too hot and the vinyl will melt! :lol:

ceejaydee
18-12-2021, 14:47
Don't care what colour the vinyl is as long as it sounds good.

Last few I've bought have included, red, green, cammo, blue, clear, orange splattered, purple splattered and 'Glow in the dark' :lol:

If only there was a suffix 'B' for black ;)

Puffin
20-12-2021, 08:22
This is the most entertaining thread I have read in a long time.