PDA

View Full Version : NEBO 12.

Floyddroid
15-11-2021, 21:33
It is my pleasure to announce NEBO 12.

Saturday 24th September 2022. 11am - 22:30 at The Nursery Inn Hartlepool. The fun goes on...:lol::eyebrows::)

https://i.imgur.com/H1HwUqI.jpg

mik_rik
15-11-2021, 22:00
Wondered when it was going to be officially launched
I'll be there

Qwin
17-11-2021, 09:14
:thumbsup:

Floyddroid
18-11-2021, 11:00
Wondered when it was going to be officially launched
I'll be there

Yes indeedly doodly tiz now official. I hope you make it next year Mik and for that matter all of the folks who couldn't make NEBO11. There looks to be a lot going on with regards to folks working on projects they will want heard etc. It has to be said that what we lacked in numbers we made up for with enthusiasm at number 11. Great that we had some new faces there too and with any luck they will return. As you can see, i have arranged the next event at the Nursery pub again. Both the room and the landlord are spot on. So, start making plans my dear fellows. See you down there!

Pigmy Pony
18-11-2021, 19:42
Looking forward to it already Steve. And keep in touch with that Christian* dude if you can, he was a sound lad :)

*Christian was his name, he wasn't "born again" or anything.

Floyddroid
23-12-2021, 06:48
Just a message of gratitude and good wishes. Thank you so much to all the folks who attended NEBO throughout the years but especially the most recent one. It was great to defy the odds and stage something so enjoyable and fun in such bleak and depressing of times. It is testament to the passion, energy and enthusiasm of some of the nicest people i have ever met. I am looking forward to NEBO 12 with gusto and hope that many of the old stalwarts who couldn't make NEBO 11 manage to attend. I am of course aware of the significant threat of the variants of Covid and no doubt Omicron will be one of the older ones by the time we have NEBO 12 and fully understand and respect people's reluctance to put themselves at risk. I am hoping that if society hasn't fully collapsed by the last quarter of next year that we as people have learned to live with Covid in much the same way as we have with flu. I wish you all a safe and peaceful Christmas and new year and best wishes for the year ahead.
https://i.imgur.com/lNr6aYG.jpg

Lawrence001
23-12-2021, 15:38
Am booking this in now hopefully I can make this one.

Ali Tait
23-12-2021, 17:37
All the best to you and yours Steve, hopefully I can make it this time.

mik_rik
23-12-2021, 21:15
All the best Steve and everyone else and roll on NEBO 12 and hope it's a case of:
Now is the Winter of our discontent
Made glorious Summer with the promise of NEBO 12 :):)

Pigmy Pony
23-12-2021, 22:06
All the best Steve and everyone else and roll on NEBO 12 and hope it's a case of:
Now is the Winter of our discontent
Made glorious Summer with the promise of NEBO 12 :):)

Says it all really.

All the best Steve :christmas: Thankyou for NEBO 11, and thanks in advance for NEBO 12, which will also be a good 'un :)

Jac Hawk
31-12-2021, 10:49
As always mate i'll be there, not going to let an apocalyptic world ending virus stop me. NEBO11 was great and now we know what we can expect from the venue we can make NEBO12 even better, i'll of course bring a turntable at the very least, just let me know if you want me to bring anything more.

Pigmy Pony
17-02-2022, 19:34
Question for Steve (Floyddroid): Hi Steve, that vintage Trio amp you brought to NEBO 11, which model is it?

Floyddroid
22-03-2022, 11:08
As always mate i'll be there, not going to let an apocalyptic world ending virus stop me. NEBO11 was great and now we know what we can expect from the venue we can make NEBO12 even better, i'll of course bring a turntable at the very least, just let me know if you want me to bring anything more.

Excellent bulldog spirit. See you down there.

Qwin
05-04-2022, 12:29
After showing a complete digital set up at NEBO11, I'll be going analogue and bringing a Turntable, maybe a Phono Stage this time round.
We're usually short of decks to spin the Black stuff on, so this should add to the variety.

I'm still building the deck, but it should be ready in plenty of time.
It's a Hot Rod'ed Lenco based idler drive, with a Mission 774 mounted.

Still a bit of work to do.......:rolleyes:

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Lenco/Pics/Lenco_02F.jpg

Gazjam
08-04-2022, 18:49
Nice job Sir!

Floyddroid
10-04-2022, 11:33
Wow.

RichB
25-07-2022, 10:09
I'll be along for this one...

Floyddroid
25-07-2022, 20:40

Excellent.

Pigmy Pony
26-07-2022, 05:33

Really enjoyed your music choices last year Rich. Hopefully you can stay longer this time :)

RichB
26-07-2022, 17:48
Really enjoyed your music choices last year Rich. Hopefully you can stay longer this time :)

Thanks man... I'll be arriving later as I'm organising a night on the Friday in the town and staying later, probably crash out in the van 😆

Pigmy Pony
26-07-2022, 18:49
Thanks man... I'll be arriving later as I'm organising a night on the Friday in the town and staying later, probably crash out in the van 😆

That's the spirit! make the most of it all while your body's young enough to cope :)

mik_rik
26-07-2022, 19:41
Roughing it for a night in the back of a van will be nowt to a Glasto' veteran like Rich!
Look forward to meeting up again ,Rich (and everyone else)
Mick

Jac Hawk
27-07-2022, 07:41
I'll be there, looking forward to it, i'll bring a few things but probably leave the speakers at home this time, unless folks are desperate to hear them again?

Firebottle
27-07-2022, 11:39
I could bring my Thiel CS2.2, fully upgraded crossovers and internal cabling. Some have heard them already but not in the finished guise with balanced tweeter output.

Pigmy Pony
27-07-2022, 18:03
Will it be at the same venue as last year? The place was just perfect imo, and a great host.

Edit: Ignore my question, I've just seen that it is :doh:

Jac Hawk
28-07-2022, 12:02
Will it be at the same venue as last year? The place was just perfect imo, and a great host.

Edit: Ignore my question, I've just seen that it is :doh:

Yes Steve same place!!! get ready for the beer!!!

Pigmy Pony
28-07-2022, 18:15
I don't think I'll ever be ready for THAT beer. Nice going down, but I was farting for England that night. I felt sorry for whoever did my room next morning. Still, there's always lager :)

Qwin
24-08-2022, 17:04
Finally got my Lenco based TT ready for NEBO 12

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_09.jpg

Anyone interested in the whole story behind the build, find it here: https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Lenco/Lenco_Thumbs.html

Ali Tait
24-08-2022, 18:47
Looks great Ken. Is that one of Sien's mats?

Qwin
24-08-2022, 19:06
Hi Ali,
Yes Sien of SPH, used his long bearing as well.
Used PTP6 top plates.
Under the hood:

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_01.jpg

I added an extra steady/mounting plate to the bottom of the bearing

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk///Lenco/Pics/Lenco_02K2.jpg

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk///Lenco/Pics/Lenco_02K3.jpg

Did you have any problems setting up a cartridge in your Original 774?

I couldn't use the stock Eff Length of 229mm as the wires exiting the wand were under the clamp and would pinch.
Came up with my own dimensions using the Vinyl Engine alignment program, measures better than the so called Mission dimensions, which calculate pretty poor.
You can see what I did on the arm and my alignment protractor here: https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//774/774_Thumbs.html

Ali Tait
24-08-2022, 20:45
Thanks Ken, I’ll take a look. No problems setting up, can’t remember what eff length I used though.

Have a mat coming when Sien has them ready.

Qwin
25-08-2022, 07:37
Have a mat coming when Sien has them ready.

The mat sounds great and records don't slide about on it when brushing them etc, which was my concern.

I have a 5mm Acrylic mat on the platter, with the Copper "SCuMat" sat on that. A 3mm x 19mm Rubber band around the circumference of the plater with x4 O-rings over that. It's as dead as you could want, no platter ringing what so ever. Total revolving mass of this set up is just over 5.5kg

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_04B.jpg

The White top layer is just my strobe timing disc.

The only down side is the Copper needs polishing regularly.

I've considered spraying it with Black etch primer or even Flocking it, but have reservations, as it might effect the sound, especially the Flock.

Jac Hawk
25-08-2022, 13:00
Nice looking deck Ken, can't wait to hear it, i'm busy with the TD125 getting it ready foe NEBO, I chipped the paint on the top plate, not badly but i know it's there and my OCD won't go away until it's perfect. Keen to here the Mission arm as it's a one on my list of must own one day, what cart are you using on it BTW?

Ali Tait
25-08-2022, 13:10
The mat sounds great and records don't slide about on it when brushing them etc, which was my concern.

I have a 5mm Acrylic mat on the platter, with the Copper "SCuMat" sat on that. A 3mm x 19mm Rubber band around the circumference of the plater with x4 O-rings over that. It's as dead as you could want, no platter ringing what so ever. Total revolving mass of this set up is just over 5.5kg

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_04B.jpg

The White top layer is just my strobe timing disc.

The only down side is the Copper needs polishing regularly.

I've considered spraying it with Black etch primer or even Flocking it, but have reservations, as it might effect the sound, especially the Flock.

Cheers Ken, looks good. Sien’s just been in touch, he’s flying over next week so will be posting from London which will save a few quid.

Qwin
25-08-2022, 13:18
Hi Mike
I'm using a Van Den Hul ONE Special
Good compliance match to the arm and strong current output.
Still dialling everything in, going to try the damping paddle/Silicon Oil, sent for some oil off eBay 50K and 30k cSt.
The arm wiring is new (Missing Link) as is the interconnect to my phono stage. The later is DIY from Teflon covered Silver plated copper, used as separate L/R twisted pairs, no shield just a loose cable laid next to each pair and grounded at pin 1 (XLR) for each channel at the phono stage.
My Phono stage is Balanced and a current amplifier, not a voltage amplifier so XLR Balanced right through to Pre Amp (Freya+).
Everything, including the cartridge needs to settle in, but its sounding very nice, even with the basic settings I used to start out.

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_12.jpg

Yes I had to drill the head, all the cartridges I was considering had threaded bodies so it was Hobsons choice.

Qwin
25-08-2022, 13:28
I should really start a thread for this project over in The Drawing Board section, rather than hijack the NEBO thread.

Meanwhile, its all on my web site, Deck build and Arm mods, find it Here:

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Lenco/Lenco_Thumbs.html

Jac Hawk
25-08-2022, 14:04
Can't wait to hear it Ken, at least there will be 2 turntables at the next NEBO

Qwin
25-08-2022, 15:50

Firebottle
26-08-2022, 06:41
Will there be any chance of connecting your TT to a single ended input Ken?

Qwin
26-08-2022, 07:46
Will there be any chance of connecting your TT to a single ended input Ken?

Hi Alan,
yes you can connect my TT to a single ended Phono Stage.
This was why I terminated the cartridge leads in a 4 pin XLR on the rear.
I have a set of Balanced XLR leads for my set up, but also a set of SE (NEBO in Mind).
The SE leads are terminated in KLE RCA's and are 1.3m long so should be flexible in equipment placement. I'll put some hours on the cables, which I've only just made this week.

I'll be bringing my Aqvox balanced Phono stage and Schiit Freya+ Pre, so folks can here the Aqvox in balanced current mode. On previous outings it had to operate in SE voltage mode, which has decent performance, but not what it excels at. (No balanced Pre Amp available previously).
Anyone that wants to plug my TT into their set up is more than welcome.

Floyddroid
29-08-2022, 20:13
Yowza looking good Ken.

Floyddroid
29-08-2022, 20:15
Thought i would just stir the engines. Just checked with the landlord and we are on track for another great day.

Jac Hawk
30-08-2022, 07:07
Thought i would just stir the engines. Just checked with the landlord and we are on track for another great day.

Excellent news Steve, i'm on cleaning some LP's in preparation.

Jac Hawk
02-09-2022, 18:50
Not long to go now:cool::eyebrows::eyebrows::D

Ali Tait
02-09-2022, 19:29
Aye looking forward to it.

Qwin
02-09-2022, 19:53

Steve - I remember the Landlord said last time, we should have gotten some of the local take away menu's and have the food delivered to the pub, he was ok with us eating it on the premises as he only did pies/sandwiches.

Might be worth checking that still applies for this time and getting some menu's.

A curry and Cameron's ale, now that's a combination :D

Qwin
03-09-2022, 14:15
Cheers Ken, looks good. Sien’s just been in touch, he’s flying over next week so will be posting from London which will save a few quid.

Don't know if you have your SCuMat yet Ali?

I didn't like the idea of having to polish the mat regularly, its a messy job, Copper tarnishes quickly and every finger mark will go Black in a short time.

Thought of painting it with clear lacquer, Black etch primer or even Flocking it, but was worried about what it would do to the sound, as the bare Copper works very well.

I ended up oxidizing the surface with some jewellers patina fluid.
It's not a perfectly even colour, but much more even than just leaving it to oxidize naturally, I quite like it.

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_10B.jpg

I got the Patina fluid from a Jewellers supplier in Birmingham, its really nasty stuff, highly corrosive, fatal if swallowed and damages your lungs if you breath the fumes. I used gloves and face shield, has to be used out doors or in a fume cabinet. You use it diluted, 25ml to 1Litre of water, but you have to heat it to 60/70 deg C for best results. You immerse the Copper for 5 to 20 sec depending on how dark you want it. I went just over 20 sec which is about as dark as it will go.

This should protect it and be a fit and forget finish that doesn't effect the sound quality.

struth
03-09-2022, 14:30
nice job ken... copper/silver protectors should be fine too...

like this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-Silver-Copper-Brass-Polish-No-More-Finish/dp/B001OSPT3K/ref=asc_df_B001OSPT3K/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=222086461140&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13637896137684386803&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007406&hvtargid=pla-425897144612&th=1)

Qwin
03-09-2022, 14:43
nice job ken... copper/silver protectors should be fine too...

like this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-Silver-Copper-Brass-Polish-No-More-Finish/dp/B001OSPT3K/ref=asc_df_B001OSPT3K/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=222086461140&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13637896137684386803&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007406&hvtargid=pla-425897144612&th=1)

Trouble is Grant, if I'm not mistaken that is basically clear lacquer (paint) and may effect the acoustic interface between the Copper/Vinyl.

struth
03-09-2022, 14:52
its possible, i dont know but i doubt its the surface so much as the material and weight... but dont know.. still i like your idea

Qwin
03-09-2022, 15:03
I thought about it, but like you was unsure of the effect a lacquer would have.
The oxidization seemed like a form of protection with minimal effect to the surface properties, so the safest bet.
Looks kind of cool to in my opinion.
The Copper mat has a very natural presentation, has great dynamic qualities if the music goes that way, doesn't deaden the sound in any way or sound to bright, seems right down the middle.

Ali Tait
03-09-2022, 19:24
Don't know if you have your SCuMat yet Ali?

I didn't like the idea of having to polish the mat regularly, its a messy job, Copper tarnishes quickly and every finger mark will go Black in a short time.

Thought of painting it with clear lacquer, Black etch primer or even Flocking it, but was worried about what it would do to the sound, as the bare Copper works very well.

I ended up oxidizing the surface with some jewellers patina fluid.
It's not a perfectly even colour, but much more even than just leaving it to oxidize naturally, I quite like it.

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Lenco/Pics/Lenco_4_10B.jpg

I got the Patina fluid from a Jewellers supplier in Birmingham, its really nasty stuff, highly corrosive, fatal if swallowed and damages your lungs if you breath the fumes. I used gloves and face shield, has to be used out doors or in a fume cabinet. You use it diluted, 25ml to 1Litre of water, but you have to heat it to 60/70 deg C for best results. You immerse the Copper for 5 to 20 sec depending on how dark you want it. I went just over 20 sec which is about as dark as it will go.

This should protect it and be a fit and forget finish that doesn't effect the sound quality.

Not yet, it's posted so will probably be here on Monday.

Yes I'd had similar thoughts about the finish, I might try some lacquer, easy enough to remove if needs be. Yours looks good though.

Floyddroid
06-09-2022, 06:51
Steve - I remember the Landlord said last time, we should have gotten some of the local take away menu's and have the food delivered to the pub, he was ok with us eating it on the premises as he only did pies/sandwiches.

Might be worth checking that still applies for this time and getting some menu's.

A curry and Cameron's ale, now that's a combination :D

I will get in touch with him Ken

Jac Hawk
06-09-2022, 19:28
I can’t se it being any different than last year, Steve (pigmy pony) and me spoke to the landlord and he was more than happy to let us bring food in, unless he’s serving meals I can’t imagine it being any different, we can use an app to order in

Qwin
06-09-2022, 19:32
Should get free delivery with a large enough order.

Pigmy Pony
07-09-2022, 06:15
Should get free delivery with a large enough order.

Should expect so, we just need to check before ordering.

I Slipped up a bit last year - I ordered some pizzas to be delivered at tea time, they took about 2 hours to arrive, by which time there were only a handful of us left, and it was then that I found they would only accept cash. I only had my card and a few quid, so Firebottle kindly stepped in with his hugely giant wad of cash and saved the day :) Top man Alan, I still owe you.

Floyddroid
09-09-2022, 20:57
I had a chat with Ian the landlord and he is totally cool with us ordering in food.

Pigmy Pony
10-09-2022, 07:53
Yeah Ian was a proper sound bloke, so I'm not surprised. He did have a decent selection of pies to start with, but we soon burnt through that lot.

Jimbo
10-09-2022, 08:19
Hi Steve ( Floydroid) what gear are you taking to NEBO?

Jac Hawk
10-09-2022, 14:42
Yeah Ian was a proper sound bloke, so I'm not surprised. He did have a decent selection of pies to start with, but we soon burnt through that lot.

Did you get a pie mate? i thought you were busy getting to grips with the Strongarm:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

https://d1sixo6y2intz2.cloudfront.net/images/merchandising/content/wines/cameronsuk-strongarm/headline.jpg

Are you taking any gear btw???

Qwin
10-09-2022, 15:15

Can we have a run down of what all folks are taking, might be good to work out if there will be a shortage of anything.

I'll start by saying, I'm taking my recently finished Lenco/Mission 774/VDH One special - Turntable.

I may also bring my Phono Stage and Pre Amp, depending on space and also on what everyone else plans.
I had a good turn last time out, so will let others have priority this time.

Plus I'm a bit pushed for space to transport gear. Its my Mum's 90th Birthday the day before and we plan a bit of a bash, so passengers and suitcases for that will limit what I can bring. She lives only 8 miles from Hartlepool, but I live more like 90 miles away now. :doh:

Firebottle
10-09-2022, 15:36
I would really like to bring the Thiel CS 2.2 speakers so I shall also bring the Neurochrome 286 power amp plus Zaphino OCC speaker leads, to go with.

Also my Bigbottle BT2 preamp build which was there last year, but new this year will be the Bigbottle Ultime 8 valve phono stage, it needs an outing and exposure (ooh err missus).

Jac Hawk
10-09-2022, 16:39
I'll bring the Primaluna Evo400i amp, EAT E-Glo petite phono stage, Thorens TD125mk1, plus Paul Garish is coming with me so we'll be bringing his Tannoys, i think they're Cheviots

Pigmy Pony
11-09-2022, 00:04
Did you get a pie mate? i thought you were busy getting to grips with the Strongarm:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

https://d1sixo6y2intz2.cloudfront.net/images/merchandising/content/wines/cameronsuk-strongarm/headline.jpg

Are you taking any gear btw???

Course I had a pie! I think I may have had two :o

I don't think I have anything people would be interested to hear. That's not to say my stuff is crap, rather that going by last year's NEBO, there was no shortage of wonderful-sounding kit and only so many hours in a day.

Although if I did happen to have something someone was interested to hear I would happily fetch it up.

Pigmy Pony
12-09-2022, 19:52
Shit Shit Shit Shit...

I couldn't remember what part of November NEBO was happening, so I've just looked at page 1 - twenty piggin fourth of piggin Sep piggin tember!

NEBO was the one 'do' I was looking forward to more than anything else this year, cruelly snatched away from me.

I know it won't matter much to the rest of you, but it will to me. And it's Ian I feel sorry for - he probably ordered too many pies :doh:

Jac Hawk
13-09-2022, 07:42
Shit Shit Shit Shit...

I couldn't remember what part of November NEBO was happening, so I've just looked at page 1 - twenty piggin fourth of piggin Sep piggin tember!

NEBO was the one 'do' I was looking forward to more than anything else this year, cruelly snatched away from me.

I know it won't matter much to the rest of you, but it will to me. And it's Ian I feel sorry for - he probably ordered too many pies :doh:

:eek::eek:There are some colourful metaphors i could use here, how the hell did you mix up September with November????? anyway i may be able to squeeze you into my car, or are you double booked???:scratch::scratch:

Pigmy Pony
13-09-2022, 17:43
:eek::eek:There are some colourful metaphors i could use here, how the hell did you mix up September with November????? anyway i may be able to squeeze you into my car, or are you double booked???:scratch::scratch:

Mike, I'm absolutely gutted about it. The date clashes with a family get-together, with an uncle of Anita's over from Canada. I tried to lay it on thick about what a significant date in my diary it is, but the hard stare she gave me put an end to that :(

I forget things and mix dates up all the time, and people say I should write stuff down. But then I just lose the paper it's written on.

I have the Wam show in my diary for Sat 1st October, and I kept that date work-free for a few weeks before I twigged it's actually on a Sunday :doh: Honestly I'm not fit to be let out without a responsible adult.

Speaking of which, Mike - you're a responsible adult, if you can supervise my driving down to Stoke for the Wam show, there's plenty of room :)

Jac Hawk
13-09-2022, 18:25
No problem steve, we can go down in my car

Pigmy Pony
13-09-2022, 22:31
Cool, I'll pop round this week, have your kettle ready :)

Jac Hawk
14-09-2022, 07:36
Cool, I'll pop round this week, have your kettle ready :)

So that's this week, not a random week in November:scratch::scratch::doh::lol::lol: no problem give me a bell before you come, i'm in London all day Thursday doing site surveys, but Friday's good

Pigmy Pony
14-09-2022, 08:50
So that's this week, not a random week in November:scratch::scratch::doh::lol::lol: no problem give me a bell before you come, i'm in London all day Thursday doing site surveys, but Friday's good

:thumbsup: I'll put a reminder in my diary, if I can remember where I put it.

Jac Hawk
14-09-2022, 10:59
:thumbsup: I'll put a reminder in my diary, if I can remember where I put it.

Here's a helpful link to the Alzheimer's Society https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/

Pigmy Pony
14-09-2022, 16:52
My memory has always been terrible, but modern life has so many more moving parts, sometimes (most of the time) I struggle to keep track. And I bet that most of the time the problem isn't poor recall, but rather not paying proper attention in the first place :doh:

walpurgis
14-09-2022, 18:53
My memory has always been terrible

I've forgotten whether mine is bad or not.

Floyddroid
16-09-2022, 12:09

I am undecided. I am thinking of taking a vintage Jap amp and my Arcam FMJ CD23.:)

Floyddroid
16-09-2022, 12:10
I would really like to bring the Thiel CS 2.2 speakers so I shall also bring the Neurochrome 286 power amp plus Zaphino OCC speaker leads, to go with.

Also my Bigbottle BT2 preamp build which was there last year, but new this year will be the Bigbottle Ultime 8 valve phono stage, it needs an outing and exposure (ooh err missus).

They would go down a storm,

Floyddroid
19-09-2022, 17:39
https://youtu.be/7-WRjSePd7U

Floyddroid
23-09-2022, 22:34
Since then NEBO has been held in a myriad of establishments from airport hotels and pubs some of which were dire, others really good. Ten year on + NEBO rumbles on in the North East of the UK. What began as a get together for local audiophiles in the local vicinity blossomed into some fantastic human beings becoming friends with one another and sharing great times and knowledge. I may have lost a few quid on a few of the events but I honestly feel like the richest man in the world having met so many folks who I now regard as friends. Am I sat in my chair complacent expecting visitors by the coach load to our next event? Certainly not! For every message I receive that someone can’t make it for what ever reason a certain amount of anal twittering is induced. And worry that enough people will turn up to make it a goer. My good lady reminds me on the eve of every NEBO when i express the same concerns that I need not worry. She is of course correct. Because even if a fraction of the usual attendees were to turn up it still manages to turn out a great day. NEBO 11 was a fantastic day and the first one post COVID. Some of the usual NEBOites needed to be cautious about spending the day within a crowded environment. Rightly so, the germs were still in the process of being eliminated when NEBO 11 took place yet it seemed a triumphant day in so many respects. I am aware at the cost of living effects and the concerns people have with regards to interacting within a group which is why I take nothing for granted. Its a strange penchant I have for witnessing others enjoying their passion for music and audio equipment in its many guises. I am grateful to the people who walk round the corner to the gig or travel many miles with a story to tell or quite simply wish to remind themselves of a rich heritage we have as a music loving nation and pioneers of quality audio equipment well before the Japanese who themselves manufactured some of the most sort after Hi-Fi equipment ever built. Reading this you may wonder why I ever started such an institution? My answer is precisely that, it is an institution and one that welcomes anyone and everyone with the passion, enthusiasm and the wish to become part of a friendly and hospitable group of like-minded gentle folk hell bent on enjoyment and the celebration of music and Audiophilia. Can’t wait for the next day to begin. See you down there……...

Lawrence001
23-09-2022, 23:39
Am booking this in now hopefully I can make this one.Despite booking the day nearly a year in advance my other half is otherwise engaged and I've got the kids for the next few days [emoji24]

Have a great day and I hope it's as good or even better than ever. Onwards and upwards!

Lawrence001
25-09-2022, 13:19
So how was it??

Firebottle
25-09-2022, 17:01
Great day/evening. 100% vinyl, yes I know in this day and age.

2 sets of speakers, 2x TT, One power amp and one integrated, 2x preamps, 4x phonostages so plenty of chances for swapping and changing.

Quite a mixed bag of albums so all rather interesting. Feeling knackered now as it was a long way for me.

Floyddroid
25-09-2022, 17:40
Great day/evening. 100% vinyl, yes I know in this day and age.

2 sets of speakers, 2x TT, One power amp and one integrated, 2x preamps, 4x phonostages so plenty of chances for swapping and changing.

Quite a mixed bag of albums so all rather interesting. Feeling knackered now as it was a long way for me.

So kind of you to come all that way Alan and to by the boys spme pizza's too. Another great day. Shame we couldn't get your DAC up and running. Thanks to everyone who called in too.

struth
25-09-2022, 17:46
hope you all had a great day...

Jimbo
25-09-2022, 19:14
100% vinyl sounds great day/evening.

Jac Hawk
25-09-2022, 20:09
100% vinyl sounds great day/evening.

It was! Some great kit too, a pity there wasn’t more folk and gear, but at least it gave the opportunity to thoroughly listen to everything.

the venue is fantastic perfect for vinyl with no bouncy floors and the landlord is extremely accommodating plus he serves a fantastic pint of Stongarm the local brew, Steve should be proud of his accomplishment and I hope there are many more NEBO’s to come.

Jimbo
26-09-2022, 07:04
I have very happy memories of NEBO a few years back and Steve is a great host. Always a great experience and I always came away with suggestions for new equipment to try, great new music and some great new friends .

Glad you all had good day and I will try and get to one in a year or so.

Ali Tait
26-09-2022, 07:15
Aye was a grand day, and good to see you all again. Thanks again to Steve for hosting, and to Alan for taking away my phono stage to have a look at as it went down on one channel during the day.

Here’s to the next one!

Qwin
26-09-2022, 09:53
As folks have said, great day and a chance to swap gear and make comparisons.
Nice to hear three great tubed phono stages.
Very pleased with the way my new TT performed, hearing what it could do with these phono stages, confirmed I need to improve mine, to make use of its full potential. So thanks for that opportunity chaps.
Great venue and beer, thanks to Alan for the food and of course Steve for keeping this great institution going.
I had a brilliant day and came home with lots of ideas for must have vinyl.:D
Thanks to Paul and Alan for making the effort to haul their speakers up there (Tannoy and Thiel), nice to hear something different to our usual batch and both performed superbly on the day.

Firebottle
26-09-2022, 15:48
Your TT did perform exceedingly well Ken.

I thought it worthwhile to bring the Thiel CS 2.2 speakers as I had never heard any before I bought these, so I thought others should get the experience also.

I forget how heavy they are, once I had unloaded after the long drive home on Sunday I was knackered, it must be my age..

Qwin
26-09-2022, 16:00
You and me both Alan.
I've just got my units back in position and plumbed in.
Will try them after tea to see everything works ok after the journey.

Ali Tait
27-09-2022, 20:12
Big thanks to Alan for taking the Allnic away to have a look at as it suddenly developed low level on one channel. He hasn’t found any issues, so must have been an RCA/ cable channel issue. Glad it’s in good fettle. :-)

Floyddroid
28-09-2022, 05:04
Big thanks to Alan for taking the Allnic away to have a look at as it suddenly developed low level on one channel. He hasn’t found any issues, so must have been an RCA/ cable channel issue. Glad it’s in good fettle. :-)

Yes me too, glad its ok. I would have loved to have heard it.

Ali Tait
28-09-2022, 08:49
Next time Steve. :-)

Jac Hawk
30-09-2022, 07:48
So it's been almost a week since NEBO12, i'm already itching for NEBO13, so how's about it Mr Petch? the sooner you get it booked the better attended it will be.

mik_rik
30-09-2022, 14:05
So it's been almost a week since NEBO12, i'm already itching for NEBO13, so how's about it Mr Petch? the sooner you get it booked the better attended it will be.

I'd be up for 2pyr
even trying to get 'er indoors to come along and keep me right !

Jac Hawk
30-09-2022, 14:28
Here are a couple of photos of NEBO12

Allan in his usual understated attire

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52394527956_1d3e78b26e_b.jpg

Nearly at the end of the night the Progmeister was just about done in, Allan’s trousers however gave him the energy to power through

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52394829814_82326db4d4_b.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/2nPVDLh

Floyddroid
30-09-2022, 16:05
OK, I'm on it. Watch this space.

Ali Tait
30-09-2022, 17:04
Cheers Steve.

Jac Hawk
01-10-2022, 19:08
As I’ve mentioned just before Easter would be great, it’s 7th - 10th April next year, so maybe the week before??? Thoughts??

Pigmy Pony
02-10-2022, 05:35
I think that's a good idea, and I would put the date in my diary this time so I don't go and double-book the date with some other less fun crap, like I did this year :doh:

Floyddroid
02-10-2022, 18:01
As I’ve mentioned just before Easter would be great, it’s 7th - 10th April next year, so maybe the week before??? Thoughts??

10th is easter Monday How about April 1st April?

mik_rik
02-10-2022, 18:06
Should be o.k

Floyddroid
02-10-2022, 18:17
I have contacted the landlord of the Nursery Inn to ask if we can occupy the place on Saturday April 1st next year. All in favout say aye.

Jac Hawk
02-10-2022, 19:24
Excellent idea Steve, I’m sure Ian will be more than happy to host us again

Ali Tait
03-10-2022, 06:33
Good for me Steve, thanks again for organising.

Qwin
03-10-2022, 08:29