PDA

View Full Version : Firebottle OTP Phono stage.

I.D.S.
11-10-2021, 19:10
Recently took ownership of this little beauty from NickFNA and i can say i'm pleased i snapped it up. Straight out the box is working very well with my Hotroded SL1200/Jelco and Pickering XV into my Aura intergrated in my Den rig. Now i'll be able to refit my Denon 103r +'The Cap' onto the turntable it was bought for. A few tweaks and the office paperwork should go much smoother:rolleyes:

Nickfna
12-10-2021, 09:42
Was a pleasure to do business with you Ian, and i'm glad you are enjoying the OTP,
it really is a cracking bit of kit.

Jac Hawk
18-10-2021, 08:40
I must admit they do punch way above their weight, mine can be switched between MM and MC, my mate also has one and his is MM only, I'd say it's much happier in MM mode and trying to run a low output MC is pushing it a bit, but then it's £100 or so, really amazing for the price.

Jac Hawk
19-10-2021, 10:30
i've just bought a new phono stage so my Firebottle OTP mk3 is surplus to requirement, i'll post it on the forum but i'd like to get an idea of what it's worth before i do, my thinking is about £120 to £150 or am i wrong?

Pigmy Pony
19-10-2021, 20:15
i've just bought a new phono stage so my Firebottle OTP mk3 is surplus to requirement, i'll post it on the forum but i'd like to get an idea of what it's worth before i do, my thinking is about £120 to £150 or am i wrong?

OTP Mk 3? This looks like the ideal Christmas present from Mrs. P :)

But I'm curious about how it would compare with the built-in phono stage of my MF A5 integrated, which I think is ok.

What have you replaced it with, Mike?

Jac Hawk
19-10-2021, 20:47
OTP Mk 3? This looks like the ideal Christmas present from Mrs. P :)

But I'm curious about how it would compare with the built-in phono stage of my MF A5 integrated, which I think is ok.

What have you replaced it with, Mike?

I've gone and splurged on an EAT E-Glo Petite, lovely bit of kit.

Jac Hawk
19-10-2021, 20:49
if you fancy giving the Firebottle a try just let me know Steve

Pigmy Pony
19-10-2021, 21:01
That would be great Mike, I am seriously interested.

gninnam
19-10-2021, 21:06
OPT MK2 is an excellent phono amp (I have one) so go for it.
As for the Mk3 - I was only aware of 2 of them in existence (one was only just built)?

Jac Hawk
19-10-2021, 21:10
Pop over and pick it up when you have a minute Steve, you're more than welcome to try it out in your system, i have put a listing in the classified section though so best not hang about if you're serious