PDA

View Full Version : FS UK: Troels Gravesen Illuminator 7751

stretchneck
11-10-2021, 13:11
I was lucky enough to purchase these directly from Troels, hand built by himself his new Illuminator 7751 speakers.

I think the illuminator drivers and this design would be well suited to someone who likes tube amplifiers. The 15WU has had the mid-range cone edge treatment by Troels which was an extra cost.

They cast a very large soundstage!

3-way speaker.
Dimensions: 22 x 32 x 110 cm, WxDxH.
System sensitivity: 90 dB/2.8V/1 meter.
Impedance: 4-8 Ohms.
Power requirement: 20+ watts/channel. Not recommended for small <10 wpc SET amps.
Power handling: 300 watts. Based on 2 x 18WU power handling.

Gregje
15-01-2022, 14:32
You really need to tell us what you are using instead!

stretchneck
18-01-2022, 20:54
For once, this is actually the only pair of speakers I currently have! My room can take larger loudspeakers, so that's where I'd like to go next.

People should really come and listen to these in my system. I purchase about 4 pairs of speakers a year - this is the best one out of the recent ones, all of the others have been sold. To me the hobby is all about experimentation and learning, that's why you'll see 'nearly new' stuff being sold by me.

I sell that much stuff I should probably become a dealer :-)

Gregje
22-01-2022, 11:59
I sell that much stuff I should probably become a dealer :-)

Yeah, I thought so for a sec ;-) !
Anyway, nothing wrong with that. I am a bit like that but I build (and do not part with what I've built.. which is probably worse)

From what I gather from TG's customers feedback and what you wrote you should go for one of The Loudspeakers.

stretchneck
22-01-2022, 14:17
The Loudspeakers are amazing - but actually too big - the listening distance would have to be quite far for the output to sum. I’m looking elsewhere. Also I used to have Troels 3WC-15.

struth
09-05-2022, 10:55
thread closed