PDA

View Full Version : Buying direct from China

Neversmileatacrocodile
17-09-2021, 17:52
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question!

As much because of lead times and lack of stock at UK dealers, I'm thinking about importing an amp direct. Obviously shipping is costly, and there may be a degree of risk. But how much risk? Are there reputable dealers out there? I'm OK with the import end of things. Would anyone care to share any personal experience, good or bad?

Thanks!

Pieoftheday
17-09-2021, 18:17
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question!

As much because of lead times and lack of stock at UK dealers, I'm thinking about importing an amp direct. Obviously shipping is costly, and there may be a degree of risk. But how much risk? Are there reputable dealers out there? I'm OK with the import end of things. Would anyone care to share any personal experience, good or bad?

Thanks!

I've used Aliexpress to buy from China, no issues, well some import duties but that's always going to be a risk

bumpy
19-09-2021, 11:05
In any speaker, the drivers contribute to probably 80% of the sound quality.

I wouldn't part with good money without knowing what the drivers are and how they perform.

Mr.Ian
20-09-2021, 17:10
I have bought loads of smaller items direct from china, never had a problem. millions of people in china buy mail order from taobao, the sellers are well used to mail order shipping and good packaging.

Having said that quality control isnt as good as in the west so their is a risk that the item is faulty and return complex.

paulf-2007
08-10-2021, 14:27
I have bought loads of smaller items direct from china, never had a problem. millions of people in china buy mail order from taobao, the sellers are well used to mail order shipping and good packaging.

Having said that quality control isnt as good as in the west so their is a risk that the item is faulty and return complex.had some great results buying from China, the odd problem I’ve dealt with here by taking to a tech guy that can deal with valve or solid state kit. If you pay a good price there’s room for any issues to be dealt with