PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Berkshire

RaggaMuffin
16-08-2021, 21:40
Hi all, I'm Chris and I'm from Ascot in the UK, about an hour outside of London. I've joined here recently because I've started getting into DIY audio, but so far have only done a few kits. My main setup is a Rega Planar 3 (w/ mods) with an AT-VM95ML cart going into a Trichord Dino MKII with Dino+ power supply. That goes into a NAD C316BEE integrated amp. The speakers are KEF Q55s. All of this was bought at pretty good second-hand prices. I have a Naim NAC 112 preamp, that I cannot use with anything because I don't have a power amp that can power it, or an external power supply, so I will probably be asking for some advice about that in due course!

I have a few headphone amps as well that I use with my Sennheiser HDXXs, a Drop THX aaa One, a Schiit Vali 2 and a Bottlehead Crack with the speedball upgrade. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bottlehead kit, and I would love to do some more. I recently acquired a Quad 306 power amp with some issues that I would like to fix, so I will be making a post regarding that later today.

Thank you for having me here!

walpurgis
17-08-2021, 07:03
Hi Chris. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

The Quad 306 has been featured in rebuilds and upgrades here and elsewhere in the past. It's a justifiably popular unit.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
20-08-2021, 07:37
welcome Chris.. Diy is important in this hobby, and sure folk here will be able to help if needed..

Barry
21-08-2021, 10:04
Welcome to AoS Chris,

Yes - we have many keen DIYers here, as well as some very knowledgeable designers who may be able to help you with your NAC112 power supply problem.

What are your tastes in music?

Welcome again, enjoy the Forum
Barry