bhope58122
16-05-2021, 20:18
Hello,

Ben here from Shrewsbury.

Current setup consists of

Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace
Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm
Hana SL Cartridge
Bigbottle MK1 Phono Stage (soon to be MK3)
Copland CTA402 integrated amplifier
Kralk Audio KA-2 Speakers

I'm a member of a few other forums and several groups on Facebook, I'm here to expand my knowledge of valves really and maybe recommendations on a cartridge upgrade. That seems to be the next logical step.

Cheers,

Marco
16-05-2021, 20:53
Hi Ben,

Welcome to AoS! Glad you found us:)

Very nice system indeed, clearly carefully chosen. I especially approve of your speakers!:respect:

We're not too far away. Love shopping in Shrewsbury, and unfortunately so does my wife:D Couple of good record shops there, too...

Anyway, enjoy the forum and don't be shy getting stuck in:cool:

Marco.

walpurgis
17-05-2021, 04:55
Hello Ben. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you, there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

bhope58122
18-05-2021, 00:54
Hi Ben,

Welcome to AoS! Glad you found us:)

Very nice system indeed, clearly carefully chosen. I especially approve of your speakers!:respect:

We're not too far away. Love shopping in Shrewsbury, and unfortunately so does my wife:D Couple of good record shops there, too...

Anyway, enjoy the forum and don't be shy getting stuck in:cool:

Marco.

Yes, the speakers are something special. I have got to know Alan quite well, the guy is a fantastic speaker builder and all round good guy. It was great to see that the capacitors in the External Crossovers were actually from Wrexham rather than the Far East!

Shrewsbury is a great place to live, I'm from Walsall originally so it's a completely didn't world.

Record shops are diminishing a little now unfortunately, there's only 3 now, down from the 5 when I moved here a couple of years ago. Still, lucky to have them 3 I guess.

Cheers,

Ben

bhope58122
18-05-2021, 00:54
Hello Ben. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you, there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Cheers, will do

Lamboy
27-07-2021, 21:25
I went to school with the owner of 'left for dead' record store on wyle cop, top bloke.

Barry
27-07-2021, 21:43
Welcome to AoS Ben,

Some nice gear you use there. :) What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

bhope58122
28-07-2021, 02:04
Welcome to AoS Ben,

Some nice gear you use there. :) What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
BarryThanks, Barry. The gear has already changed since I posted that first thread.

The Hana has been replaced with a Dynavector XX2 MKII, the Bigbottle is now MK3 spec, a Power Inspired AG1500 will be thrown in to the mix soon as well.

My tastes cover all genres really, apart from Classical. Not that I don't like Classical, I just don't have the urge to listen to it at present.

I've found myself listening to female vocalists a lot recently Melody Gardot, Norah Jones and similar. Celeste is a new one on the block and she has a great voice, too. Sam Cooke, Harry Belafonte, Marvin Gaye are also high on rotation.

That being said, The Beatles will always come back to the top of my listening tree of preferences.