PDA

View Full Version : WTB: PTP Solid TT

iansr
02-04-2021, 14:25
I have shortlist for my next TT and it will probably come down to which turns up first on the used market. So if you have one of these for sale then let me know.

Stormin'Norman
02-04-2021, 19:38
Chap on the WAM selling one
BR, Norman

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

iansr
02-04-2021, 19:44
Yes seen that one thanks. Am talking to the seller but he is asking too much in my view so. . . .

Bazil
03-04-2021, 08:52
Yes seen that one thanks. Am talking to the seller but he is asking too much in my view so. . . .

That ad is being investigated .

iansr
03-04-2021, 09:00
Thanks for that!

kambo_z
03-04-2021, 10:43
Sent you a PM

topoxforddoc
03-04-2021, 17:31
The seller on HF Wam Pani has a very long posting history on Audiogon. If it’s the same guy as on Agon, his kit is usually immaculate. I have corresponded with him several times about Platine Verdiers and TRON phono stages
Charlie

anubisgrau
03-04-2021, 22:07
The seller on PFM Pani has a very long posting history on Audiogon. If it’s the same guy as on Agon, his kit is usually immaculate. I have corresponded with him several times about Platine Verdiers and TRON phono stages
Charlie

Absolutely.

Would be good to know why is it being investigated? Prejudices against Indian seller?

Hap Hazzard
04-04-2021, 07:42
Absolutely.

Would be good to know why is it being investigated? Prejudices against Indian seller?

The picture that was being used to sell the item, was a picture of another members kit. Obviously this caused confusion to the other member who stated that this was his turntable and that his turntable was not for sale.

There are rules to selling items on the forum and this was clearly not being followed and suspicion arose about how genuine this advert was. The seller was asked to clarify the matter. He has since done this and apologised for using another members picture to try and sell his turntable.

It is not a good idea to use pictures of some else’s item and to mislead people into thinking that the picture shown is your item for sale, when it is clearly not.

As for your second question, I’m not prejudice, just safe and canny from whom I buy from. :)

anubisgrau
04-04-2021, 10:37
well people are not always aware of this rule. often (not here though, on local websites) i used stock photos cause i couldn't bother to photograph, unless there is a genuine buyer.

Hap Hazzard
04-04-2021, 14:51
well people are not always aware of this rule. often (not here though, on local websites) i used stock photos cause i couldn't bother to photograph, unless there is a genuine buyer.

Not sure why you are trying to excuse what he did, he was also asked if the Phantom arm was for sale as well and he just said “no “ as a reply. He clearly couldn’t sell it as it didn’t belong to him and he didn’t have it. He could of said at that stage that he had used someone’s else’s photo of the turntable but he didn’t. He just carried on making people believe that the turntable pictured for sale was his.

As for the perjudice you raised, no one anywhere mentioned this except you, so you’ll have to answer that one by yourself and make your own conclusions on how you got there.

Anyway I’m done on the matter, I’m sure people here are intelligent enough to make up their own minds.

Hap Hazzard
04-04-2021, 15:18
I do apologise to iansr, as concerns where raised in good faith and were proved to be correct even if from another forum. I also bump his thread up for his wanted ad, good luck with your search mate.

Hap. :)

DiveDeepDog
04-04-2021, 15:57
FWIW, I made this;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/goldring-lenco-turntable-with-DC-motor-conversion-with-battery-psu/284226064738?hash=item422d319162:g:IjgAAOSw315gVaw A

I wasn't sold on the DC motor, and its a shot in the foot taking the arm off as it was built specifically for the Groovemaster, just showing an alternative POV.

paul@southby
12-04-2021, 16:41
Hi. I've a homebuilt PTP5 based on 25mm ply. I'm using a 9" Opera unipivot with it. I've a 12" arm wand and a rega armboard. Can PM you pictures if you're interested. paul

iansr
12-04-2021, 21:05
@paul
Yes please pm me some photos and details of any refurb work and any mods. Cheers.

kambo_z
13-04-2021, 12:20
I have PTP 6 in black colour, let me know if you are interested.

iansr
13-04-2021, 14:47
I have PTP 6 in black colour, let me know if you are interested.

Do you mean its a DIY one using the PTP6 top plate?

kambo_z
13-04-2021, 19:20
All PTP6 are DIY one. The plinth was built by Carl Ellis 6 layers birch ply in piano black. It has Jolyons bearing fitted with rega armboard.