PDA

View Full Version : Croft 7R monoblocks in excellent condition

Bigbird
20-03-2021, 08:50
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210320/7def05fc27775cb773fd7b05a87b5d55.png

For sale here is a stunning pair of Croft 7R monoblock valve amplifiers in superb condition.

If you are here looking at them then you will likely already know how good these things are. They punch way above their modest RRP of £2800/$5000 and very rarely come up for sale. I’ve never actually seen a pair come up for sale in Australia (where I am now) so this is a rare chance to own amps of this caliber.

They were bought new direct from Glenn Croft between 4-5 years ago I think. my acquaintance Roger (Blodger of this parish) decided to downsize his setup so he sent them back to Glenn for a service and an upgrade of the transformers before he sold them to me on this forum. I’ve had them around a couple of years now and they have performed stunningly during that time and have been very well looked after. They are Glenn’s top spec model .

They have a huge , open and airy sound like all the best valve amps do with detail and transparency to die for, very listenable and non fatiguing . The only reason I am selling is because of a recent upgrade and want to fund the purchase of a DAC . I had to build a seriously high spec amplifier to persuade me to offload them and even then the gains I’ve made are small.

They will be supplied with the stock JJ ecc83 and also mullard 85a2 valves in the regulation section and vintage GE 12BH7A on the input section. These amps respond very well to tube rolling . I have a pair of holy grail 1956 RCA black plates that I can sell at extra cost and they make a very worthy upgrade to the sound. They’re one of the top two or three valves I’ve ever heard. I bought them NOS at some cost a little while ago so they’ve only done low hours and really add to the holographic sound with a lovely richness . Well worth it.

These amps were never supplied with power leads so they won’t come with leads from me either . There’s isn’t room in the boxes for anything other than the amps . You can buy IEC/kettle leads for literally a few dollars/pounds or if you have fancy ones then that’s all good . If collecting personally I will supply some

I’m happy to do a demonstration here in Melbourne for any serious buyer , just ask . If not I can send videos of the amplifiers in action performing flawlessly .

As you guys well know, Glenn’s customer service is second to none (as long as the cricket isn’t on[emoji12]) so no worries about service or repair for the long run.

I am happy to ship worldwide with full insurance but please ask for a quote before purchasing so I can give you a proper price . I think they cost me around £150 to ship them out of the UK and I’m sure between myself and Roger we can prove they came from the UK first and that they are second hand so they should be exempt from VAT also.

Please note these are 230/240v

No fancy cases or gimmicks here, just pure performance. All the money is spent on the important stuff .

These won’t hang around long so grab a rare bargain at almost half price. Yours for £1500. I have purposely priced these a bit lower than market value to help accomodate any postage costs people need to do

I use UPS and have done for years without any issues. It usually takes 4-5 days to and from the UK with their express service

Cheers

Karl https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210320/0649bb52c3a43fe4b25ca8c8e0021996.png
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210320/764936febe1d48a50f11c138e0850fff.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranraer
20-03-2021, 14:39
If I didn't already have a pair, I'd swim to Oz for that price...........

Blodger
20-03-2021, 15:14
Just to endorse Karl’s description of these amps and their provenance - they are phenomenally good and one of the best bargains in hifi IMHO. Glenn Croft fitted new transformers and they ran totally quiet for me after that, as well as improving the soundstage, etc. Karl was an excellent person to deal with, and is a really top forum member. I’m sure these will get snapped up pretty quickly.

Bigbird
20-03-2021, 22:41
Just to endorse Karl’s description of these amps and their provenance - they are phenomenally good and one of the best bargains in hifi IMHO. Glenn Croft fitted new transformers and they ran totally quiet for me after that, as well as improving the soundstage, etc. Karl was an excellent person to deal with, and is a really top forum member. I’m sure these will get snapped up pretty quickly.

Thanks Roger. Appreciate that matey

Anybody interested can rest assured that these are as described and sound incredible

Bigbird
20-03-2021, 22:42
If I didn't already have a pair, I'd swim to Oz for that price...........

Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate . [emoji1655]

Stranraer
20-03-2021, 22:49
[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261220]Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate . [emoji1655]

Cheers for the concern, but you're talking to the guy who survived a stag night in Gundaroo........

Bigbird
20-03-2021, 22:55
[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261220]Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate . [emoji1655]

Cheers for the concern, but you're talking to the guy who survived a stag night in Gundaroo........

Hahaha now there’s a story we’d all love to hear

Stranraer
21-03-2021, 00:22
[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261222][QUOTE=Stranraer;1261221]

It was genuinely amazing. A bunch of North London guys in a rural community in Oz.
About 25 of us flew out. The village made arrangements to house share for three or four days, leaving several large empty houses for us to squat, unsupervised. Incredible hospitality.
Pom v Oz football match, barby, obvs, and a drink or two with fresh steaks.
A far cry from this flippin' lockdown......

Bigbird
22-03-2021, 01:20
[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261222][QUOTE=Stranraer;1261221]

It was genuinely amazing. A bunch of North London guys in a rural community in Oz.
About 25 of us flew out. The village made arrangements to house share for three or four days, leaving several large empty houses for us to squat, unsupervised. Incredible hospitality.
Pom v Oz football match, barby, obvs, and a drink or two with fresh steaks.
A far cry from this flippin' lockdown......

That’s awesome mate . Sounds like a typical Ozzy sesh. Thankfully our government dealt with the virus properly so we’ve been pretty much back to normal for months now which is meant we could enjoy our summer properly . Feel for you guys back home . It’s a bit of a mess

Majsterjanek
22-03-2021, 08:53
Karl, not able to pm you, your box is full?

Bigbird
22-03-2021, 10:13
Karl, not able to pm you, your box is full?

Sorry Martin, should be ok now. I’ve cleared some clutter

wee tee cee
23-03-2021, 05:03
pm sent

Bigbird
23-03-2021, 05:51
pm sent

Nothing received ??

Bigbird
23-03-2021, 10:31
SOLD STP

If for any reason the deal falls through then I will contact the next person in line who wanted them .

Thanks for looking