PDA

View Full Version : Rega Tonearm Help

VinylGroovesUK
14-03-2021, 16:59
Hi All

I am hoping someone can help me identify what exact Rega Tomearm model this is and if it is standard or if it is an aftermarket version. I bought this about 5 years from eBay for a project that I am still to start and it has been sitting on a shelf every since but I can't find any ifo from the purchase to help ID it. I think it may have been sold on the basis of a RB251 but I can't be sure, however the only silver finish arm I have come across is the Rega 600 but it dosen't look quite the same. The thing that has really thrown me is that mine does not have the finger lift but the RB251 shows it molded into the head.

It came with Mitchell Technoweights, a Mitchell VTA and Van Damme Pro Grade Classic XLE cabling. It looks factory made as it has been put together superbly well.

So is it:

A stock/standard Rega RB251? if not what model is it.
A Rega aftermarket, if so any ideas to the company that would have done it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7JY6SYqpAPKPNRSu5

Jac Hawk
14-03-2021, 17:13
It looks like a stock rb250 with some aftermarket mods

hifi_dave
14-03-2021, 17:43
Hi All

I am hoping someone can help me identify what exact Rega Tomearm model this is and if it is standard or if it is an aftermarket version. I bought this about 5 years from eBay for a project that I am still to start and it has been sitting on a shelf every since but I can't find any ifo from the purchase to help ID it. I think it may have been sold on the basis of a RB251 but I can't be sure, however the only silver finish arm I have come across is the Rega 600 but it dosen't look quite the same. The thing that has really thrown me is that mine does not have the finger lift but the RB251 shows it molded into the head.

It came with Mitchell Technoweights, a Mitchell VTA and Van Damme Pro Grade Classic XLE cabling. It looks factory made as it has been put together superbly well.

So is it:

A stock/standard Rega RB251? if not what model is it.
A Rega aftermarket, if so any ideas to the company that would have done it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7JY6SYqpAPKPNRSu5

Most likely an RB250 and heavily modified. Re-wired, paint buffed off, Michell c/weight, finger lift ground off for whatever reason etc. I don't know of any company doing this.

VinylGroovesUK
14-03-2021, 18:01
Thanks guys for coming back so quickly, it is much appreciated :)