PDA

View Full Version : FS: iFi Zen Blue Hi-Res Bluetooth DAC

ReggieB
06-03-2021, 13:56
For sale, an iFi Zen Blue Hi-Res Bluetooth DAC

Not used a lot. I bought it to allow me to easily stream things like Youtube from my phone. Works fine, but shortly after buying this unit I upgraded my Simaudio Moon streamer to a version that supports Bluetooth. So a dedicated unit is no longer needed.

The unit is very well reviewed (from Audiophileman review (https://theaudiophileman.com/zen-blue-bluetooth-dac-review-ifi/)):

"Any Bluetooth fanboy needs to grab this box because it not only offers untold codec riches for anyone who has committed to this streaming option but it also does its level best to both provide superior inherent sound quality but at a smile-inducing price."

Looking for £65 which is half what I paid new for it and includes original box and bits. Collection from South Worcestershire, or postage extra.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/cLiUsu.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/922/x86iQp.jpg

Lawrence001
06-03-2021, 14:16
PM sent

Westendboy
06-03-2021, 14:23
You have pm.

ReggieB
06-03-2021, 14:38
Well that was quick. Sold subject to payment. Sorry Keith, Lawrence beat you to it.

Lawrence001
06-03-2021, 15:21
Cheers, I'm going to try it with my headphone setup first as it seems streaming Tidal from my phone is a bit easier than using the Pi as I do now.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

ReggieB
07-03-2021, 18:50
Sold

Lawrence001
10-03-2021, 18:27
Arrived today, very pleased with the sound via the analogue out into my headphone amp. I've seen the HWA symbol appear on my (Honor) phone for the first time!

Only issue is my phone seems to struggle with processing higher rates and glitches if I do anything on it, even rotating it. But if I put the phone down it's stable, or I can switch to standard AptX.

Lawrence001
10-03-2021, 21:30
Update for anyone interested, now using the coax out into my R2R NOS dac and it sounds very good indeed. Glitchiness with HWA format seems to have settled down too.

ReggieB
10-03-2021, 22:59
That's great news Lawrence. I'm really glad the unit has gone to a good home.

Lawrence001
03-07-2021, 15:23
I'm not using this as much as I'd like as I've found out my phone doesn't have the Bluetooth range to use it from my listening position about 12ft from the Hifi. Rather than put it on eBay for what they go for (quite a bit more than this) I'd be happy to get my money back on here, which is £70 collected, or plus postage.

It sounds better than you could expect Bluetooth to sound as the reviews say, especially using the coax out into a good DAC.

Natara
11-07-2021, 08:16
you have pm

Lawrence001
11-07-2021, 16:38
you have pm

Not seen anything yet maybe you PM'd the OP?

For the record, it doesn't work very well with my phone (cheap Honor) but works perfectly with my daughter's Fire HD tablet and my wife's iPad, so it can be fussy, just to bear in mind. I suspect it's a Bluetooth strength issue but can't be sure.

Natara
12-07-2021, 11:16
Not seen anything yet maybe you PM'd the OP?

For the record, it doesn't work very well with my phone (cheap Honor) but works perfectly with my daughter's Fire HD tablet and my wife's iPad, so it can be fussy, just to bear in mind. I suspect it's a Bluetooth strength issue but can't be sure.

Hi Lawrence
I'm not sure why the pm didn't get through but reading that it's BT signal isn't great is a bit of a deal breaker as it's my main reason for wanting it playing Tidal and iRadio from my phone in a 2nd system. So very sorry think I'll leave it Lawrence but GLWS.

Lawrence001
12-07-2021, 14:08
It's not that this has an issue with BT strength as it's a receiver, it's my phone that has the issue. But no worries as I've now found a use for it with my Fire tablet. I'll still sell it if anyone wants one cheap though as it's such a great piece of kit.