PDA

View Full Version : AT33EV available in the UK at last!

Ammonite Audio
01-08-2010, 19:53
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audio-Technica-AT33EV-Evolution-AT33-AT-33-AT33PTG-/260639779077?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3caf576905

Now a certain DC is selling UK supplied, UK warranted AT33EV cartridges. Dear God I'm tempted! I do love the AT33PTG, but some day it's going to wear out, and in any case I'd quite like something very similar but with a more tolerant stylus profile and perhaps a softer, more forgiving extreme top end. I switch the AT33PTG between the Jelco SA-750D and the Ittok LVII as the mood takes me. The Jelco gets a really lovely, deep, fluid and melodious "analogue" sound out of the AT33PTG, even if it's not the last word in detail (far from it, in fact). The Ittok lets the micro ridge stylus profile drag out every little detail and it's very musical too, although it can get a bit strident with some recordings. I reckon the AT33EV with its elliptical stylus would be a great match for the Ittok and then I'd have both tonearms with cartridges already attached for swapping as I feel the need.

Now, if only the house didn't need work done on it and the car's gearbox didn't need some solenoid valves replacing!

MartinT
01-08-2010, 20:46
I did chat with Dave about importing the AT33PTG, seems he has finally got AT to see the light and import the next best thing, the AT33EV. Nice one, Dave.

DSJR
01-08-2010, 20:57
The OC9ML is now in a mk3 too, although noone's commented as to whether it is actually any better, or just re-modelled to refresh it.

chris@panteg
01-08-2010, 23:19
Looks a beauty ! would dearly love to buy one but its going to be a while as i'm skint:( .