PDA

View Full Version : A one turntable man.

Floyddroid
24-02-2021, 05:19
The pandemic certainly has been cruel in so many ways and it's effects have even forced me to sell the last of my vintage turntables. Due to unforeseen circumstances i have had to sell many of my prised possessions in order to pay for other things. My good lady is the only one relatively happy about this as it has freed up space in the house etc. Like so many enthusiasts i had a rather unhealthy collection of vintage turntables which took up a hell of a lot of space. I am now a one turntable man and though i miss having my coveted array of vinyl spinners i think more fondly of them knowing how much their sale has helped me out of a black hole and how much pleasure they are giving others rather than being in storage.
It may be also time in my life to consolidate such things and to let go as such things are as symbolic as they are addictive. I just thought i would share this.:(

Batty
24-02-2021, 07:49
I should shed some gear too.

walpurgis
24-02-2021, 07:56
I'm down to one turntable too, simply because I seldom play records now.

struth
24-02-2021, 08:10
ive lots of gear thats goona get tossed.

Firebottle
24-02-2021, 08:54
Steve, glad that you have managed to come through your black hole. Hope things are on the up :thumbsup:

Ali Tait
24-02-2021, 10:09
Likewise, hope things are better for you now.

Audio Al
24-02-2021, 10:13
Steve real sorry to hear this , I do hope you kept the best of all and can still have quality time with the best format available

YES RECORDS :D

Stay safe

Jac Hawk
24-02-2021, 11:04
Good to hear things are on the up dude!!

doodoos
24-02-2021, 18:43
Some might say that one turntable is one too many. Not me btw. I’m sure you’re not alone though and all the best to you.

Floyddroid
28-02-2021, 07:20
Steve real sorry to hear this , I do hope you kept the best of all and can still have quality time with the best format available

YES RECORDS :D

Stay safe

I kept my main tt which is a VPI Scout II that i absolutely love. In a strange kind of way i feel kind of liberated having shed my last supplementary turntable. Looking back i have owned some of the greats and enjoyed them. However, I've had my VPI for over five years and never had to fart about with it. I have only ever rebalanced the arm if i have moved the turntable or fitted a new cartridge. So i am content, i don't feel the need for bullshit power supplies, motor units or mats etc. Likewise with my Vincent phono stage which i bought as a stopgap 2.5 years on and it is still in the system doing no harm at all.

Haselsh1
28-02-2021, 08:08
:thumbsup:

There comes a time when sense has to prevail.

Floyddroid
28-02-2021, 08:45
:thumbsup:

There comes a time when sense has to prevail.

Dead right Shaun. Lack of funds due to misfortune forces consolidation. The only thing i am in need of at the moment is a pair of new speakers. Having said that i bought a pair of Dali 7's from Lawrence as an interim fix until i can afford a new pair. They are 34 years old but on the end of my valve mono's don't sound too shabby. Makes me wonder if i should consider Dali when i eventually look for a new pair.