PDA

View Full Version : 6SN7 NOS

KAWASAKI ADDICT
04-02-2021, 11:24
Just a heads up. "Foton Factory 1960s." I bought 4 of them a month ago. Russian Ex military. They look similar to the Stock valves supplied by Schiit. There are internal differences, and to me, more balanced, top to bottom. Less than £22 total for 4 inc delivery on Ebay, approx 2 weeks delivery. Just ordered another 4. Not many left. I've got EH, Tungsol, JJ, but I prefer the Foton.

Opti-cal
04-02-2021, 11:51
Just a heads up. "Foton Factory 1960s." I bought 4 of them a month ago. Russian Ex military. They look similar to the Stock valves supplied by Schiit. There are internal differences, and to me, more balanced, top to bottom. Less than £22 total for 4 inc delivery on Ebay, approx 2 weeks delivery. Just ordered another 4. Not many left. I've got EH, Tungsol, JJ, but I prefer the Foton.

Nice recommendation Russell. I have been singing the praises of various Russian tubes too. As you say top to bottom they don't give anything up to the 'big boys'. I have some pretty expensive RCA/Sylvania variants and I prefer these. As older tubes become more scarce and expensive its great to have a resource which is both significantly better value and plentiful. The vendors have significant stocks of these (even if they don't have them up at the same time) so I have no worries regarding availability for the future, but as you elude to the prices are so good you might as well stock up now!

Same goes for a lot of 6SL7 variants too, I have some 6SL7 'melz' factory tubes and although a little more expensive than the ones you reference, they are hands down the best 6SL7's I've had in a couple of my preamps.

Cheers

KAWASAKI ADDICT
05-02-2021, 02:08
Yes, they're great value for money. I've talked myself into buying another dozen, while they're cheap. I certainly don't see the need to spend more. Excellent.