PDA

View Full Version : WTD : Require testing of valves

lilolee
14-01-2021, 09:05
I'm in Maidenhead and I have about 100 valves I'd like to have tested.

Obviously I can't travel until lockdown has been eased, but can anybody help?

Audio Al
14-01-2021, 10:08
You could try these

https://www.watfordvalves.com

Or Anthony at

https://tubedistinctions.co.uk

Tube distinction is a forum member

Both would charge and require you to send the valves in by courier :)

lilolee
14-01-2021, 10:17
I wasn't expecting it to be free.

I will be selling these on so I might just list the Double Triodes.

I would like the numbers for the Power Tubes though.

Audio Al
14-01-2021, 10:28
OK ,no need for the thanks for the links , Oh I didn't get one so that's OK

lilolee
14-01-2021, 11:43
:peace:

I did know of both of those, I was looking for someone more local.

Filterlab
15-01-2021, 17:03
Are you delivering them in person then?

Jazid
15-01-2021, 18:21
I can do it for you. I will also charge because it'll be more than a day of my time, but I'm more local - W. London.
If you're interested please PM me a list of valve types and quantities, what you want them tested for, and I'll give you a PM back with a price.
Re. tests I can do the following:

Standard AVO Mk 4 series:
Filament continuity.
Cold and hot leakage
C/H insulation
Emmissions (Dynamic)
Transconductance (Dynamic)
Gas.

I can also offer static emmissions and transconductance up to 200mA/1kV, 0 to -150Vg, for some valves eg. 300b (only B4 bases currently) if you believe they are worth the time and trouble.

mac72
15-01-2021, 18:36
I'm in Maidenhead and I have about 100 valves I'd like to have tested.

Obviously I can't travel until lockdown has been eased, but can anybody help?
What are the types of tubes need testing?
I have very flexible tube tracer which obviously also does single point measurements , with computer interface so screenshot of each test results is available . Trouble is I limited testing to 9-pin signal double triodes and 8-pin beam tetrode -KT88 , while I could adapt it for almost any test up to 400V plate voltage I don't really have time at the moment t do so , also I couldn't do 100 valves in one go but I have no trouble helping you a bit . PM me or reply to this post with tube types

lilolee
15-01-2021, 19:39
Many thanks for getting back to me. I have already agreed to pay @toprepairman a visit when lockdown eases. If that doesn't happen I'll be in touch. BTW mainly KT66, EL34 and various rectifiers. I'm going to check heater continuity of the double triodes myself.

mac72
15-01-2021, 19:50
Many thanks for getting back to me. I have already agreed to pay @toprepairman a visit when lockdown eases. If that doesn't happen I'll be in touch. BTW mainly KT66, EL34 and various rectifiers. I'm going to check heater continuity of the double triodes myself.
Heater continuity is a very basic test which don't tell much about tube performance , if these double triodes are fairly rare you might sell for more if tested , also it would give you peace of mind , what types of double triode are we talking about?