PDA

View Full Version : Crap Weather for January.

Pages : [1] 2

struth
01-01-2021, 13:48
A new month and year.. Still white but some went overnight. currently 3c and sunny

Filterlab
01-01-2021, 13:50
Surely that's "normal" weather for January isn't it? :lol:

Pigmy Pony
01-01-2021, 14:44
Exactly the same here. So yes, normal.

Macca
01-01-2021, 14:49
Thought I'd put the thermometer in the kitchen just to see what the deal was - it's 7c in there.

struth
01-01-2021, 14:51
22c in my downstairs.. snug i call it:eyebrows:

Pigmy Pony
01-01-2021, 14:56
Thought I'd put the thermometer in the kitchen just to see what the deal was - it's 7c in there.

Most kitchens don't have space for a radiator (ours doesn't), and if (as is the case with many old terraced houses) the kitchen is in a single storey extension, it's even worse. You'll have to take up baking.

Macca
01-01-2021, 15:36
22c in my downstairs.. snug i call it:eyebrows:

It was rare that it got to 22c in my living room in the summer. Right now it's 17c in here.

hifi_dave
01-01-2021, 15:38
Surely that's "normal" weather for January isn't it? :lol:
If only.

We have the same dark, damp and very cold weather we have had for months. I have never known such a gloomy Autumn and Winter, ever. We had a few hours of Sun on Christmas day and not a trace of it since.

Macca
01-01-2021, 15:38
Most kitchens don't have space for a radiator (ours doesn't), and if (as is the case with many old terraced houses) the kitchen is in a single storey extension, it's even worse. You'll have to take up baking.

It's just an outhouse really. I had it double glazed which helps a bit. There's a fan heater in there which I use if I'm in there a while.

system7
01-01-2021, 18:35
"When the North Wind doth blow,
Soon there will be Snow!"

:scratch:

https://www.ventusky.com

Only another 6 weeks before the crocuses. After that, there is hope.

"If this be Winter, can Spring be far behind?"

I think the Bard of Stratford said that.

:lol:

Pigmy Pony
01-01-2021, 18:46
It's just an outhouse really. I had it double glazed which helps a bit. There's a fan heater in there which I use if I'm in there a while.

It's often the roof insulation (or lack of) that's the problem. If ceiling height allows, putting in a false ceiling with plenty of insulation will help a lot. And isn't expensive to do.

Marco
01-01-2021, 20:43

Depends on the layout. Our kitchen certainly isn't big, but we have a full-sized radiator on one of the walls. Don't think it's ever been switched on, though... When the wood burner next door is roaring away, the heat filters through into the kitchen, and then when the oven's on, well... You could grow tomatoes in there!:D

With no heating on whatsoever in the kitchen (and those 'draughty old windows', lol) it's currently 17C, and like Grant's gaff, 22C in the lounge, and that's only with about two small logs and three bits of coal burning...

Marty, you need to invest in some proper heating! No wonder you're not roasting during the summer months, despite you being nearer the hills, as your house is naturally like a bloody fridge!:ner:;)

Marco.

Macca
01-01-2021, 21:00
It is, on a hot summers day coming inside to my living room you would think you were entering an air-conditioned room.

It's because the house is in the centre of a very long unbroken row of terraces and the street is angled in such a way that they get minimal direct sunlight on the front or back.

The whole place needs a complete re-build but it's just too much upheaval. Maybe when I retire.

Marco
01-01-2021, 21:30
Lol - we've been here before, dude. If it had been me, I'd have done that as *priority numero uno*, as soon as I moved in, bugger the upheaval - WAY before buying any TVs or hi-fi!;)

Warm and cosy, fully-kitted out/nicely decorated house first, 'toys' second... But I know we have diametrically opposed mindsets in that respect:D

Marco.

Macca
01-01-2021, 21:54
Lol - we've been here before, dude. If it had been me, I'd have done that as *priority numero uno*, as soon as I moved in, bugger the upheaval - WAY before buying any TVs or hi-fi!;)

Warm and cosy, fully-kitted out/nicely decorated house first, 'toys' second... But I know we have diametrically opposed mindsets in that respect:D

Marco.

didn't have the money then or I would have. I couldn't even afford furniture.

Marco
01-01-2021, 21:58
Yeah I know, but how much have you spent on TVs and hi-fi since? And which could've been ploughed into sorting out your gaff...;) Me? I wouldn't have spent a penny on either until I'd got the house right, as I consider them as luxury items, not necessities.

As I said mate, different priorities, different mindsets - boring world if we were all the same...:)

Marco,

Macca
01-01-2021, 22:54
Yeah I know, but how much have you spent on TVs and hi-fi since? And which could've been ploughed into sorting out your gaff...;) Me? I wouldn't have spent a penny on either until I'd got the house right, as I consider them as luxury items, not necessities.

As I said mate, different priorities, different mindsets - boring world if we were all the same...:)

Marco,

3 TVs in 22 years and one of them was second hand. A telly is a couple of hundred, modernising a house is ten grand. Even if I'd gone without a TV I still didn't have the money to do the house up. It's not an either/or choice. If I'd had the money I just would have bought a fully modernised house to begin with.

Anyway as if I'm going to go without a TV and a stereo. They're not 'toys' they're essentials.

Marco
01-01-2021, 23:14
3 TVs in 22 years and one of them was second hand. A telly is a couple of hundred, modernising a house is ten grand.

Yesh, but how much *in total* on hi-fi have you spent since you moved in? Won't be that far off at least half of that, I bet, probably more...

One system and one pair of speakers would've sufficed, and you could've spent the rest on doing up yer gaff - plus how much would all the kit you've got that's 'surplus to requirements', and if the broken items were fixed, be worth, and which could also be ploughed into said project?:ner::ner:

;)

Marco [doesn't get why folks turns their homes into 'hi-fi paraphernalia centres'].

Audio Al
02-01-2021, 02:44
Looks bad outside , Cold and rain :(

Roy S
02-01-2021, 03:02
I'll stay in then

walpurgis
02-01-2021, 07:43
Gloom! That's about it.

Pigmy Pony
02-01-2021, 08:05
No gloom here, plenty of clear sky. Very frosty though, and still got snow on car roof from 2 days ago. I'll give it half an hour, then it'll be light enough to check my ice-ometer.

Audio Al
02-01-2021, 08:56
No Gloom here as I have not seen Marco yet :ner:

Marco
02-01-2021, 09:47
Morning:wave:

Just up!:D

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 10:18
Me too just had a solid 11 hours kip, as you do. We had more snow overnight and yes, it's brass monkees.

Macca
02-01-2021, 10:21
Marco [doesn't get why folks turns their homes into 'hi-fi paraphernalia centres'].

Coz you're an audiophile not an enthusiast, that's why. :ner:

Marco
02-01-2021, 10:25
Me too just had a solid 11 hours kip, as you do. We had more snow overnight and yes, it's brass monkees.

Lol - quality (on all accounts):respect:

Marco.

Marco
02-01-2021, 10:28
Coz you're an audiophile not an enthusiast, that's why. :ner:

Lol - you don't seriously mean that, do you, given the type of system I've got and my approach to audio?:eek:

What I'm not, is a hoarder or endless box-swapper!:ner::ner:;)

Marco.

Marco
02-01-2021, 10:32
Anyway, more importantly.....

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

:yay::yay::yay:

Del's just ran through to tell me, squealing with delight. Unfortunately though, it's not very heavy....

Marco.

Beobloke
02-01-2021, 10:34

Weirdo... ;)

Marco
02-01-2021, 10:36
Heh-heh... I know, I should seek counselling immediately:D

Marco.

Audio Al
02-01-2021, 10:53
I can't understand people who have loads of hifi either :)

dave2010
02-01-2021, 10:53
... that's only with about two small logs and three bits of coal burning...

You don't mix coal and logs in the burner do you? We used to do that in fires and burners, but apparently it's not recommended at all. Seems you're supposed to have either all logs, or all smokeless fuel in any one burn session.

However I don't expect there'll be an immediate catastrophe if you ignore this rule.

Marco
02-01-2021, 10:59
It's a multi-fuel burner, Dave, so is built for it, and we've been using it that way successfully for three years:)

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 11:08
Lol - you don't seriously mean that, do you, given the type of system I've got and my approach to audio?:eek:

What I'm not, is a hoarder or endless box-swapper!:ner::ner:;)

Marco.

Yes I seriously mean it. You just pursue sound quality, you're not into the equipment. An enthusiast will buy equipment just out of interest even if he knows that it won't be better than what he already has. That's the difference between the audiophile and the enthusiast.

Marco
02-01-2021, 11:20
No sorry, that's complete bollox:D

I'm primarily a MUSIC LOVER, who also loves good sound, and which is why I've built a system that makes the music I enjoy sound as good as possible. If I wasn't a hi-fi enthusiast I wouldn't have gone to such inordinate lengths to get my system to perform the way it does (dedicated mains, earth rods, numerous amounts of equipment supports), you name it - WAY more than you have!:ner:

So given the type of car I drive, am I also not a car enthusiast, simply because I've stuck with the same one for the last 3 years and not changed it umpteen times, despite spending THOUSANDS on tuning the engine. expensive wheels and tyres, stainless steel exhausts and all sorts? Or am I not a car audio enthusiast because I've kept the same sound system in the car too, without changing it?

Lol, talk sense....:eyebrows: Would you consider yourself to be a serious music lover or music enthusiast, or primarily an equipment geek? Because you don't seem to collect or hoard much music...;)

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 11:40
You can't judge whether someone is a music lover or not just based on the amount of albums they own. And these days with the streaming services everyone has access to millions of albums anyway.

I don't use vinyl or valves so no need to worry about equipment supports, as for the mains treatments you know what I think about that and we never going to agree.

I'd say you were a motoring/driving enthusiast not a car enthusiast. To be a car enthusiast you should at least have a half-renovated XJS or summat similar in the garage. And have a daily driver but also a constant procession of second cars bought for no other reason than you fancy a go on them. When you get a Hillman Imp or something just for a laugh, then you're a car enthusiast.

struth
02-01-2021, 11:47
my uncle had an imp.. fun car and went up hills well ;)

Audio Al
02-01-2021, 11:48
No sorry, that's complete bollox:D

I'm primarily a MUSIC LOVER, who also loves good sound, and which is why I've built a system that makes the music I enjoy sound as good as possible. If I wasn't a hi-fi enthusiast I wouldn't have gone to such inordinate lengths to get my system to perform the way it does (dedicated mains, earth rods, numerous amounts of equipment supports), you name it - WAY more than you have!:ner:

So given the type of car I drive, am I also not a car enthusiast, simply because I've stuck with the same one for the last 3 years and not changed it umpteen times, despite spending THOUSANDS on tuning the engine. expensive wheels and tyres, stainless steel exhausts and all sorts? Or am I not a car audio enthusiast because I've kept the same sound system in the car too, without changing it?

Lol, talk sense....:eyebrows: Would you consider yourself to be a serious music lover or music enthusiast, or primarily an equipment geek? Because you don't seem to collect or hoard much music...;)

Marco.

Can we have a new emoji " A Trumpet " PLEEEEEEse , For Marco to blow :lol::D:ner:

Marco
02-01-2021, 11:53
You can't judge whether someone is a music lover or not just based on the amount of albums they own.

Indeed, nor can you judge whether someone is a hi-fi enthusiast or not, simply based on the amount of kit they own!:ner:

THAT is my point... And besides that, the fact is I'm NOT a hoarder/swapper by nature, with *anything*.

Instead, I'm the type who likes to live with and keep stuff I like without feeling the need to change it [and crucially get the absolute most out of it, which is why I tweak and customise stuff], so our respective behaviour in that area is simply due to us being quite different people, driven by different things, nothing else:)

That's the truth of the matter, and which is also reflected in our respective priorities, in terms of what we consider is most important to have in our homes.

The other important thing is that I don't suffer from an obsessive/compulsive personality, which is why I'm able to enjoy my hobbies, and actively participate in them, without becoming obsessed or allowing them to dominate or take over my life...

Remember mate, no extremes here, just healthy happy mediums;)

Marco.

Filterlab
02-01-2021, 11:56
my uncle had an imp.. fun car and went up hills well ;)

Not with four people, luggage and a trailer they didn’t. :lol:

My dad had one and it was pathetic. :D Many trips we had to get out and walk up the hills whilst dad drove to the top and met us there.

I’m glad the British car industry collapsed in on itself in the 70s, the garbage they put out meant they got everything they deserved, and allowed manufacturers who could build them properly to take up the reins. :lol:

Macca
02-01-2021, 12:02

My dad had one and it was pathetic. :D Many trips we had to get out and walk up the hills whilst dad drove to the top and met us there.

I’m glad the British car industry collapsed in on itself in the 70s, the garbage they put out meant they got everything they deserved, and allowed manufacturers who could build them properly to take up the reins. :lol:

Sounds like he should have bought an Austin Maxi 1750 then. Good job he didn't go for a Ferrari F40 as two of you would have been walking all the way.

Nowt wrong with the Imp a few mods can't fix.

struth
02-01-2021, 12:09

only had 50hp so not surprising.

struth
02-01-2021, 12:11
its fairly cold here but blue sky. lucky if it gets above 0 today. car is still an igloo with no opening

Filterlab
02-01-2021, 12:15
Sounds like he should have bought an Austin Maxi 1750 then. Good job he didn't go for a Ferrari F40 as two of you would have been walking all the way.

Nowt wrong with the Imp a few mods can't fix.

Was the Imp and the F40 in the same class? :lol:

Macca
02-01-2021, 12:33
Was the Imp and the F40 in the same class? :lol:

lol, I think the Imp won some rallies and touring car championships though. Except for reliability they were good. Actually you could say the same about Ferraris.

Filterlab
02-01-2021, 12:36
Indeed. :lol:

guy
02-01-2021, 13:05
..........Many trips we had to get out and walk up the hills whilst dad drove to the top and met us there.

.......... :lol:

I love the mental image of that - happy holiday memories of trips to the lake district :lol:

guy
02-01-2021, 13:07
Chilly and grey - still no sign of snow/"interesting" weather.
To be honest, I would welcome thunder and lightening/ hail/ snow - just something to watch.

Macca
02-01-2021, 13:15
Heavy snow forecast for 1700 today. Same for Wrexham too.

they are giving it an 80% chance, usually they don't go above 50% for snow. Highest temp for today - 1c

Marco
02-01-2021, 13:59
Heavy snow forecast for 1700 today. Same for Wrexham too.

they are giving it an 80% chance, usually they don't go above 50% for snow.

Do you want to take the responsibility of promising that to Del?:eek::uhho::D

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 14:09
Do you want to take the responsibility of promising that to Del?:eek::uhho::D

Marco.

hey talk to the Met Office if it doesn't happen mate. I'm just the messenger.

Marco
02-01-2021, 14:10
Chilly and grey - still no sign of snow/"interesting" weather.
To be honest, I would welcome thunder and lightening/ hail/ snow - just something to watch.

Call me perverse or twisted, but I love watching on the news (or even listening to reports on the radio) pics of huge motorway traffic jams, during rush hour, caused by heavy snow, from the comfort of my armchair indoors in front of a roaring log fire...

Gives me a nice warm feeling and a sense of satisfaction that I no longer have to deal with that pish:D

Marco.

Filterlab
02-01-2021, 14:10
I love the mental image of that - happy holiday memories of trips to the lake district :lol:

IoW for us, my parents we're obsessed with the place. In fairness it was nice, until most of it washed into the sea.

Marco
02-01-2021, 14:13
hey talk to the Met Office if it doesn't happen mate. I'm just the messenger.

Lol... She probably would anorl, if she thought it would work!

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 14:17
Call me perverse or twisted, but I love watching on the news (or even listening to reports on the radio) pics of huge motorway traffic jams, during rush hour, caused by heavy snow, from the comfort of my armchair indoors in front of a roaring log fire...

Gives me a nice warm feeling and a sense of satisfaction that I no longer have to deal with that pish:D

Marco.

I can do the same this year. Usually this sort of weather makes getting to and from work a nightmare. Over an hour to get home when it's like this, guaranteed.

Marco
02-01-2021, 14:21
Nice one, enjoy!:)

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 15:21
Snow just started up here 1520.

Pigmy Pony
02-01-2021, 15:31

Marco.

Call me perverse or twisted, but I love watching on the news (or even listening to reports on the radio while out on the road) pics of huge trees falling on to houses where the occupants thought their roaring log fire and comfortable arm chair would keep them cosy and safe :ner:

I do however feel for those poor souls who suffer a home invasion, where they are the only ones without a gun :(

But the chances are very remote so please, don't have nightmares :) Hmm, seems to have gone a bit dark round here, sorry about that.

Marco
02-01-2021, 15:31
Snow just started up here 1520.

Same here and this time it looks PROPA!!:D

:yay::yay::yay:

Marco.

Marco
02-01-2021, 15:35
Call me perverse or twisted, but I love watching on the news (or even listening to reports on the radio while out on the road) pics of huge trees falling on to houses where the occupants thought their roaring log fire and comfortable arm chair would keep them cosy and safe :ner:

I do however feel for those poor souls who suffer a home invasion, where they are the only ones without a gun :(

But the chances are very remote so please, don't have nightmares :) Hmm, seems to have gone a bit dark round here, sorry about that.

:lolsign:

Marco.

Macca
02-01-2021, 15:37

struth
02-01-2021, 15:51
still very icy here.. never got above 0, and is falling rapidly as night creeps in. son in law gave gar a bit of a scrape to get worst of snow off.. gives it a chance to de ice if it gets warmer

Beobloke
02-01-2021, 17:17
Frankly I’d love some snow, but it’s still fairly rare this far down south. However, if we do get some, I can absolutely guarantee that it’ll be it’ll be in the next few days.

How do I know this? Simple - my Range Rover is currently ‘out of commission’ so Sod’s law is bound to strike.

Marco
02-01-2021, 17:20
Frankly I’d love some snow, but it’s still fairly rare this far down south. However, if we do get some, I can absolutely guarantee that it’ll be it’ll be in the next few days.

Aye, to be sure to be sure....

Confucius say: he who stutters on a Saturday, shall get snow on a Sunday!:D

Marco.

struth
05-01-2021, 09:48
tis snowing again:eyebrows:

Marco
05-01-2021, 09:54
Wow, don't tell Del!:eek:

Marco.

struth
05-01-2021, 09:58
Wow, don't tell Del!:eek:

Marco.

its stopped again..:lol: still my grass etc has been white for days

Marco
05-01-2021, 10:09
Lol... She got all excited when it snowed for 5 mins the other day, but then it came to nothing, and she's not been happy since!

Marco.

Marco
05-01-2021, 11:17
She's making herself a pompom tiara to cheer herself up, lol.

Marco.

guy
05-01-2021, 13:52
wet wet wet wet wet - oh, and grey

Marco
05-01-2021, 13:57
Totally different here... Dry, dry, dry and bright/sunny!

Marco.

guy
05-01-2021, 15:38
very pleased for you :upyours::upyours: :)

Marco
05-01-2021, 15:43
Lol - don't be. Both of us WANT snow!!!:wah:

Marco.

rmcin626
05-01-2021, 15:55
Been dry most of the day , about 3c

hifi_dave
05-01-2021, 15:58
So dark, we have had the lights on most of the day and cold, cold and damp.

Macca
06-01-2021, 12:39
Sunny but bitterly cold here. Gets worse tomorrow too. Warms up a lot on Sunday, up to 7 degrees, that's going to feel like the Bahamas by comparison.

No forecast of any more snow although we did have a very light 'dusting' overnight that wasn't predicted so you never know.

rmcin626
06-01-2021, 12:49
Dry and frosty -1c

Macca
07-01-2021, 08:02
Supposed to be foggy but it isn't, temp is minus 4c

walpurgis
07-01-2021, 08:32
I've not checked the temperature, but it's obviously risen as the frost has disappeared leaving just gloom.

Beobloke
07-01-2021, 08:41
-2 degrees and a very, very light dusting of snow down here this morning.

struth
07-01-2021, 08:54
more snow overnight. 0c, maybe more to come by looks of it too. to be cold today and especially tomorrow

Marco
07-01-2021, 10:06
Did you get delivery of your 100-denier opaque tights [XL] from Sainsbury's? Should keep you toasty!:D

Marco.

dave2010
07-01-2021, 10:07
Snow covered mountains just emerging from behind clouds, but no snow down at our ground level (close to sea level maybe 30 metres).

struth
07-01-2021, 10:07
nope, they were out of stock.. apparently some fat bassa from Wrexham got em:eyebrows:

Marco
07-01-2021, 10:10
Oh, soweee:o

Del's got hers on today, but they're, erm, 'not XL':eyebrows:

Marco.

rmcin626
07-01-2021, 12:17
Dry so far today , not as cold 2c

Macca
07-01-2021, 13:33
Forecast here is for snow all day tomorrow. Snow for Wrexham too...

Marco
07-01-2021, 13:50
Lol... Thing is, 'snow' came the last time, but amounted to hee-haw! We're looking for *sustained heavy snow*, which lies and gets to be about 3ft deep!!:exactly:

Subsequently creating a beautiful 'white winter wonderland', for us to look out at, as we snuggle up in front of the log fire. It's a cosy and comforting feeling. So, if that happens, the champagne will be out and wee Del will go MENTAL, otherwise...;)

Marco.

hifi_dave
07-01-2021, 15:09
Despite the weather forecasts predicting a cloudy, very cold day with wintry showers, it has been lovely and sunny since 1100 this morning. Very welcome.

walpurgis
07-01-2021, 15:48
Well it may have turned into a periodically sunny day, but the temperature has not risen above 2C. Far too nippy for me to do anything outside apart from a couple of quick walks with the mutt.

walpurgis
07-01-2021, 17:31
Bang on 0C now. A cold night ahead.

Macca
07-01-2021, 19:08
Was snowing but it just stopped. Not much came down but it stuck.

Marco
07-01-2021, 19:48
Well, I've told Del that uncle Martin promised there'd be snow here at 3am, so she'll be *expecting* to wake up tomorrow to a lovely white landscape:ner::D

Let's hope it happens then, as hell hath no fury like a disappointed princess!!:eek:;)

Marco.

Filterlab
07-01-2021, 19:58
Despite the weather forecasts predicting a cloudy, very cold day with wintry showers, it has been lovely and sunny since 1100 this morning. Very welcome.

Predicted for here today was five hours’ of snow. What actually fell was five flakes of snow. :lol:

2° and sunny almost all day.

Audio Al
08-01-2021, 05:05
Looks like i may avoid the rain today , 2 degrees and a slight breeze , May wash the tractor ( Car ) that looks like it's been used for ploughing a field , Poor car , That's a result of using the A13 and M25

Pigmy Pony
08-01-2021, 07:17
Snowing here, has been for a couple of hours. Everything white again. If I can just get onto the main road without crashing I should be ok.

Marco
08-01-2021, 07:20
Be careful out there, dude. If your safety is in any doubt, stay at home!

All we have here is a very light dusting and a few flakes, but we'll see how things progress throughout the day:)

Marco.

Macca
08-01-2021, 07:46
Was supposed to snow all night here, we only got about 30 minutes worth

Marco
08-01-2021, 08:01
Snowing a bit heavier now, so with any luck we'll soon be surrounded in a beautiful white wonderland!:carrot::yay:

It'll be a nice surprise for Del waking up in about an hour:)

Marco.

Filterlab
08-01-2021, 08:06
Ahhh, yes. The Beast Of The East II has plunged* us into arctic conditions causing widespread chaos, -15ºC temperatures and ice-age like challenges, as promised by the weather forecasters and newspapers of course.

*Plunged being the newspapers' favourite word at the moment

Oh, hang on a sec...
https://i.ibb.co/6JQSJ60/IMG-1720.jpg (https://ibb.co/cXq9Xzh)

Brrrrr, arctic.

walpurgis
08-01-2021, 08:53
Well it has snowed overnight, as there's a light dusting on the deck, but it wasn't much. Around 3C at the moment and gloomy again.

Audio Al
08-01-2021, 10:36
Car wash attenpt aborted as it's now snowing :( sorry car.

system7
08-01-2021, 11:17
Even the Costa del Pompey is feeling the blast today. Air 2.2C.

Everybody staying inside.

https://www.bramblemet.co.uk

Don't fancy a swim either. Sea 8.9C. :eek:

Cyclone off Ireland.

Bit of a muddle in the North Sea.

Pigmy Pony
08-01-2021, 17:38
Be careful out there, dude. If your safety is in any doubt, stay at home!

All we have here is a very light dusting and a few flakes, but we'll see how things progress throughout the day:)

Marco.

A customer was telling me today that her daughter lives on the edge of Snowdonia National Park somewhere, and today they've had some proper snowfall. Her husband has already slid the car into a wall. Snow and hills are not a good combination. I managed not to bin the van this morning, thank you gritters :)

walpurgis
09-01-2021, 07:35
1C and gloomy again. Make the most of it folks, everybody will start moaning about the heat before long! :D

rmcin626
09-01-2021, 09:16
Frosty this morning again and -2c

Marco
09-01-2021, 09:26
A customer was telling me today that her daughter lives on the edge of Snowdonia National Park somewhere, and today they've had some proper snowfall. Her husband has already slid the car into a wall. Snow and hills are not a good combination. I managed not to bin the van this morning, thank you gritters :)

Yeah, they've had some proper snow up there - much higher up, of course. We had a couple of flurries yesterday, but didn't amount to much. Very hard frost this morning though, and pretty cold, but bright and sunny. Quite enjoy these 'fresh and crisp' sunny mornings - reminds me of winter holidays in Austria, without the snow!

Marco.

Filterlab
09-01-2021, 09:54
Fresh, crisp and sunny this morning. -2°. Proper January weather.

Macca
09-01-2021, 10:08
Baltic here, 0c - warms up to 4c tomorrow, surprising what a difference those few degrees makes.

guy
09-01-2021, 10:29
Fresh, crisp and sunny this morning. -2°. Proper January weather.

Same here - thank goodness for a change from grey :)

Filterlab
09-01-2021, 14:11
Indeed. The cold I don’t mind at all, the grey nothingness does my bonce in. :(

struth
09-01-2021, 14:21
above freezing now so snow is starting to melt... to stay above overnight i think. might get car going tomorrow.

i see madrid ground to a halt after they got some snow... guess they aint used to it.

hifi_dave
09-01-2021, 15:37
That's what we have had all day - thick, freezing fog. Yeuk.

Marco
09-01-2021, 15:56

Same here, mate. I call it 'nothing weather'. As in there's nothing remotely positive or interesting about it... However, fog I do like! It can be very moody and atmospheric, especially in the right places, and if like me you have a rather sinister and twisted mind:eyebrows:

Marco.

dave2010
09-01-2021, 17:19
However, fog I do like! It can be very moody and atmospheric, especially in the right places, and if like me you have a rather sinister and twisted mind:eyebrows:
So we should avoid dark alleys and woods in the Wrexham area then ....!!!!

Marco
09-01-2021, 17:26
Be afraid, be VERY afraid....:eyebrows:

Marco.

struth
09-01-2021, 17:26
So we should avoid dark alleys and woods in the Wrexham area then ....!!!!

well if you see a north of 6ft-er wandering toward you in white sloggies and a hardon in one hand and a meat cleaver in t'other, i'd say its time to run for the hills mate:D

Marco
09-01-2021, 17:27

Could easily be you without the hard on!:lol::eyebrows:;)

Marco.

dave2010
09-01-2021, 17:29
Be afraid, be VERY afraid....:eyebrows:
I'm quaking in my boots!

struth
09-01-2021, 17:29

Could easily be you without the hard on!:lol::eyebrows:;)

Marco.

i need both hands for me cleaver mate;)

walpurgis
09-01-2021, 17:31
I tend to favour an axe. :D

Marco
09-01-2021, 17:40
i need both hands for me cleaver mate;)

Ah, is that what you call it?:D

And besides, what makes you think I'd be able to escape alive with Del's fav white Sloggies?:lol:

Marco.

struth
09-01-2021, 17:47
https://media2.giphy.com/media/l3nWoT7Y5HYufZZu0/source.gif

Marco
09-01-2021, 17:52
HAHAHAHA... And that's what would happen, I'm telling you, if she caught me!!!:eek::eek:

Marco.

walpurgis
09-01-2021, 21:27
0C with freezing mist at the moment. If anything, it feels even colder.

Marco
09-01-2021, 21:34
Baltic, innit mate? We've got the fire roaring away, and later when we go to bed, it'll be a hot-water bottle each and wooly socks on!:D

Marco.

struth
10-01-2021, 12:24
about 4/5c today. snow has had a fright but it feels colder.

struth
10-01-2021, 13:53
still about 5c. gave car a run there.. keep it ticking for a week maybe. in case i need it, as i cant really go anywhere without it and the scooter within and the battery needs to be worky to get that out.. sure its legal, maybe a grey area tho.:eyebrows:

Macca
10-01-2021, 14:02
4c so not as bad as it has been here, we had a couple of days where it didn't get above zero. Dull though, no sunshine.

Next week it is mostly raining.

Pigmy Pony
10-01-2021, 15:07
A bit milder here too, but damp and drizzly.

Macca
10-01-2021, 15:58
Just been down the shop, still a bit nippy out there.

struth
11-01-2021, 11:53
about 8c out and wet n windy.. miserable but no snow at least, although met office says 8c means ice:doh::lol: obviouly an error

rmcin626
11-01-2021, 12:07
Wet and windy so far 9c

hifi_dave
11-01-2021, 16:31
A bit warmer - at least no freezing fog but dark and getting windy.

kirstysdad
11-01-2021, 16:45
Dreich.

walpurgis
12-01-2021, 08:02
We must have had a lot of rain overnight as there's a bit of flooding around. It's a lot milder though, but gloomy.

Macca
12-01-2021, 08:42
Same here, rained all night but quite mild temp-wise

struth
12-01-2021, 09:12
heavy frost today. -3c

rmcin626
12-01-2021, 09:35
Frosty start today , around -1c

hifi_dave
12-01-2021, 17:20
Same ol' dark, damp and cold this morning but this afternoon, the Sun came out for a few hours. I managed a bit of work in the garden and very therapeutic it was too - first time in 7 - 8 weeks. Eventually gave up when I couldn't feel my fingers and toes. Looking forward to the next Sunny day.:carrot:

Pigmy Pony
12-01-2021, 17:46
Much better than yesterday, quite pleasant in the sun. Bit chilly when sun went down.

walpurgis
13-01-2021, 11:10
5C with drizzly gloom. Never mind, Spring isn't too far off

struth
13-01-2021, 11:18
about 0c here and thinking about sprinkles

rmcin626
13-01-2021, 11:48
Rain and more rain about 1c

Macca
13-01-2021, 13:06
Raining, 5c, rising to the dizzy heights of 8c later.

hifi_dave
13-01-2021, 16:43
High of 5c today and the usual thick black cloud and drizzle.

Weather forecasts for the next 2 weeks show basically the same every day, with a slight (2c) rise in temperature, next week. How long will this awful gloom go on ?

Macca
13-01-2021, 19:10
based on previous years it could be all over by the end of February or drag on until mid-June.

Rain here, that fine stuff that soaks you through. Forecast to continue until tomorrow night.

Marco
13-01-2021, 19:15
High of 5c today and the usual thick black cloud and drizzle.

Weather forecasts for the next 2 weeks show basically the same every day, with a slight (2c) rise in temperature, next week. How long will this awful gloom go on ?

Do you suffer from S.A.D, Dave? Just that you seem to be obsessed with sunshine!:D

I don't give the "gloom" a second's thought... Oh, and btw, it was bright and sunny for most of the day here in Wrexham:eyebrows:;)

Marco.

Macca
13-01-2021, 19:42
Rained all day here, it was misty, too.

We're nearly half-way through January now, only 6 weeks or so to Spring.

Marco
13-01-2021, 19:54
Lol - I'm in no hurry for spring; it'll come when it comes... Don't like wishing my life away, mate.

Live for the moment, and enjoy every day as it comes, is my motto:)

Marco.

Pigmy Pony
13-01-2021, 23:30
Lol - I'm in no hurry for spring; it'll come when it comes... Don't like wishing my life away, mate.

Live for the moment, and enjoy every day as it comes, is my motto:)

Marco.

Works for my cat, she seems happy enough :)

Marco
13-01-2021, 23:34
Lol - it should work for everyone here... If you want constant sunshine, move to California!:ner:;)

Marco.

Audio Al
14-01-2021, 06:01
:rolleyes: It's been raining for 24 hours now and still is , DOH ! :doh:

struth
14-01-2021, 06:57
Snow here. Typical as we just got rid of last lot. Lucky white heather

walpurgis
14-01-2021, 07:39
7C, very gloomy and pouring with rain. Nothing out of the ordinary then. :rolleyes:

Macca
14-01-2021, 08:30
Lol - it should work for everyone here... If you want constant sunshine, move to California!:ner:;)

Marco.

I would if I could, can you get me a green card?

struth
14-01-2021, 08:49
still snowing here but lightly at moment..

rmcin626
14-01-2021, 09:30
Everything is white this morning

Pigmy Pony
14-01-2021, 17:54

Marco.

I don't want constant sunshine, and I don't want this crap weather either. Winter's ok I guess, if you weren't doing anything anyway.

Macca
14-01-2021, 18:22
I don't want constant sunshine, and I don't want this crap weather either. Winter's ok I guess, if you weren't doing anything anyway.

California's always warm, you can get char-grilled meat any time of the day or night and there's a decent beach too.

If it hadn't been for the French we could have all moved there.

guy
14-01-2021, 18:24
I don't want constant sunshine either; variety would be nice though, rather than all this rain.

Gimme some snow :wah:

Pigmy Pony
14-01-2021, 18:42
California's always warm, you can get char-grilled meat any time of the day or night and there's a decent beach too.

If it hadn't been for the French we could have all moved there.

Why, what have the cheese-eating surrender monkeys (not my words) done now?

It probably won't surprise you when I say I'd prefer Hawaii :)

Macca
14-01-2021, 18:48
Why, what have the cheese-eating surrender monkeys (not my words) done now?

It probably won't surprise you when I say I'd prefer Hawaii :)

We'd still have America as a colony if it wasn't for the frenchies. Probably.

Never been Hawaii but agree it does look quite good on the telly. I know it's really expensive to live there though, that's why Magnum's always skint. And he doesn't even pay rent.

Pigmy Pony
14-01-2021, 19:31
Tbh if someone said "You can't move out to Hawaii, so your choices are either live in California or stay here and wait for the rain to get warmer", it would be a no brainer :)

Marco
14-01-2021, 23:50
Neither are my type of places.

Marco.

Marco
14-01-2021, 23:55

<YAWN> and no doubt there are also casinos?;)

Austria or Switzerland, plus Finland would be high up on places I'd love to live [aside from the obvious, for me, of France or Italy]. Or if going further afield, New Zealand!

You can keep yer beaches. Give me mountains instead, well away from the plastic Botox Brigade!:ner:

Marco.

Pigmy Pony
15-01-2021, 16:40

Austria or Switzerland, plus Finland would be high up on places I'd love to live [aside from the obvious, for me, of France or Italy]. Or if going further afield, New Zealand!

You can keep yer beaches. Give me mountains instead, well away from the plastic Botox Brigade!:ner:

Marco.

I'm trying to imagine what yodelling with a Scots accent would sound like. But I can imagine a bunch of nuns singing How do you solve a problem like Marco.

struth
15-01-2021, 16:44
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts run a three-year bachelor's degree and a two-year master's in yodelling.(alas not the parcel handeling kind)

Macca
15-01-2021, 17:00

Marco.

Not many casinos but there are some. They have mountains too. I mean it's America, they've got everything there anyone could possibly want.

Pigmy Pony
15-01-2021, 17:00
Neither are my type of places.

Marco.

Both Hawaii and California have mountains. And California has Nappa Valley, a wino's paradise I'm told. You'd love it :ner: In fact if you opened your mind to its diversity, you'd see there's a lot more to it than the 'Botox Brigade'. I mean would you say that seeing Wrexham town centre on a Saturday night would be a good reason to write Wales off :)

Filterlab
15-01-2021, 17:41
We’ve gone from a Yellow snow alert to Amber snow alert here for tomorrow.

So we’ve gone from ‘no urinating outside’ to ‘no urinating outside after drinking beer’.

Nice.

Barry
15-01-2021, 17:57
I don't think I've ever seen "amber snow". :scratch:

Filterlab
15-01-2021, 18:07
You haven’t been with me on a winter stroll home from the pub mate.

system7
15-01-2021, 18:47
Quite a nice day today. Lots of sunshine. I do feel the days are getting longer.

And it's true. Sunset now at 4.30 PM.

Tomorrow is a stinker though. Rain. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/po5

Barry
15-01-2021, 21:11
You haven’t been with me on a winter stroll home from the pub mate.

How high up a snow drift can you 'write' your name? ;)

Filterlab
15-01-2021, 21:15
How high up a snow drift can you 'write' your name? ;)

Quite a way. :D

https://i.ibb.co/rbtypVg/1-C0678-E8-F95-D-4-D5-E-AC25-8014-D9-EF4551.jpg (https://ibb.co/RhSH6q1)

Barry
15-01-2021, 21:17
:)

Pigmy Pony
16-01-2021, 07:12
Quite a way. :D

https://i.ibb.co/rbtypVg/1-C0678-E8-F95-D-4-D5-E-AC25-8014-D9-EF4551.jpg (https://ibb.co/RhSH6q1)

:lol::lol: Love it! I bet your dumps could cause an avalanche

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 07:22
That’s what’s covered in snow in the picture. :D

Pigmy Pony
16-01-2021, 07:30
That’s what’s covered in snow in the picture. :D

:rfl: Off to work now, that'll keep me smiling all the way there :)

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 07:36

struth
16-01-2021, 08:59
5c and overcast

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 09:04
1° and horizontal snow this morning.

https://i.ibb.co/ySspGjf/18-A39-B18-D096-46-D6-9-D53-A725668613-F4.jpg (https://ibb.co/HdgC18F)

Macca
16-01-2021, 09:55
4c, weak sunshine.

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 10:01
Still snowing like a good ‘un here, but melting as quick as it’s settling.

https://i.ibb.co/vwwZFnR/1-B7-D55-D6-17-C7-4-A13-8-BB5-B200-AEC79-EA9.jpg (https://ibb.co/6nngMCL)

https://i.ibb.co/nkNYdPt/F907-A2-BE-57-DF-456-D-9-B10-90-A6-C195-A5-F4.jpg (https://ibb.co/GP48YHN)

guy
16-01-2021, 10:20
Snow :yay:

Alex_UK
16-01-2021, 10:33
We have snow finally! Looks like I’ll be using the Land Rover if I go any where today!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210116/d079c3578f492ab0ba86a7630c6421e1.jpg

Macca
16-01-2021, 10:34
That's deffo reached official 'Winter Wonderland' status.

Marco
16-01-2021, 10:46
Beautiful, Alex... That's what Del's *desperate* for here!! Sadly, it's like a summer's day here in Wrexham, only much colder...:(

I won't show her you're pic, as it'll only provoke a strop;)

Marco.

guy
16-01-2021, 10:49
Melting :wah:

Alex_UK
16-01-2021, 11:01
Turning to drizzle now, so don't expect it will be long before it's melting here too. :( Oh well, looks nice for the moment!

hifi_dave
16-01-2021, 11:18
Despite the 'amber warning' for our area, last night, we had a light dusting of snow, now being washed away by rain.

Of course, the ever present dark and gloom is still here. I can't remember what Sun looked like or what it felt like on my skin..:(

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 11:18
Still snow in Norfolk'n'good. Backing off a touch though.

guy
16-01-2021, 11:59
Snow to slush in an hour, very disappointing

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 12:05
Couple of inches of snow on the road outside (a close), not melting yet but now not snowing.

https://i.ibb.co/d2czLPw/IMG-1777.jpg (https://ibb.co/1qnwdrt)

hifi_dave
16-01-2021, 14:38
That's about what we had but now, thankfully, gone.

struth
16-01-2021, 14:58
up to 8c here, but heavy cloud and windy

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 15:32
Mini snowman. :lol:

https://i.ibb.co/MZnczCM/8017-E3-EB-1472-458-C-B9-FA-9-F8-EE94-AD0-DD.jpg (https://ibb.co/Fm65QDg)

guy
16-01-2021, 15:36
must be small - looks like coffee beans for eyes :)

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 15:39
Acorns. We have a HUGE Oak tree next to the house which deposits umpteen tonnes of leaves and acorns into the garden.

struth
16-01-2021, 15:53
olives maybe... edit... ok acorns. lol i was close :lol:

at least my car got its little run. keep the battery from ceasing up. without car im fooket..

Filterlab
16-01-2021, 18:12
Bill the snowman is sadly sans an eye, his nose and his mouth. The melt has started. :lol:

struth
18-01-2021, 11:13
5c and cloudy.. seen a lot worse..

mad-moon
18-01-2021, 12:58
It's fuckin freezin man Jacky...

Macca
18-01-2021, 13:05
Overcast, 4c. Sun came out for a bit earlier then retreated.

We past the half-way point for January now though. Seems like it has taken forever but Jan always seems to last forever whereas sunny July is over in a flash.

Jan should be 28 days, Feb 30 and move all the 31 day months to the late spring and summer. Nothing's ever properly thought through is it?

Macca
18-01-2021, 13:07
And move the extra leap-year day to July or August instead of tacking it on to the second-worst month of the year. Really not hard.

struth
18-01-2021, 13:20
feb used to be at end of year but was moved; i think by julius caesar. it was all to do with moon cycles and roman leaders

Macca
18-01-2021, 13:38
Bloody Romans might know it was them to blame.

Didn't they only have ten months back then though? Hence October was the eighth month i,e 'Oct' and December the tenth ('Dec').

struth
18-01-2021, 13:43
Bloody Romans might know it was them to blame.

Didn't they only have ten months back then though? Hence October was the eighth month i,e 'Oct' and December the tenth ('Dec').

yeah, 10 months i think is right. they had an extra 60 days to do summat with so added a couple of months.. jan was put at front and feb(which had 29 and 30 days) at back of year.

struth
20-01-2021, 12:54
snow this morning again. judging by the temps for next week its not going far either, and maybe more to come

rmcin626
20-01-2021, 13:21
Dry so far today , 2c

struth
20-01-2021, 14:10
a little melt on.. snow was very wet/ heavy stuff(Scottish standard snow):eyebrows:.. managed to get worst of it off doorstep and car tho. buggered me tho.. still at least it wont freeze like an ice sheet on it.

Macca
20-01-2021, 14:31
So mild here you could sit outside the pub with a pint. If they were open.

hifi_dave
20-01-2021, 15:03
Not too cold at 10c but so dark, drizzle and a strong wind which makes it feel a lot colder than it is. I'd love to go for a walk but it is really unpleasant out there and set to get worse.

guy
20-01-2021, 17:37
So mild here you could sit outside the pub with a pint. If they were open.

Stop it! I hadn't thought of that for a day or two :wah:

Macca
20-01-2021, 17:43
Stop it! I hadn't thought of that for a day or two :wah:

It started hammering down with rain about 10 minutes after I wrote that...

guy
20-01-2021, 17:50
that makes it a little better :lol:

Marco
20-01-2021, 20:48
Anyway.....

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!

:yay::yay::carrot::carrot::yay::yay:

Del's beside herself with excitement, as she's been WANTING this for YONKS!! She's outside videoing it now in her little duffle coat and pink wellies, sharing it with her friends on whats app. Bless:D

Marco.

guy
20-01-2021, 21:32
whoo hooo:dance:

Pigmy Pony
20-01-2021, 21:50
Snow here too. Shit.

Marco
20-01-2021, 22:04
Lol... Del says, BOO, you're no fun!:ner:

All her friends in her whats app group are sharing pics:)

Marco.

Filterlab
20-01-2021, 22:20
It's as though I'm on a different continent. 11ºC and incredibly windy, but nothing like January. Very mild.

Macca
20-01-2021, 22:21
Snow here too despite it being very mild in the afternoon.

Macca
20-01-2021, 22:25
Also had a flood warning phone call 'Take Immediate Action.' It would have to be biblical levels of rainfall for the Trent to overtop round here. Someone should tell the Environment Agency about the boy who cried wolf.

Marco
20-01-2021, 22:45
Del says if you were here she'd give you a snowball fight, but you'd need to promise not to play too rough!:D

Marco.

Filterlab
20-01-2021, 23:04
Also had a flood warning phone call 'Take Immediate Action.'

Perhaps they want you to sit on a throne and stop the water with a staff in your hand.

guy
20-01-2021, 23:17
Perhaps they want you to sit on a throne and stop the water with a staff in your hand.

Doesn't work. Once I sit on the throne, there's no stopping it:whistle:

Mikeandvan
21-01-2021, 00:06
Is it gonna stop raining ever?

Macca
21-01-2021, 07:46
No floods here as predicted but some in Manchester, York and some place called 'Wales' though.

''Regrettably, people who do not live locally are driving to the area to 'see the floods'. Please do not stretch our resources by adding to the problem."

Funny.

Filterlab
21-01-2021, 08:14
Doesn't work. Once I sit on the throne, there's no stopping it:whistle:

rmcin626
21-01-2021, 09:31
A bit of frost this morning but no snow, 3c

struth
21-01-2021, 09:46
about 1c here.. a couple of inches more snow overnight. yuk!

Pigmy Pony
21-01-2021, 18:41
Lol... Del says, BOO, you're no fun!:ner:

All her friends in her whats app group are sharing pics:)

Marco.

So tell me about your "fun". Snowball fights? Sledging? Building a snowman? Or maybe rolling a big snowball round the front lawn to spell out "fuck off" for the benefit of passing helicopters/drones? Pics please! :)

Pigmy Pony
21-01-2021, 18:46
No floods here as predicted but some in Manchester, York and some place called 'Wales' though.

''Regrettably, people who do not live locally are driving to the area to 'see the floods'. Please do not stretch our resources by adding to the problem."

Funny.

So long as everyone has a pee before setting off, it should be ok.

Filterlab
21-01-2021, 19:26

Marco
21-01-2021, 22:21
So tell me about your "fun". Snowball fights? Sledging? Building a snowman? Or maybe rolling a big snowball round the front lawn to spell out "fuck off" for the benefit of passing helicopters/drones? Pics please! :)

Ha - if only there had been enough snow! Sadly, it lasted about as long as one of your erections:D

Marco.

Pigmy Pony
22-01-2021, 06:38
Ha - if only there had been enough snow! Sadly, it lasted about as long as one of your erections:D

Marco.

I can well imagine the look of disappointment on Del's face when it all melted - I've been getting that look off women all my life :(

Marco
22-01-2021, 12:12
Lol, aww... I very much doubt that's true. I've just read your reply to Del and she says you're probably a very nice man:)

But yes, she was sad it had all melted, as she wanted to wake up to a white winter wonderland, so there was a bit of a princess strop, lol. S do you think I should just bite the bullet and get her the snow machine she wants?

I was thinking of maybe doing that for Valentines, and surprising her one morning by getting up before her and covering the whole of the front garden in 'snow' (would need to be a good machine, though), the when she wakes up, tell her to close her eyes, then open the curtains...

Could you imagine her reaction, lol? Might be a nice surprise for her.

Marco.

struth
22-01-2021, 12:25
just put a poster up on window;)

Marco
22-01-2021, 12:28

Would be a damn sight cheaper, lol!

You know what she's like though when she wants something.

Marco.

struth
22-01-2021, 12:30
you do realise if you buy one, it will actually snowfor a week:D

Marco
22-01-2021, 13:49
Ha - would probably tempt fate!

She's worth it though, don't you think - you wouldn't want me to deprive her? Otherwise, you wouldn't be her fav 'uncle Grant' for long:D

Marco.

struth
22-01-2021, 13:53
how long does the snow last? a day? a week?

Marco
22-01-2021, 14:21
Good question, mate, no idea, as I haven't used one. Will need to research it, though. Only problem is if I relent and get her one, from now on she'll WANT 'snow' every Christmas!:doh:

Marco.

hifi_dave
22-01-2021, 15:18
A lovely Sunny day. Pretty nippy out there with frost still in the shaded parts of the garden but nice and bright.

struth
22-01-2021, 16:32
some snow melted. been about 2c at best and mostly sunny.

Pigmy Pony
22-01-2021, 18:35
Lol, aww... I very much doubt that's true. I've just read your reply to Del and she says you're probably a very nice man:)

But yes, she was sad it had all melted, as she wanted to wake up to a white winter wonderland, so there was a bit of a princess strop, lol. S do you think I should just bite the bullet and get her the snow machine she wants?

I was thinking of maybe doing that for Valentines, and surprising her one morning by getting up before her and covering the whole of the front garden in 'snow' (would need to be a good machine, though), the when she wakes up, tell her to close her eyes, then open the curtains...

Could you imagine her reaction, lol? Might be a nice surprise for her.

Marco.

Well, on the one hand, if you wanted to surprise her soon, it would need to be really soon - as temps rise the snow won't last very long.

On the other hand, I'd say the smart money would be buying a snow machine in summer, and air con in winter. Off peak prices, see.

Marco
22-01-2021, 19:50
Well, we've had snow here before in March! But it defo makes sense buying stuff like that off season, a bit like Xmas cards:D

Marco.

Macca
23-01-2021, 09:12
Snowing heavily here.