PDA

View Full Version : Bakeoffs & Gatherings in 2021

Jac Hawk
29-12-2020, 11:15
Well what a crap 2020 it's been for pretty much all the social HiFi events, Kegworth, Cranage and NEBO 11 all didn't happen and then all of the local bakeoffs up and down the country, yep 2020 was shit. So when do we all think normal service will resume so that we can reclaim the social side of this hobby, personally speaking i can't see anything large being organised this side of June but that will of course depend on how many of the population have been inoculated by then, i know the NHS are aiming to have half of the population vaccinated by then.

Firebottle
29-12-2020, 12:56
I think I would agree with you there regarding the timescales.
It has been very depressing that the social side has not been able to be enjoyed, it's one of the enjoyable aspects of sharing a passion with like minded people.

Let's hope we can get back to it soon.

struth
29-12-2020, 13:06
might have to be inoculee's only:ner:

Jac Hawk
29-12-2020, 13:34

From what i've heard, it might be on the cards that foreign travel will only be possible for people that have been inoculated which makes sense and if we adopt that policy in the UK of only letting people in that have had the jab then the risk from reinfection from abroad is greatly reduced

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 13:35
100% This.

Missing our Scottish Mafia get togethers, and there’s a few new AOS folks here now since the last one.

I think I would agree with you there regarding the timescales.
It has been very depressing that the social side has not been able to be enjoyed, it's one of the enjoyable aspects of sharing a passion with like minded people.

Let's hope we can get back to it soon.

Marco
29-12-2020, 14:57

That'll be me out then!;)

But yes, roll on the bakeoffs:)

Marco.

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 16:07
Take a Jag!

know yer Aff it, but do it.

That'll be me out then!;)

But yes, roll on the bakeoffs:)

Marco.

Marco
29-12-2020, 16:36
Lol - soz, mate. Not happening... At least until I assess the reaction towards it from those who've had it, once 60-70% of the population have been jabbed. If, say, 18 months down the line after that, the vast majority of people are ok, I'll give it some thought!;)

Marco.

Jac Hawk
29-12-2020, 17:05
Lol - soz, mate. Not happening... At least until I assess the reaction towards it from those who've had it, once 60-70% of the population have been jabbed. If, say, 18 months down the line after that, the vast majority of people are ok, I'll give it some thought!;)

Marco.

Sorry mate but people with your attitude to inoculation boil my piss :mad: i've been on covid wards and seen the devastation this terrible disease causes, i'd rather put up with a few side effects than be dead, the aim is to have to population inoculated before the end of next year, folks with your attitude are going to drag things out, the longer this disease exists the more chance there is it mutating into something more terrible. Believe me if there was a good reason not to take it i wouldn't, but it seems like folks with your attitude are basing their decision on hearsay and rumour

Marco
29-12-2020, 17:19
You obviously haven't been following the Covid thread then, where my position on the matter is very well documented!

My attitude? It's a free country, and my decision, thoroughly and carefully considered I'd have to say, is not to take the vaccine until (or if ) *I* consider that it is 100% safe (or as close as possible to that).

Therefore, kindly respect my decision, as I respect yours to take it [and also have sympathy towards aspects of your stance], and leave it there, or simply agree to disagree.

In any case, I won't have this thread derailed with Covid chat, so any further response from you along those lines, or to castigate me like you just did, which was totally out of order, btw, will be removed without further notice, as will any more references here to Covid, vaccines or otherwise.

From now on discussions on this thread will be hi-fi-orientated only.

Marco.

rmcin626
29-12-2020, 18:12
100% This.

Missing our Scottish Mafia get togethers, and there’s a few new AOS folks here now since the last one.

Might qualify as Scottish mafia now.

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 20:09
“ Been on Covid Wards *
You have my (And hopefully other’s) Attention.

Thankfully,

I’ve not been in a Covid Ward like you have, (But I’ll add you to the list of Folks I do know who turn up for Work at 6 AM to do so..)
Whilst the rest of us watch Netflix.

I applaud you Sir, others I know who put it on the line every Day...and those that I don’t.

Bravo Sir, I applaud you.

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 20:10
Might qualify as Scottish mafia now.

You bet your Ass.
Meant as a compliment Rabby.

Marco
29-12-2020, 20:22
“ Been on Covid Wards *
You have my (And hopefully other’s) Atenntion.

Thankfully,

I’ve not been in a Covid Ward like you have, (But I’ll add you to the list of Folks I do know who turn up for Work at 6 AM to do so..)
Whilst the rest of us watch Netflix.

I applaud you Sir, others I know who put it on the line every Day...and those that I don’t.

Bravo Sir, I applaud you.

Mate, please, no more talk about Covid on this thread. I did say... Any further posts of that nature will be removed. That apples to EVERYONE.

Marco.

Jac Hawk
29-12-2020, 20:42
By June i would like to think the 3 main events i attend NEBO, Kegworth and Cranage will happen either early summer, although i'm guessing many people who would normally attend will be looking to get away for a holiday in the summer, so more likely autumn next year.

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 20:50
Mate, please, no more talk about Covid on this thread. I did say... Any further posts of that nature will be removed. That apples to EVERYONE.

Marco.

Gut response to someone who’s been there, s’all it was.
Nothing further from me.

Apologies Marco.

Marco
29-12-2020, 20:55
Ok fine, no worries... But that's enough now on that subject. No more mention of Covid or vaccines, ta! If you want to discuss that, please do it on the appropriate thread.

This thread is for discussion about possible meets/bakeoffs and shows, which of course we would all love to happen again, but unfortunately given the current situation that's unlikely to be any time soon.

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
29-12-2020, 21:04
The Cranage show is officially on in June, Munich is officially on later in the year than usual.

I will be at both.

Jac Hawk
29-12-2020, 21:09
The Cranage show is officially on in June, Munich is officially on later in the year than usual.

I will be at both.

There you go, i think some restrictions may still be in place but i really hope not. think i'll give Steve Petch a prod about NEBO

rmcin626
29-12-2020, 21:11
You bet your Ass.
Meant as a compliment Rabby.

No offense taken Gary

The Vinyl Adventure
29-12-2020, 21:12
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/north-west-audio-show-tickets-69283044451

https://www.highendsociety.de/high-end-44.html

Gazjam
29-12-2020, 21:20
No offense taken Gary

None Given Sir! :)

Pigmy Pony
01-01-2021, 14:26
By June i would like to think the 3 main events i attend NEBO, Kegworth and Cranage will happen either early summer, although i'm guessing many people who would normally attend will be looking to get away for a holiday in the summer, so more likely autumn next year.

Holiday or no, I still intend to go to Kegworth - I've already paid for hotel and me curry and everything :)

Pigmy Pony
01-01-2021, 14:27

Holiday or no, I still intend to go to Kegworth - I've already paid for hotel and me curry and everything :) Well maybe not the curry, I can't remember

Lawrence001
01-01-2021, 17:23
Holiday or no, I still intend to go to Kegworth - I've already paid for hotel and me curry and everything :)If I ran your local curry house you'd be top of my Christmas card list, paying for your meals a year in advance [emoji38]

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Floyddroid
14-01-2021, 15:08
As I type I am isolating having tested positive a week prior. At my most darkest I strive to think forward and staging Nebo 11. Safe to assume it won't be for some time yet? Hopefully when it is safe I will see some regular faces at NEBO and hopefully some new ones too.

struth
14-01-2021, 16:47
As I type I am isolating having tested positive a week prior. At my most darkest I strive to think forward and staging Nebo 11. Safe to assume it won't be for some time yet? Hopefully when it is safe I will see some regular faces at NEBO and hopefully some new ones too.

hope your not feeling to badly.

Gazjam
14-01-2021, 17:47

Aww Man,
sorry to hear.

Get better soon Amigo, and looking forward to when we can have NEBO again. :cool:

Jimbo
14-01-2021, 18:09

Hope you get through it Ok Steve.

brian2957
14-01-2021, 19:30
Get well soon Steve .

Marco
15-01-2021, 02:12
+1 with BIG bells on! Sorry to hear you've tested positive, Steve. Hopefully (and you'll be in our prayers) it won't amount to anything serious. Take care, mate, and keep us updated.

Marco.

mik_rik
15-01-2021, 12:02
Echoing every body else's concerns,hope you're not too ill with it.

Mick, ( p.s - loved the Nice version of Karelia on your last show)

Jac Hawk
15-01-2021, 13:07
Stay safe dude, btw a new pair of speakers will definitely make you feel better, it’s a well known fact:eyebrows:

Ali Tait
15-01-2021, 13:43
Just seen this, hope all will be well Steve.

Lawrence001
16-01-2021, 12:41
Hope you're feeling better today Steve

brian2957
16-01-2021, 12:54
+1 :)

Audio Al
16-01-2021, 14:21
I need Kegworth to help my sanity :) Oh hold on maybe insanity :scratch:

:D

struth
16-01-2021, 14:59
I need Kegworth to help my sanity :) Oh hold on maybe insanity :scratch:

:D

or maybe a keg's worth :eyebrows:

Floyddroid
16-01-2021, 15:52
Thanks everyone. I couldn't have been more misfortunate timewise to acquire Covid. 10 days without proper speakers. I have still managed to listen to some great music though courtesy of some tiny Q-acoustic speakers I use as surround speakers. Glad you enjoyed my last sho Mik, please keep listening in. I believe I am on the mend having less aches and pains as the days go by. It is my last day of isolation today. On a positive note I have almost burned in a new set of valves so not all time has been wasted. My focus at this time is on my good lady who is not well at all and causing me quite concern.
Keep yourselves safe gentlemen and I will both see and hear you at NEBO 11.

Jac Hawk
16-01-2021, 18:58
Hope the missus is feeling better soon mate, keep safe

Columbo
17-01-2021, 15:04
Every cloud has a silver lining, Mike. Look on the bright side. Situation being what it is, it does delay the possibility of having to contend with some self-opinionated arrogant arsehole, who, in all honesty, you'd like nothing better than to punch their lights out, that you might well encounter. You can never guarantee who's going to turn up at such events, can you?

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

Jac Hawk
18-01-2021, 09:33
Every cloud has a silver lining, Mike. Look on the bright side. Situation being what it is, it does delay the possibility of having to contend with some self-opinionated arrogant arsehole, who, in all honesty, you'd like nothing better than to punch their lights out, that you might well encounter. You can never guarantee who's going to turn up at such events, can you?

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

This is true, but i find you get the best version of them in person, less up their own arse so to speak, NEBO has always been a great event for me though Steve does a fantastic job organising it and although not ideal due to size and room location the liquid refreshments at The Wellington more than make up for that and the foods not bad either. My only problem is working out what to bring

Stranraer
22-02-2021, 19:54
Hi all, trust we're all well/recovered.
As a newbie I'm wondering if anyone could give me the lowdown on Kebworth. Is it a social event, an industry show ?
I'm in The Midlands and DESPERATE to fill my diary with Things To Look Forward To.

The Vinyl Adventure
22-02-2021, 20:03
Hi all, trust we're all well/recovered.
As a newbie I'm wondering if anyone could give me the lowdown on Kebworth. Is it a social event, an industry show ?
I'm in The Midlands and DESPERATE to fill my diary with Things To Look Forward To.

You wont be going to shows until at least July/August if at all IMO.

Kebworth is a one day show for enthusiasts to show off their systems with a few stalls to buy stuff.

Macca
22-02-2021, 20:59
Kegworth.

Jac Hawk
25-02-2021, 11:50
Cranage has just been cancelled for 2021

Macca
25-02-2021, 13:08
Shame, I like that show.

Jac Hawk
25-02-2021, 16:18
Yeh i was looking forward to it, but c'est la vie, let's hope we can get NEBO on the cards for this year.

Gazjam
24-03-2021, 20:29
Remember Bake Offs and Gatherings from "Back in the Day".

Kinda miss 'em.
Better times ahead Folks.

Lawrence001
25-03-2021, 10:33
I do think we could have done more to adopt modern technology to keep something going.

Eg.we could have moved on to Zoom with our laptops plugged into our hi-fis - with the added benefit the all the systems would sound as good as our own [emoji16]

Filterlab
27-03-2021, 09:18
Just like listening to a review on YouTube. :lol:

Lawrence001
27-03-2021, 18:46
Just like listening to a review on YouTube. [emoji38]Good point, @hifinutt would approve [emoji16]

Jac Hawk
30-03-2021, 12:55
I'm still hopeful that NEBO will happen sometime this year, my thinking is sometime in September when most of us will be immunised and hopefully the threat of Covid won't be as prevalent

Pigmy Pony
03-04-2021, 15:48
I'm still hopeful that NEBO will happen sometime this year, my thinking is sometime in September when most of us will be immunised and hopefully the threat of Covid won't be as prevalent

Let's hope so Mike. No substitute for chatting with other human beings who are in the same room at the same time :)

Jac Hawk
03-04-2021, 19:17
Let's hope so Mike. No substitute for chatting with other human beings who are in the same room at the same time :)

100% with you there Steve, i'm looking to put my name down for Kegworth in October as well, i mean it's not like a foreign holiday's on the cards.

Floyddroid
04-04-2021, 14:41

I concur

Jac Hawk
05-04-2021, 09:49
Let’s get it organised then dude