PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Audio Synthesis SP or a close equivalent I/C cable unterminated

darkmatter
22-12-2020, 14:34
DIY I/C Cables I am looking to source some Audio Synthesis SP or a close equivalent.

I am looking for approx. minimum of a 12 meter unterminated length of the Audio Synthesis SP cable which is a 4 x 1.0mm solid core Silver cable with a silver clad copper screen and a tough and durable blue outer sheath. So that I can make a 6m+ interconnect pair.

The nearest I can find is Deskadel I-5 ML but again cannot be sure if this is similar cable but it appears to have the same layout and tough exterior.

PM if you can help me source some.

Thanks,

Simon

loosend
23-12-2020, 05:48
Deskadel is who makes their cables, so you have found what your looking for. My brother used to deal in it years back
Another good option is Mundorf’s SGW605SHD - takes a lot of burning in but a great cable too

sjs
08-01-2021, 09:31
The old blue Deskadel cable which AS used is very good. I used quite a bit of it back in the day and probably bought it off your brother!

I still have a couple of 1m pairs and a 4m pair, and still use them in my main system

I did get a sample of a new Deskadel cable a few years ago, but unfortunately it was quite different.

Good luck with your search

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lucerne
08-01-2021, 12:18
AS also use Everest Studio Silver Series, (SHT Group England), which is much more flexible than the Deskadel stuff, but from a quick google search this looks to be unobtainium.

I have this as interconnects and also captive leads from my passive amps, and can't notice any difference between this and the Deskadel cables.