PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow Audio Enthusiasts

david1111
19-11-2020, 05:04
Hi, my name is David, and I'm an Audioholic.
I enjoy listening to Jazz, Classical, 70s Rock, 80s music, Female vocal, and some Pop.

I've had quite a few different systems, which was kind of fun, but over the last few years I became disillusioned with mixing and matching components, and I have since moved to a Naim setup which is seving me well so far.
In the last year, I have been focusing solely on setting up a good streaming system. The sources being, Tidal and ripped CDs served from a Synology NAS. Also Internet radio.

I still have my LPs, and at some point I would like to re-setup a nice vinyl rig. I even still have a few Cassette decks and tapes, so I will add that format to my setup as well.

I first caught the audio bug, way back when the only hi-end gear I'd heard of, or seen anywhere, was McIntosh. So, that's what I bought. That would have been the early 70's when I was about 18yo. i had a good job, and I bought the Mac gear used from a dealer. Man, it sounded great.

Anyway, that's my audio experience. I've belonged to other forums in the past, and I'm always amazed at how endlessly intriuged I am when it comes to discussing almost anything audio.
I look forward to chatting with many of you here.
Cheers.

Dave

walpurgis
19-11-2020, 07:23
Hi Dave. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the chat, there's plenty of interesting stuff going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
19-11-2020, 09:23
Hi Dave; Welcome to AoS.:)

david1111
20-11-2020, 03:15
Thanks for the nice welcome, guys.

Dave

Barry
21-11-2020, 20:30
Welcome to AoS Dave.

McIntosh make some excellent gear, and there is something to be said in having a system whose components are all from the one manufacturer.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

david1111
22-11-2020, 04:28
Thanks for the welcome, Barry, nice to meet you.
That's it really, I'm finding the hobby to be somewhat simpler being setup with gear from the same manufacturer. I was having difficulties getting things just right with mixing and matching.
I understand most of the associated technical stuff regarding impedances and tubes etc., but it's just easier when the manufacturer does it.
And my system/music is sounding better now as well.
Cheers.

Dave

orchardaudio
30-11-2020, 18:06
Welcome.