Arcam Alpha 7 cd player

Rega P2 Turntable with bias cartridge

Rogers LS7 Speakers and epos stands

Cyrus MK1 Amp

:lol:
Dan

DSJR
23-07-2010, 16:50
Can you list the items please. Looks like you have a Cyrus something-or-other, Rogers? speakers on Epos stands and an Arcam CD player....

Alex_UK
23-07-2010, 20:08
Nice.

Sayin' let's get together and feel all right

:)

dantheman91
24-07-2010, 07:30
LOL

DSJR
24-07-2010, 09:32
You know what I'm going to say - Turntable-based hiFi Hierarchy :)

Those LS7's are good and NEED an amp upgrade one day soon. The Bias cartridge is a little bassy as I recall and the P2 will take better.

Apologies, it's the "sales consultant" coming out in me, but I know all those bits intimately and very much respect the LS7. :pub:

dantheman91
24-07-2010, 10:23
no the cyrus drives the LS7'S fine so wont be upgrading for a long time yet the bias cartridge great for the money. ive just had the cyrus severviced so its basicly like new

Dan

dantheman91
12-08-2010, 12:18
just bought a new cartridge for the rega i now have an ortofon lm 20

dantheman91
16-09-2010, 16:35
Need more comments please

DSJR
16-09-2010, 16:48
LM20 should be great and equates to their OM Blue I think (one up from the Red).

Check the main bearing still has usable oil and that the nuts are firmly tight - oo-er missus...

The Cyrus 1 is still one item you could improve on and if you see a good Cyrus 2/PSX for sale I'd seriously urge you to grab it. Once installed and working fine, you'll hear why I'm reserved about the Cyrus 1 ;)

The Alpha 7 could possibly be improved on - where the 7 was more bassy, the 7Se was lighter but no clearer in balance. try to find an 8Se and especially an Alpha 9 onwards (the 8 was the poor relation in the middle) as the clarity is so much better. The Clamshell Rega Planet was lovely and communicative too if the siting was correct, but get too much pounding bass and the rigid mech would skip data and "drop out."

southall-1998
16-09-2010, 20:47
Dan,

That's a nice hifi system you have there. And you also have a nice big room with space for those speakers.

I wish i had a bigger room, then I could have got myself some nice Harbeth speakers. As some people say Harbeth speakers work well with Quad 405s. But I could be wrong though.

dantheman91
17-09-2010, 06:27
LM20 should be great and equates to their OM Blue I think (one up from the Red).

Check the main bearing still has usable oil and that the nuts are firmly tight - oo-er missus...

The Cyrus 1 is still one item you could improve on and if you see a good Cyrus 2/PSX for sale I'd seriously urge you to grab it. Once installed and working fine, you'll hear why I'm reserved about the Cyrus 1 ;)

The Alpha 7 could possibly be improved on - where the 7 was more bassy, the 7Se was lighter but no clearer in balance. try to find an 8Se and especially an Alpha 9 onwards (the 8 was the poor relation in the middle) as the clarity is so much better. The Clamshell Rega Planet was lovely and communicative too if the siting was correct, but get too much pounding bass and the rigid mech would skip data and "drop out."

Hi DSJR

The the bearing nuts a firmy tight on the rega. also if i see a nice cyrus 2 psx i will pick it up thanks for the tip. i love the alpha 7 it sounds so smooth for the cyrus and well balenced

Dan

dantheman91
17-09-2010, 06:30
Dan,

That's a nice hifi system you have there. And you also have a nice big room with space for those speakers.

I wish i had a bigger room, then I could have got myself some nice Harbeth speakers. As some people say Harbeth speakers work well with Quad 405s. But I could be wrong though.

Thanks mate same to you too you have a nice little setup i sure the herbeths would run superbly with quad 405's

DSJR
17-09-2010, 08:45
If you like tha Alpha 7 CD, you'd wet yourself over the 8Se, I promise you :lol:

dantheman91
25-09-2010, 14:05
lol :)