PDA

View Full Version : WTD : Mission 774 tonearm....or similar!!?

MisterKevster
03-11-2020, 12:30
On the lookout for a replacement for my Linn LV-X...and have been directed towards the Mission 774....and wondering what might be 'out there'!?

Am aware of current Ebay offering, but seller is requiring a hefty £25 carriage....and this isn't the way I want to go.

Perhaps I should/could also be looking at alternatives too.....it's to mount on a Heybrook TT2.

A long shot I know....but have a few items that could possibly be part of a 'deal'
These are : Castle Severn II's (cherry), Arcam Alpha 8R, Arcam Alpha 8P, Monitor Audio R352's (walnut), Definitive Technology BPX1(rears....in white!).....all excellent/immaculate cond. (All bought from 'new'....apart from DefTecs)
....just a thought....:rolleyes:

.......and of course, there's always good old cash!!:D

Magic
04-11-2020, 15:33
I thought the Rega arms worked particularly well on Heybrook TT2s.

I'd look for a decent rewired one. Should be a bit cheaper too. The mounting might be a problem if it's a Linn based style. You could go for a decent Jelco as the best value & keep well clear of Linn arms which are the opposite.

SteveH1960
05-11-2020, 12:35
Just put an Ittok LVII on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterKevster
05-11-2020, 15:26
I thought the Rega arms worked particularly well on Heybrook TT2s........ You could go for a decent Jelco as the best value & keep well clear of Linn arms which are the opposite.

Keep hearing good things about Rega!
...and note your comment on Linn arms in general....

MisterKevster
05-11-2020, 15:28
Just put an Ittok LVII on ?

Thanks Steve...nice try!!!....but not looking to go anywhere near £550:eek:

SteveH1960
05-11-2020, 15:35
No worries, I think it’s sold!!

walpurgis
05-11-2020, 15:58
I've owned many arms including an Ittok, which was significantly better than the Regas I'd also had, but I much preferred the 774. The others got sold, but I kept the Mission.