PDA

View Full Version : (Naim) Signal only 4pin to 4pin Snaic

Peter Stockwell
20-06-2008, 09:14
I have a Naim system with a Hicap. I'm using a power amp with an internal power supply.

Would there be any reall interest in having a 4 pin snaic made up that only carried the signal from the Hicap to the Poweramp ?

or even ..

Would it be possible to send the preamp signal directly to the Poweramp, thus bypassing the visit to the HiCap on the way ?

regards

Peter

Mike Reed
21-06-2008, 19:07
Would there be any real interest in having a 4 pin Snaic made up that only carried the signal from the Hicap to the poweramp ?

or even ..

Would it be possible to send the preamp signal directly to the poweramp, thus bypassing the visit to the HiCap on the way ?

regards

Peter

Sorry, interest from whom?

It's been over a dozen years since I had an 82 (same as 282) powered by a couple of HiCaps and I really cannot remember the wiring sequence. However, I followed Naim's set-up, which is obviously optimised for sound quality. Thus I cannot see what you'd want to achieve by deviating from that designer norm.

However I'm sure Naim would advise on 01722 426600

Peter Stockwell
22-06-2008, 10:05
Mike,

Interest might not be the right word. I was wondering out loud. I have a 4 pin snaic which I use between a HiCap and a 200. The 200 has a power supply, so the power supply DC is going back to the HiCap along the same cable in which the signal is going in the other direction.

I was just curious if anybody knew if haveing a 4 pin snaic that only carried signal would sound better.

regards

Peter