PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy Cheviot Driver Mounting Bolts

speedyj
17-10-2020, 03:38
Does anyone have a size for these or a reference site i can use please.

I have one missing and would like to replace the set whilst I'm at it.

Thanks John.

speedyj
17-10-2020, 04:12
Just found the missing bolt and washers stuck to the driver. Someone clearly had a play and lost it prior to me buying them.

All sorted thanks.

Edward
17-10-2020, 10:22
John,

Will you be enhancing the Cheviots using the RFC recipe, as Micky and I did on our Berkeleys, or just leaving it as is?

§

speedyj
17-10-2020, 14:07
John,

Will you be enhancing the Cheviots using the RFC recipe, as Micky and I did on our Berkeleys, or just leaving it as is?

§

Crossovers are going to Paul on Monday for refurbishment. He did my Eatons about 3 years ago and they were brilliant afterwards. Always regretted selling them on. These Cheviots are staying here!!

Edward
17-10-2020, 16:29
Crossovers are going to Paul on Monday for refurbishment. He did my Eatons about 3 years ago and they were brilliant afterwards. Always regretted selling them on. These Cheviots are staying here!!

Good stuff. Yes I know about regretting selling Eatons . I don't regret selling mine, as I did not (...sell them :)).

Do ask Paul if it is worth you doing his silent coat and acoustic treatment recipe to your Cheviots. Both Micky and I found it highly worthwhile on our Berkeleys. And please say 'hi' to Paul.

speedyj
18-10-2020, 16:44
Good stuff. Yes I know about regretting selling Eatons . I don't regret selling mine, as I did not (...sell them :)).

Do ask Paul if it is worth you doing his silent coat and acoustic treatment recipe to your Cheviots. Both Micky and I found it highly worthwhile on our Berkeleys. And please say 'hi' to Paul.

Already started on the silent coat and acoustic foam. Still getting the old foam out which is a bugger of a job.

Edward
18-10-2020, 18:57
Already started on the silent coat and acoustic foam. Still getting the old foam out which is a bugger of a job.

Without pictures no one will believe you John. :lol:

Yes the old foam is a bugger to get out. I used a new (therefore sharp) wood chisel and lay it as flat as possible to avoid digging into the cab.

walpurgis
19-10-2020, 06:06
I think I may offer a Tannoy restoration service. There must be loads about now waiting to have all the 'improvements' undone ;).