PDA

View Full Version : FS AT-VMN95SH VM95 Series Shibata replacement stylus

twotone
09-10-2020, 14:56
Hi guy's, I've this stylus for sale.

I bought it about three weeks ago from someone on the Wam along with a AT-VMN95ML cart and AT headshell to try both stylus profiles out but in all honestly there's nothing really sound wise between the Shibata profile and the Microlinear profile so I'm keeping the ML cart and stylus & the headshell.

I would say however that the Shibata stylus is a bit more bassy and warmer sounding and if you have dirty records then I would say this isn't the cart for you cause it digs every bit of dirt and fluff out of the record grooves.

I'm the second owner, the previous owner sold the Shibata stylus with 'about 30 hours on it' and I've maybe used it for another ten hours tops so pretty low use

Please note this is the stylus only but you can buy a cartridge including a conical stylus for about £28, changing the stylus is a simple ten second job, the conical stylus is ideal for listening to older wrecked or in dirty or poor condition second hand records before using one of your better/more expensive stylii

I'm looking for £110 posted, payment by bank transfer preferred or by Paypal gift or collect from me here in Glasgow G76 and I'll let it go for £100.

These are £156 on Amazon so a decent saving for an almost new stylus, I think AT quote 800 hours for the Shibata stylus.

I don't have the Shibata box but I have the ML box so it will be posted in that, it also comes with a stylus guard.

Here's the product details below.

Thanks

Tony

Top of the range 2.7 x 0.26mil Shibata replacement or upgrade stylus for AT-VM95 cartridge.The Nude Shibata stylus is renowned by high end audiophiles for achieving the highest level of musical realism, resolution, imaging and dynamic impact.
Designed for use with all of the VM95 Series cartridge assemblies, easily upgrade or change your stylus without the need to change the cartridge
Nude Square Shank Stylus Construction
The compatibility in the range will allow you to change to any of the other 4 styli in the Series such as Conical,Elliptical, Elliptical Nude and Microlinear.
Genuine product tested in the Audio-Technica Factory in Fukui-Japan
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JXDD3YL/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

https://i.ibb.co/nnSCY9J/7886b1a3ea81858969812e7faef20248.jpg

twotone
11-10-2020, 13:21
Bump

twotone
12-10-2020, 22:03
Bump

twotone
15-10-2020, 10:16
Bump