PDA

View Full Version : FS: SD Acoustics SD5 floorstanding speakers

jandl100
19-07-2010, 20:12
I am advertising these on behalf of a friend ...

I heard these this morning at his place - lovely articulate and detailed mids and treble, taut but dry and non-boomy bass.
He's only just bought these (eBay purchase!) and he rather prefers the sound of his old Infinity speakers ... which have a fullsome and luxurious bass, which suits his tastes and room, but are rather less resolving than the SD5 higher up, imho. Me? - I'd go for the SD5's! :)

Anyway, they work fine and are in good condition.

£170 collected from Cinderford. Glos - or he may be able to meet up part way. No boxes, so courier is not on.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/SD5.jpg

Here's the text from the eBay auction ...

These are 3 way floor standing speakers comprising

Bass - 2 x 6" Vifa paper cone (M17wg-09) - this enclosure is separate from the midrange/tweeter and has a rear firing port

Midrange - 1 x 6" Vifa Polypropylene cone (P17wg-00)

Tweeter - 1 x Monacor (RBT-80) - This is a magentostatic unit which operates in similar way to a ribbon tweeter

The speakers are tri-wired with gold plated binding posts and have spikes to ensure good location on the floor.

These speakers are good condition with some small digs to the wooden veneer and one there is a small crack to the veneer on the top of one of the speakers - you can see a small line on the veneer but you can't feel it with your finger.

These speakers have a a good clear treble and a good bass response. They were highly recommended in the hi-fi press at the time and ..... They measure 110cm x 30cm x 20cm

The Grand Wazoo
19-07-2010, 20:19
These are a bloody massive, massive bargain. Someone should do themselves a favour & snap these up pronto.

Mike
19-07-2010, 20:21
I would, if I wasn't so bloody far away! :(