PDA

View Full Version : Michell Gyro SE. Adjusting pitch with the QC PSU?

sastusbulbas
17-07-2010, 21:24
Hi all,

I have set my Gyro SE back up, been in storage long enough, set up with an SME IV tonearm with an XLO Reference cable, and an Ortofon MC10 Supreme (I still have not got round to sorting out my Rohmann on which the diamond tip has fell off the cantilever).

Phono stage is my trusty old Sonic Frontiers SF-1 valve.

I am sure my pitch is off when running at 33.3 speed, does anyone know if there is any way I can fix this at home? I have the QC power supply, but don't know if there are any trim pots or such for adjusting pitch?

Stratmangler
17-07-2010, 21:27
How long has it been sat ?
Oil change required ?

Spectral Morn
17-07-2010, 21:28
Might just be that you need new belts. Are they still running straight and level when you are playing a record ?

Regards D S D L

sastusbulbas
17-07-2010, 23:13
its all running straight and fine bounce is nice and even, sat on a large chopping block in the spare room cuboard for I can't remember how long LOL.

Belt seems a little rough/dry to feel, have a slightly used one in the loft somewhere. Seems ok at 45rpm though?

Spectral Morn
18-07-2010, 08:55
Its hard to say without seeing the TT.

Try changing the belt but Stratmangler's idea with the bearing oil is also worth trying.

Where was the deck stored ?

Regards D S D L

DSJR
18-07-2010, 09:34
Without using a strobe for rough checking it's hard to say. Checking oil and belt (if it's been permenantly fitted while in exile) is a very good idea.

My TD125 lived in the garage (boxed and packed) for around two years and worked first time, fortunately..

The Grand Wazoo
18-07-2010, 10:09
The power supply - is it the one in the transparent perspex box, or the Alecto shaped one, or the never connected one in the Trichord style box?