PDA

View Full Version : Morning

amdismal
16-07-2010, 09:30
Good morning all,

Joined here a while ago but just lurked. Thought I may as well say hi as I have recently committed to buy a Mr Liang 845 that was, I think, well known around here. With any luck it'll be a decent match for my Quads ESLs in the second system :)

Marco
16-07-2010, 10:01
Hi mate,

Welcome to AOS :)

I know you're a regular on the Wam, but what's your first name and where are you from? We like that info here, as it adds to the community spirit.

Also what's your system and music tastes? :cool:

Marco.

amdismal
16-07-2010, 15:23
Hi Marco,

Yeah will sort a sig with some info, but in advance of that, name is Adam, I have met you twice (at both Scalford shows), but was pissed each time :)

Music is mostly classical and acoustic, systems are all crossoverless:
Main - Rock Excalibur MC30S, just sold the Linn DS, Audion 2-box preamp, custom monster 2.8W 6B4G SET, biggest Lowthers around
Second - Squeezebox, Beresford Caiman, AI 500 (to be replaced by the Liang), Quad ESLs

I'm based in St Albans, and have one of the more tolerant wives around, I reckon!

Spectral Morn
16-07-2010, 15:54
Hi Adam

Welcome to AOS.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Sounds like a very interesting set up. Would you care to post some photos of it in the Gallery section of the forum....we all love to see what others are using.

Regards D S D L

Jonboy
16-07-2010, 18:02
Hi Adam and welcome, as Neil says pics would be good, i liked the sound of Petes horns at Scalford and they were on the large side, just dismantled my stacked 57's due to space issues, know all about wife and speaker issues :(

Alex_UK
16-07-2010, 19:01
Hi Adam, and welcome aboard the good ship AoS. Nice sounding system, though I'm not familiar with some of it, so as the others have said, some pics would be lovely if you can get the time.

Enjoy the forum.

amdismal
16-07-2010, 20:06
i liked the sound of Petes horns at Scalford

You've heard my amplifier then! Guy made it a while ago, and thought it would be a good match for his horns at Scalford. The system was very nice, I thought. I might go front loaded horns sometime, but am rather short of cash at the mo :rolleyes:

amdismal
16-07-2010, 21:30
System piccies:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=137929#post137929

Marco
18-07-2010, 17:59
Hi Marco,

Yeah will sort a sig with some info, but in advance of that, name is Adam, I have met you twice (at both Scalford shows), but was pissed each time :)

Ah, yes, I remember the occasion well.... At least your arse gas is a little more fragrant than Big Dur's... That stench abomination that he left in our room the last time was a bloody danger to public health!! :eek:

Marco.

Barry
18-07-2010, 20:52
Ah, yes, I remember the occasion well.... At least your arse gas is a little more fragrant than Big Dur's... That stench abomination that he left in our room the last time was a bloody danger to public health!! :eek:

Marco.

Has this forum changed its name to The Art of Fart? Marco, do we really want to know about the unfortunate malodorousness, or othewise, of someone's flatus?

Welcome to AoS Adam - we do actually discuss music and the gear on which it is played.

Regards

Marco
18-07-2010, 20:59
Connoisseurs of flatulence? I quite like that, actually!! :lol:

More seriously, I'm referring to something which is standing joke with Big Dur (a friend of Adam's from Wigwam) and those of us who were setting up the AOS room at last year's Scalford Hall show, which of course you wouldn't have been aware of until now.....

I wasn't just being 'farty' for the sake of it! ;)

Marco.

amdismal
18-07-2010, 21:04
Jack (Big Dur) was really quite full of lager. There's only two ways all that gas can exit, neither of them pleasant...

Marco
18-07-2010, 22:04
Lol! "was really quite full of lager" is an understatement!

I think it may have been the rather heady marriage of Vindaloo and Stella which combined to create the pungent aroma Jack chose to 'release' and leave to linger for the 'delectation' of Anthony and I who were sleeping in that room later....

Two cans of bloody Lynx deodorant wouldn't shift it!! :lol:

Marco.