View Full Version : trichord modded pioneer pd-91 elite cd player

mmar
15-07-2010, 21:02
for sale rare pioneer pd-91

the player is in very good condition for its age and functions perfectly reads discs instanty including cd-r,s

comes with origanal remote and operating instructions but none origanal box

the std players are no slouches and make very good transports but the trichord work really has lifted this player to a very high level used either as a stand alone player or as a transport infact it compares and betters many a 2k plus player i have owned

the trichord work cost in the region of 750 pounds - the mods include super clock 2 and seperate never connected power supply , a seperate dedicated power supply - transformer has been fitted to power all the digital circuits leaving the external pioneer transformer to power the rest of the players circuitry , cap and resistor have been upgraded in critical locations and finally a quality hard wired solid core silver power cable

asking 420 including uk delivery may consider swaps or cheaper part ex

mmar
15-07-2010, 21:07
pics

DSJR
16-07-2010, 16:19
Sod the upgrades (:lol:), but this was ONE HECK of a GREAT machine and if I had the dough I'd bite your hand off for it!!!!!

I remember enjoying a PD91 at Jimmy Hughes' place and its lovely sound made a refreshing change from the rather "stark" sounding Sony ES series players he usually had at this time - meaning 502/505/555ES series players and not the later units as Marco uses, which I understand were slightly toned down (and this before the other mods done later)

Alex_UK
16-07-2010, 18:57
I LOVE Pioneer Elites (as Dave says, even before the mods) and if I hadn't got a player I'm happy with I'd be very interested in this too - I reckon this is a bargain and anyone buying it will be delighted. Good luck Mick and if you don't get any interest I'll give you £200 for it! ;)

mmar
17-07-2010, 08:43
cheers guys with regret the player is now listed on ebay so it will more than likely find its way to europe , as mentioned i would be happy to consider part ex against the player for anyone who may be short of reddies i really would like the player to go to a new home from one of the forum members

interested in a good pair of speaker cables min of 3.5 mts or quality mains cables missing link cryo etc