PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Buenos Aires

ZZTop
15-07-2010, 18:30
Hello all...
My name is Uwe and since 3 years I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I really enjoy listen musik, the combination of different sounds and rhythm is to me like watching a beautiful painting, or eaven more.
As I dont have the time nor the money to go to live-concerts 3 times a week, I love to enjoy music in my house. So for my setup the most important is that it delivers the huge variety of "sound-colours" of good music.

As I'm quite interested in Hi-Fi I know this page since some years.
Searching for my favorite topic brought me several times to "the art of sound".
In comparision to other forums here the people is quite friendly and the stile of discusions mostly constructive. --I like it.

As I have quite a limited budget to spend for Hi-Fi on the one hand, high expectations on the other hand, I buy my equipment used.

Actual my setup is a pair of Spendor BC1 active monitors, driven with a Caiman DAC. The music comes from a netbook with Foobar and the files are in lossless format Flac.
Sounds great, better than my last CDP, a Vincent with tube.

At the moment I,m thinking again what I could improve. The music sounds beautiful, but there could be a bit more "drive", expecial in the bass.

Greetz
Uwe S.

Ali Tait
15-07-2010, 18:41
Hi and welcome.For improvement,try the passive mod on the Caiman.

flapland
15-07-2010, 19:28
Welcome ZZ

I had a excellent holiday in Buenos Aires last December and travelled to Ushuaia and El Calafate as well. Considering a second visit later this year.

This time will also look at all of the second shops and vinyl shops as I have got the Vinyl habit in the past year.

Have a bottle of Malbec on all of us.

Flapland

Spectral Morn
15-07-2010, 22:02
Welcome to AOS

Have fun and enjoy the forum.

Regards D S D L

ZZTop
15-07-2010, 22:05
Hi Paul
right, the argentinian wine just can be bet by the argentinian women.
When youre here let me know.

Hello Ali
I read from the passive mod on the Caiman, but did not find a description jet. Is it recomendable if I use the Caiman as a pre-amp?
What I found up to now is the 12k resistor mod in the 60 pages "Caiman Mods" thread.
Sounds interesting too.

greetz
Uwe

Ali Tait
15-07-2010, 22:20
Not suitable if you use the Caiman as a preamp unfortunately.See the thread here-

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6910

Techno Commander
15-07-2010, 22:26
Hello ZZ.

Alex_UK
15-07-2010, 23:19
Hello Uwe, "Gimme all your lovin' all your hugs and kisses too" - or perhaps more appropriately, welcome to AoS, enjoy the forum!

The Grand Wazoo
15-07-2010, 23:20
Hi Uwe,
Welcome to the Art of Sound.
So what sort of music is your thing?..............apart from th obvious!