PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

andreime
13-07-2010, 14:58
My name is Andrei and I am a huge music lover! I listen to music all the time, non-stop. I must say, I love music more than the equipment that produces it, but enjoy having the best there could be :)

Right now my system is:

Monitor audio vintage fully modified: redesigned crossovers and internal dampening changed. They are a passive radiator model, but sound completely different after the mods.

Arcam alpha 5+ CD- Total rebuild- most of the original components are changed, the output stage is redesigned, the casing is treated against vibrations and there are mods to come :)

Full dual mono power amp, DIY, but a incredible design. It was originally a Quad but after 13 versions it emerged into something very impressive.

Optoma HD projector, Onkyo surround receiver and a REL sub with a Peerless driver(and a moded power source).

Regarding the music I like, well... I can say there isn't much I don't like, so...

Spectral Morn
13-07-2010, 18:31
Welcome to the forum :)

Have fun and enjoy yourself :cool:

Regards D S D L

Barry
17-07-2010, 00:24
Wecome to AoS Andrei.

Where are you from and what are your tastes in music?

I must say, I love music more than the equipment that produces it, but enjoy having the best there could be

At least you have your priorities right!

Full dual mono power amp, DIY, but a incredible design. It was originally a Quad but after 13 versions it emerged into something very impressive.

I'm intrigued - can you provide more details please?

We already have another André here, so we will have to be careful with the spelling!

Regards

Alex_UK
17-07-2010, 07:33
Hello Andrei, welcome to AoS. I guess most of us on here are music lovers first and foremost, a bit like most Ferrari owners are probably driving lovers first and foremost too -most of us would love to be running a Ferrari equivalent system, but most of us live in the real world... So good to see you making the most of the mod/diy route - very interesting - like Barry says, more info please! (And remember, the Titanic was built by professionals, and The Ark was built by an amateur... :))

Have fun, enjoy the forum.

andreime
02-08-2010, 20:34
sorry for the late answer but I was away and during the summer I tend to let go of the net :D

here are more details on the amplifier:
http://www.vicol-audio.ro/quasar.php

About the Arcam I will write a detailed post when it's finished. Right now i'm testing a denon 2560 which is very good for it's age! all Silmics and very high quality components.

Techno Commander
02-08-2010, 21:17
Welcome Andrei. :)