PDA

View Full Version : First post

Johnyreilly
29-06-2020, 13:48
Hi all,
I came across this site when looking for a 12volt triger switch, it seems very interesting.
I have a Meridian system most of which is quite old. A pair of M100 speakers fed from a G95 cd receiver. both of these have been upgraded by John Samson of JS Audio Repairs. The speakers are 35 years old so he replaced the reservoir capacitors and a few other components, he also upgraded the power supply in the G95. I LOVE IT.

I still play vinyl with an old Technics SL7 and an Ortoffon OMP 20

I also have a QNAP 473 NAS running Roon feeding a Raspberry Pi3 with a HiFi Berry Digi plus pro.

I prefer classical music but love most music except jazz, I just can't get into jazz.

Looking forward to exploring the site.

John

StingRay
29-06-2020, 14:53
Hi all,
I came across this site when looking for a 12volt triger switch, it seems very interesting.
I have a Meridian system most of which is quite old. A pair of M100 speakers fed from a G95 cd receiver. both of these have been upgraded by John Samson of JS Audio Repairs. The speakers are 35 years old so he replaced the reservoir capacitors and a few other components, he also upgraded the power supply in the G95. I LOVE IT.

I still play vinyl with an old Technics SL7 and an Ortoffon OMP 20

I also have a QNAP 473 NAS running Roon feeding a Raspberry Pi3 with a HiFi Berry Digi plus pro.

I prefer classical music but love most music except jazz, I just can't get into jazz.

Looking forward to exploring the site.

John

Welcome. I like some Jazz, more the bebop era which is late 1950s. I don't like R&B and I hate rap. Are you on the WAM?

walpurgis
30-06-2020, 06:21
Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

Nice gear Meridian, many of us use their equipment.

Join in the chat and get to know the members, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
30-06-2020, 09:53
Welcome to AoS John.

We have a few Classical music lovers here, with a section where we discuss classical recordings. https://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?44-The-Classical-Section

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

AJSki2fly
30-06-2020, 10:33
Welcome John,

Meridian equipment generally sounds very good and tends to last. I used to have a 500 series based surround system, which was great, I really should have kept the 557 amplifier instead of going through several other amp changes.