PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Bluesound Node2i

Zoidburg
10-06-2020, 08:04
As per title I'm looking for a Bluesound Node 2i streamer if anyone has one to offer.

ideally mint condition with box, manual and accessories etc.

I'm based Liverpool so will need it posted if not local.

cheers

Ben

steveeg
11-06-2020, 09:07
I suspect if people have got one of these they may be hanging on to it. If it's of any relevance, a certain Richer Sounds currently has £150 off the price of the Bluesound powernode 2i. I think there may be a new model coming hence the discount. Not quite what you were looking for but a potential option.

Zoidburg
11-06-2020, 09:26
Cheers for the reply mate.

I think you are correct they seem to be very well regarded / reviewed.

I've taken the plunge this morning an bought a new one via amazon. I had some vouchers so knocked a bit off the purchase price and they also offered same day delivery so it should arrive later this evening.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Dylanthecat
11-06-2020, 10:29
Hi Ben, I have three now. Great value for money. Easy to set up and use. Also can handle MQA. I bypass the DAC which is very easy to configure (though the internal DAC is not bad). Martin

Dylanthecat
11-06-2020, 10:37
Hi Ben, I should have mentioned that whilst buying one the a 'high end speaker manufacturer' rep was in the shop setting up the demo room and he had advised the shop staff to upgrade the power supply cable, now I don't want the start that debate, but I built some 'improved' cables for around £20-25 and I can hear the improvement on the three rigs. Food for thought. Martin

Zoidburg
11-06-2020, 13:29
Hi Ben, I should have mentioned that whilst buying one the a 'high end speaker manufacturer' rep was in the shop setting up the demo room and he had advised the shop staff to upgrade the power supply cable, now I don't want the start that debate, but I built some 'improved' cables for around £20-25 and I can hear the improvement on the three rigs. Food for thought. Martin

Hi Martin,

IL bear that in mind thanks mate, I've used better quality power cables before on amps to good effect.

I know there are a couple of modifications available for the node which improve its performance further still as there's a long thread on it over on the wam.

supapeet
11-06-2020, 16:18
Hi, I have a Bluesound Node 2i and I’m very happy with it. I’ve seen that it can be improved by upgrading the power cable so would welcome any suggestions. I also had a loan recently of an Audiolab MDAC + which sadly has had to go back to Audiolab to be repaired so would welcome any comment that this might make an improvement from the Node’s internal Dac. Just as an aside, I bought mine from Richers in Liverpool a couple of years ago.

By the way where is the wam thread you refer to?
Thanks

Zoidburg
12-06-2020, 06:42
probably best we move this to a different section. I'd certainly be up for further discussions on the Node, its general use, and improvements.