PDA

View Full Version : WTD: White speakers like Neat Iota, Dynaudio emit etc

sanchezxxx
10-05-2020, 20:08
Hey all,

Looking for some family friendly undercover hifi speakers of anyone has anything they are looking to sell.

Was thinking Neat Iota or Dynaudio emir. The shinier their better - please don’t judge. Sadly my Tannoy R3 in rosewood have to go :)

Also on the lookout for a new DAC / preamp with Bluetooth / DSD. Got to condense all the boxes...

Open Door
10-05-2020, 22:25
Not gloss but avail in white.
I bought a pair a few weeks ago and am astounded! No crossover - just one small full range driver.
The silver drivers and grey surround vinyl wrap look ace in the white box.

For the money at this clearance price, worth it all day long.

https://www.kjfaudio.com/product/tozzi-one/

Roy S
10-05-2020, 23:07
Q Acoustics make gloss white speakers. I have a pair of Concept 20s in a second system & have been very pleased with them. They can be had for around £200.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q-Acoustics-Concept-20-Bookshelf-Speakers-in-Gloss-White/184239264551?hash=item2ae5841327:g:w7MAAOSw4oJeiHZ m

Pigmy Pony
11-05-2020, 06:01
I really like those Tozzi 1s, they look the business, but have to admit the Concept 20s are probably more wife-friendly and are highly-rated. They also have models above and below, depending on your budget

sanchezxxx
11-05-2020, 09:22
If I was still in my box swapping days I’d 100% try those Tozzi’s out. Look super interesting, always liked the old Lowthers but those days have past.

I’ve always viewed the QAudio’s as too good to be true. A friend got the cheapest ones and was singing praises for a year before I got a chance to listen. In comparison to my B&W 601 and Tannoy R3’s I found them a bit lifeless / fake and wasn’t impressed. I put them in the qed silver anniversary box of universally praised budget product that is terrible in real world. The concept 20 does look nice though with much better construction that I’m sure will help. Will wait and see what pops up and may give them a go.

Open to anything else that looks good with gloss edges / no laminate that will peel even if not white.

One day I will build a shed and go for function over looks :)

walpurgis
11-05-2020, 09:48
The Usher S520 are available in white, sensibly priced and beautifully finished. Nicely compact and very decent sounding too. They do get offered here occasionally in the Private Exhibitions section.

https://i.imgur.com/fFEY4Tt.png

Yes, they come with grilles. :)

hifilover
11-05-2020, 11:29
If I was still in my box swapping days I’d 100% try those Tozzi’s out. Look super interesting, always liked the old Lowthers but those days have past.

I’ve always viewed the QAudio’s as too good to be true. A friend got the cheapest ones and was singing praises for a year before I got a chance to listen. In comparison to my B&W 601 and Tannoy R3’s I found them a bit lifeless / fake and wasn’t impressed. I put them in the qed silver anniversary box of universally praised budget product that is terrible in real world. The concept 20 does look nice though with much better construction that I’m sure will help. Will wait and see what pops up and may give them a go.

Open to anything else that looks good with gloss edges / no laminate that will peel even if not white.

One day I will build a shed and go for function over looks :)

Some white Neat Iota's on the Bay currently if you haven't seen them already :)

And in total agreement with you re Q Acoustic speakers; they seem to be well loved, but I've found them all to be lacking (well, ones I've owned/listened to - 2020is, 2030is, Concept 20s, 3050is etc); they sound well; but with 'bits' missing. Listen to the similar priced Dali, KEF, B&W, Fyne Audio, Monitor Audio speakers and you can soon hear what the Qs are missing. But, that's to my ears etc

sanchezxxx
11-05-2020, 16:12
@walpurgis

The Usher S520 look awesome.

Anyone have a pair they are looking to sell?

hifilover
11-05-2020, 17:58
Hey all,

Looking for some family friendly undercover hifi speakers of anyone has anything they are looking to sell.

Was thinking Neat Iota or Dynaudio emir. The shinier their better - please don’t judge. Sadly my Tannoy R3 in rosewood have to go :)

Also on the lookout for a new DAC / preamp with Bluetooth / DSD. Got to condense all the boxes...

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/neat-petite-sx-satin-white.240303/

Roy S
11-05-2020, 22:58
https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?69091-FS-Q-Acoustics-Concept-20s-in-gloss-white

Bamby
12-05-2020, 13:03
Hi sanchez,
I have some (quite rare) Monitor Audio Silver RX1 very GLOSS white ~ really shiny and vgc!
Good reviews. Advertised on Hifi For Sale.
Very civilised sound and well made.
Please PM me if you want and l can send you the pics.
Good luck, Paul

hifilover
12-05-2020, 14:55
Hi sanchez,
I have some (quite rare) Monitor Audio Silver RX1 very GLOSS white ~ really shiny and vgc!
Good reviews. Advertised on Hifi For Sale.
Very civilised sound and well made.
Please PM me if you want and l can send you the pics.
Good luck, Paul

These are superb speakers; GLWTS (wish I had room for them)!

sanchezxxx
12-05-2020, 17:59
Cheers all for offers.

Got a pair of Iota's. Lets see how they go, may end up box swapping if I don't get on but am confident they will do the job of fun good looking speaker that doesn't dominate the room.

Not a fan of Monitor Audio - Tried Radius and Gold in the past and just not my thing.
Those Neat Petite looked awesome but out of my budget.

Very keen to hear the Usher Audios. Can't wait for lockdown / trouble in the world to end so I can get to a show and have a listen.