PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Deep South

Mothman
02-07-2010, 21:21
Well Berkshire actualy, it's South'ish

Been away from the Hifi buying scene for many a long year but would like to add some gear to a small spare room so thought I better do some research first and so here I am.

Most of my gear, would I guess by modern standards be considered fairly low rent, but some of the peices I have I realy like and would hate to part with. Unfortuntely I don't have the funds to play at the high end of the spectrum, but I am quite happy trying to get the best possible sound I can from what I can afford, usualy second hand/vintage gear. Below are details of the two systems I currently have set up.

Lounge:
Pioneer PD4100 CD
Sansui AU-G30X Amp
Sansui TU-D33X Tuner
Audiomaster MLS4 Speakers

Garage
Sony PS1 as CD
Marantz 2015 receiver
Portable DAB Radio
Mission 70Mk2 Speakers

Spare Room
Components being sourced, currently on the look out for an A&R A60 amp.

My taste in music is mainly blues based rock, some electronic, a little folk and just a smidge of classical

Cheers

Techno Commander
02-07-2010, 21:29
Hello from even further south. :)

Jonboy
02-07-2010, 21:29
Hello Rich and welcome from another southerner, nothing wrong with getting the most from what you've got, theres no point going high end, a lot of us have vintage systems around here

Spectral Morn
02-07-2010, 21:32
Welcome to the forum Rich.

I hope no bridges collapse now you have joined us.

Regards D S D L

retro
02-07-2010, 21:39
Hello Rich and welcome to AOS.

Nice Sansui :)

Regards,

Alex_UK
02-07-2010, 22:19
Hi Rich, and welcome to AoS. The A&R A60 is definitely deemed a "goody" round these parts, so have a Search and I am sure you will see some discussion on them, and possible alternatives.

Have fun!

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2010, 01:16
Hi & welcome to the Art of Sound.
Yeah, you're from the Deep South just like Alex in Suffolk is from the Far East! We seem to be becoming a bit of a haven for Sansui folks of late. No bad thing, says I.

Have fun
Cheers