PDA

View Full Version : Harman Kardon PM665 any good

darkstar078
30-06-2010, 12:49
Is this Harman Kardon PM665 I found a good integrated amplifier or is my brain playing tricks with me?
With Klipsch RF10 loudspeakers - temporary replacing my JM Labs Profil 66 - it blew my socks off.
What happened ?? Is this 1985 Harman Kardon that good ??

retro
30-06-2010, 13:36
"...The PM655/PM665 may have been the best sounding solid-state integrated amps HK ever made..."
This is copy/paste from another forum.Look under the hood.Has good qualities to be good one :)

Marco
30-06-2010, 16:01
Hi 'darkstar',

Is this Harman Kardon PM665 I found a good integrated amplifier or is my brain playing tricks with me?
With Klipsch RF10 loudspeakers - temporary replacing my JM Labs Profil 66 - it blew my socks off.
What happened ?? Is this 1985 Harman Kardon that good ??

Could you please add your basic location details to your profile (I believe you are from the Netherlands) and your first name to your signature? This is required of all new members joining our community - thank you! :)

Marco.

darkstar078
01-07-2010, 12:54
"...The PM655/PM665 may have been the best sounding solid-state integrated amps HK ever made..."
This is copy/paste from another forum.Look under the hood.Has good qualities to be good one

I agree Ron, listening to the Harman, the PM665 is indeed very solid sounding and is solid in kilos too, thankfully with good quality parts. :)
Luckily I was smart enough to snatch it up.
I see you have vintage equipment yourself, especially Sansui TU919 and TU9900 make me drool.
How is the Almarro A318B ??

Could you please add your basic location details to your profile (I believe you are from the Netherlands) and your first name to your signature? This is required of all new members joining our community - thank you!

Done, Marco. I still have some trouble with the computer. Very stressing. Hopefully all is good now :steam:

Marco
01-07-2010, 14:02
Hi Sacha,

Thanks for that :)

Marco.

retro
02-07-2010, 17:27
I agree Ron, listening to the Harman, the PM665 is indeed very solid sounding and is solid in kilos too, thankfully with good quality parts. :)
Luckily I was smart enough to snatch it up.
I see you have vintage equipment yourself, especially Sansui TU919 and TU9900 make me drool.
How is the Almarro A318B ??

Yes, you were lucky,and smart too :)
It is very rare and good-sounding amplifier.If it is in good cosmetic condition find a service manual,change capacitors for begining and enjoy.

Almarro is one beautifully, handmade for winter amp :lolsign: The only negativity is heat.Lot's of heat.I guess, about 300 Watts dissipates into space.Like SS "A"class.Photos will be coming soon.

Regards,