PDA

View Full Version : ATC 100 crossover

Nordlys
25-03-2020, 19:16
Hi fellow Sound lovers

I’m in the process of upgrading a set of ATC SCM 100 clones Bass & midrange are ATC, with a RSS HEIL amt-1 tweeter

My dilemma is that the old crossover is some guys mix of ok to low quality parts, an not modeled after an original ATC 100 crossover

I’m hopping that someone has the schematic for the ATC 100 crossover

The one I can find online, is the Wilsom audio version
From the pics of my ATC SCM 100 crossovers I can see that they don’t match 100%
There is a 33 Ohm resistor in my original crossover, that’s not on the wilsom filter + I don’t trust the Wilsom filters values on the coils....

I’m really hoping that there is a kind soul in here with the real values
As I’d like not to have to disassemble my ATC’s

Nordlys
25-03-2020, 19:18
And if there is anyone whom has some tips/tricks etc to a good crossover for the RSS HEIL 3.9 Ohm tweeter
I’d love some help there to ��

Jazid
25-03-2020, 21:33
Why are you using an AMT and expecting the original ATC crossover to work? It won't. Good luck with your project anyway, you'll get more help on DIYAudio, and tougher questions...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Made in 1968
25-03-2020, 21:42
Seen a picture of one of those ATC 100 crossovers, Talk about massive.

Pharos
25-03-2020, 22:56
Hi fellow Sound lovers

I’m in the process of upgrading a set of ATC SCM 100 clones Bass & midrange are ATC, with a RSS HEIL amt-1 tweeter

My dilemma is that the old crossover is some guys mix of ok to low quality parts, an not modeled after an original ATC 100 crossover

I’m hopping that someone has the schematic for the ATC 100 crossover

The one I can find online, is the Wilsom audio version
From the pics of my ATC SCM 100 crossovers I can see that they don’t match 100%
There is a 33 Ohm resistor in my original crossover, that’s not on the wilsom filter + I don’t trust the Wilsom filters values on the coils....

I’m really hoping that there is a kind soul in here with the real values
As I’d like not to have to disassemble my ATC’s

I presume that you mean Wilmslow when you say Wilsom.

They sold ATC kits but only with the lower spec mid, less sensitive and smaller magnet.
I doubt that ATC would provide the circuit.

Did you mean ESS when you wrote RSS? ie the 'Great Heil'?

My reason for getting rid of my 100SLs was that they lacked the air of the ESS Heil, and they were my 4th pair of ATCs.

Nordlys
26-03-2020, 04:04
Hi guys

My interest in the ATC crossover is only the bass and mids! As I LOVE the ATC bass and mids

The combination of ess heil and ATC is not my creation, I simply brought them as I’m A= a big kid & B= love to play with this tweeter & finally C= it was cheap enough to make sense

I’ll have to brew a filter for the ess Heil tweeter to incorporate it to the ATC’s - in its current state, it only has a variable resister

And yes I meant Wilmslow, sorry - and I too don’t think ATC will help me out with there crossover spec’s, my main reason for this post....

Nordlys
26-03-2020, 04:30
I’d love to post pictures

But I have no desire to upload pictures of my gear to some service, “photo pocket” ore what ever
All other forums, eBay etc I can simply drag and drop pictures from, say my iPad without having to save the images online
Any way to post directly from ones devices?

Bare with me one this one, it’s only the 2 time I need to post pictures & the first time was a while ago

Firebottle
26-03-2020, 07:30
This any good:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/d4-H8-xlaawKeQqryS9sB7OLb_bOhBo60hAIWoSU75GvrOr1G-41eYALEb_YJnsnCqzIAT_of-9jZ8D_s1lM6C-Mjtx2uSbaVQqTOB-6NoKdJUeZGE6N1K1_Q3Y

walpurgis
26-03-2020, 08:02
The treble filter shown is relatively simple and offers 12 db/oct roll-in. I believe the Heil tweeter is normally used with an 18 db/oct fiter, although you are bringing it into play at higher frequencies, so could get away with it as long as huge amounts of power are not used. You can play with the resistor values to adjust output.

Pharos
26-03-2020, 09:24
In my use of the heil it has an LR4 Xover at 1800 Hz, but it is used by ESS down to 800 in some models.

It is quoted as 96dB sensitivity, but I have also been told 98dB.

Jazid
26-03-2020, 09:31
Hi guys

My interest in the ATC crossover is only the bass and mids! As I LOVE the ATC bass and mids

The combination of ess heil and ATC is not my creation, I simply brought them as I’m A= a big kid & B= love to play with this tweeter & finally C= it was cheap enough to make sense

I’ll have to brew a filter for the ess Heil tweeter to incorporate it to the ATC’s - in its current state, it only has a variable resister

And yes I meant Wilmslow, sorry - and I too don’t think ATC will help me out with there crossover spec’s, my main reason for this post....Fair enough [emoji4]
Please excuse the slightly tetchy tone in my earlier response, it seemed a bizarre thing on the face of it, but that was down to my ignorance of the fan base it clearly already has.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nordlys
26-03-2020, 22:08
Hi firebottle

Your picture isn’t shown in my tread!?

Firebottle
27-03-2020, 07:22
Not showing here now.

Sh@t, looks like it's been blocked.

Wakefield Turntables
27-03-2020, 14:22
If your really stuck talk to Paul at Reference Fidelity Components.

Nordlys
27-03-2020, 21:44
Thanks Reston
I’ll contact him right away

Nordlys
16-04-2020, 17:38
I’m still stuck
So I’ll have to take my ATC SCM100 apart, so that I can measure the coils etc
Had high hops that some kind soul in here, had the specs & was willing to share them...oh well
Thanks for your responses
I have already brought all the other components, and have already spent approximately 600£, following a local speaker gurus advice