PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good digital coax interconnect

farflungstar
23-02-2020, 08:36
As per title I'm looking for a great quality interconnect for between CD (RCA) and DAC (BNC). Ideally 1/1.5m.

Anyone got owt interesting in their drawers....

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris X Pro using Tapatalk

Stryder5
23-02-2020, 08:48
Not for sale unfortunately but a recommendation:-

Black Cat Silverstar 75.

I have one and it’s the best I have heard.

Gary

farflungstar
23-02-2020, 13:53
Not for sale unfortunately but a recommendation:-

Black Cat Silverstar 75.

I have one and it’s the best I have heard.

GaryIve actually bought one, after considerable research yesterday, but thereby hangs a tale and not sure I'll get it.

CageyH
23-02-2020, 14:41
You may find a bog standard Belden 1694a with Canare plugs will be hard to beat.

Stryder5
23-02-2020, 15:11
Hope your successful!

Gary

Ive actually bought one, after considerable research yesterday, but thereby hangs a tale and not sure I'll get it.

vinylsnail
24-02-2020, 16:04
I found Mark Grant digital cable (HDX1? Something like that) to be pretty decent. Only about £30 with any termination you choose.

Made in 1968
24-02-2020, 16:37
I use Chord 'C-Digital' Coax cable

farflungstar
24-02-2020, 16:46
Update.. Black Cat bought and paid for... Let's see if it arrives...

I may still be in the market..

Vince
24-02-2020, 21:26
I've had a load of digital interconnects over the years and the best I've found are Kimber D60. Ultra pure silver conductors, it improves anything you want to connect. Good luck with search

Made in 1968
24-02-2020, 23:26
I used to have everything wire wise Kimber even internal Speaker wire & internal Amp wire. But that was well before any digital cables or Silver Interconnects.

At the time there were two Interconnects the 'PSB' [Un Sheilded] & 'KC1' [Sheilded]
Speaker cables were: The Teflon '4TC'/'8TC', The Poly '4PR'/'8PR'/'4VS'/'8VS'

I think you can still buy all these now..

Stryder5
25-02-2020, 07:37
Why are you unsure?

Gary

Update.. Black Cat bought and paid for... Let's see if it arrives...

I may still be in the market..

farflungstar
25-02-2020, 07:54
Why are you unsure?

GaryThe guy was incredibly arrogant Friday when I asked to pay Monday having just pulled the trigger on a mhdt dac. Along the lines of not his problem and I had a nerve asking for such a thing. He suggested I would have a long wait unless he got the cash at the weekend. I paid Monday. So we shall see when it arrives.

Stryder5
25-02-2020, 08:07
Unbelievable, please let me know if this doesn’t show I may know of another source.

Gary

The guy was incredibly arrogant Friday when I asked to pay Monday having just pulled the trigger on a mhdt dac. Along the lines of not his problem and I had a nerve asking for such a thing. He suggested I would have a long wait unless he got the cash at the weekend. I paid Monday. So we shall see when it arrives.

farflungstar
25-02-2020, 12:03
Unbelievable, please let me know if this doesn’t show I may know of another source.

GaryScammer! Paid by PayPal. Today I messaged him as he cancelled the order. Said I was a scammer and hadn't paid. Sent him screenshots of PayPal transaction. Declared them fake. I asked PayPal to cancel transaction and have blocked PayPal from taking money from the bank which causes me problems as they will need to take money for DAC.. Fucking nightmare. Do. Not buy from seller thebeesfan

Lawrence001
25-02-2020, 13:15
You should be fine as long as it was goods and services not friends and family.