PDA

View Full Version : Sonos Play 5, First Gen

Shudsonuk
25-01-2020, 08:05
Sonos play 5, black, first generation, in excellent condition and perfect working order, boxed with power lead and booklet.
£165

https://img.techpowerup.org/200125/20200125-086.jpg

glennc
25-01-2020, 19:48
Is this one of the models that Sonos will no longer release new uosates for after may?

Shudsonuk
26-01-2020, 12:13
Is this one of the models that Sonos will no longer release new uosates for after may?

Now I wonder why you think you need to comment other than to knacker my fs post! Prat..
No updates after may apparently, the speaker will work as it should

glennc
26-01-2020, 16:11
I asked the question as i was interested in buying the speaker, I was aware of some of the sonos stuff not being supported but did not know if this was one of them.

Thanks for answering my query

struth
26-01-2020, 16:17
Now I wonder why you think you need to comment other than to knacker my fs post! Prat..

dont call members a prat.. thats not on... it was a question, not anything else that i know of

Pieoftheday
26-01-2020, 16:49

Pratt's a bit much, surely a valid question if it might not work as it should in a few months?

Brigadoon
29-01-2020, 09:23

On all levels, not the AoS way mate.:nono:

killie99
29-01-2020, 09:45
Since the OP hasn't fully answered whether it'll work or not:

It will continue to work after May but there will be no new updates. If you plan to use this with newer Sonos products then you will not be able to update the newer products either.
Alternatively, you can isolate the older, affected devices and run them separate to your newer speakers - ie. run two independently connected zones in your home rather than one. The older devices connected to each other in one, the unaffected devices as another. That way, your newer devices will get the latest updates.