PDA

View Full Version : RIP one of the biggest legends in Rock - Neil Peart

mikeyb
10-01-2020, 21:17
RIP Neil Peart passed away on the 7th from brain cancer, one of my favourite bands and certainly one of the most revered drummers ever [emoji3525]

smangus
10-01-2020, 23:35
Loved Rush , RIP dude.

Frazeur1
11-01-2020, 01:29
Wow, RIP Neil!

VanDerGraaf
11-01-2020, 02:29
I was at a rehearsal tonight. I was standing programming my synth and I heard my good friend and band drummer say "Neil's dead".

I knew he was a huge Rush fan and immediately replied, "What did you say?". I couldn't believe it. It's a big loss to rock music, undoubtedly.

Sad to think that he had so few years. A man of moderation and healthy activity deserved many more years than this.

I just got home from the session.
I feel somehow that this isn't going to sink in until tomorrow.

Farewell to a King....thank you Neil for all that you gave to all of us who enjoyed your music and lyrics. You'll never be forgotten

anthonyTD
11-01-2020, 10:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU
Another great musician gone!
RIP indeed.

Made in 1968
12-01-2020, 14:45
Never like that band. However it is very sad when someone dies, especially that way.. However im having trouble getting my head around why someone should physically cry over it. I mean im a massive ELP fan but i never got upset when Emerson & Lake passed away! But im one of those that read books about musicians but always skip the section of the book where they go on about thier private lives & where they were brought up etc. This is because i just dont see the interest the actual person outside the music & history of a artist..