PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Yorkshire

Made in 1968
02-01-2020, 16:06
Hello all

Andr'e from Yorkshire. Ex Hi-Fi enthusiast/Prog Rock nut case. All that stuff is now behind the door where being outspoken about such subjects are concerned :doh:

For Vinyl & Cassette playback i use a modest early 70s Hi-fi system in the living room & a CD player with Headphone unit + headphones in the spare room.. All of which ill put some pickkies up at a later date..

Music tastes these days: For people who have known me for years will not know ive been a Depeche Mode fan since they very first single came out, something i have not really told anyone. lol.. But main listening is generally chilling out with 70's Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze..

Marco
02-01-2020, 17:14
Hi Andre,

Welcome back! Looking forward to your contributions on the subjects you're passionate about. Enjoy!:cool:

Marco.

Alex_UK
02-01-2020, 20:33
Nice to “see” you Andr’e, it’s been a while. :) I always think of you every time I see my RAMs... :) and I do recall you telling me once about your “guilty pleasure” music tastes! :lol:

Look forward to seeing some piccies of your current systems. Most of my stuff is in storage at present as we moved a few weeks ago and waiting to get the flooring sorted before I stick some hi-fi in every available space. :D See you around buddy.

Made in 1968
02-01-2020, 21:02
Hi Alex

Is that the famous Cheap as Chip system with the RAM's? :eyebrows: I bet that made a lot sit back & think, i know cos the same thing happened to me years ago when i accidently put some stuff together id not heard before & basically was the deciding point for me switching to Vintage gear. especially the stuff that was & still is under the radar..

southall-1998_mk2
02-01-2020, 21:16
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

Alex_UK
02-01-2020, 21:22
Hi Alex

Is that the famous Cheap as Chip system with the RAM's? :eyebrows: I bet that made a lot sit back & think, i know cos the same thing happened to me years ago when i accidently put some stuff together id not heard before & basically was the deciding point for me switching to Vintage gear. especially the stuff that was & still is under the radar..

The very same, RAM 150s. :) Couldn't part with them, though I think Audio Al is the RAM aficionado now - he might have a full set! :eek: The CAC systems did make a few people think. I remember one guy almost crying as he'd spent £50k on his system and he thought ours sounded better! :lol:

I still love music, but faffing around with hi-fi not so much, well, not the expensive kind at least! Still have far too much kit, though... :)

walpurgis
03-01-2020, 09:02
Hi Andre. Good to see you :).

I see you've already joined in the chat.

I don't mind Depeche Mode, but always used to say that their music sounded like somebody was kicking a metal dustbin around in the background :D.

Geoff.

Lawrence001
03-01-2020, 09:08
I like Depeche Mode, Speak and Spell has always been my favourite album though [emoji16]

Made in 1968
03-01-2020, 14:15
Hi Andre. Good to see you :).

I see you've already joined in the chat.

I don't mind Depeche Mode, but always used to say that their music sounded like somebody was kicking a metal dustbin around in the background :D.

Geoff.

Regarding the 'Construction Time Again' LP you are not far off Bashing pipes on handrails etc was exactly what it was, The use of the EMU Emulator sampling keyboard what they tool of choice back then..All those sounds sampled via the keyboard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyCcbmK8Vk