PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Asia

tungh
24-12-2019, 07:53
Dear guys,

My name is Hoang Tung (tungh), I am from Vietnam, I started to listen to music in 1996 with my DIY's loudspeakers. It was so amazing for me, because at that time, I was a student, I had to save the money for a long time... So, when the speakers started the first noise, I was very happy ;)

Now, after so many changing and wasted much money, I am using a small system:

- Speaker: Marten Design Miles 5 (upgraded from Marten Duke 1)
- Amp: Gryphon Callisto 2100 (will be upgraded in near future)
- CDP: Vitus SCD-010 mk 1 (upgraded from BOW Technologies ZZ8 ver 9)
- Turntable: Technics SL-1200 Mk3D original with Ortofon MC30* cartridge, Ear 834P Deluxe phono stage and Hashimoto HM-7 SUT
- Cables: Kubala Fascination speakers, Bertram Proxima II XLR interconnect for CDP, Nordost Blueheaven RCA for turntable, Shunyanta Analog and Soulution HMS for AC power.
- Filter: Shunyanta Hydra 8 mk1

I love to listen to Jazz-Pop, Classics and Vietnames folk songs, slow instrument sometimes.

Nice to be there, hope you have a lot of time with your charm systems.

Thanks so much!

tungh

Puffin
24-12-2019, 18:53
Hi Tung, looks like you have got yourself a nice system, although some of the parts are new names to me. Any plans to upgrade?

zygote23
24-12-2019, 20:57
Looks like a cool setup....
Vietnam....beautiful part of the world

southall-1998_mk2
24-12-2019, 21:03
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

walpurgis
25-12-2019, 08:56
Hello Tungh. Welcome to AOS.

You have a nice system, tell us what future plans if any you may have for it.

Join in the chat, it's a friendly place and there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

tungh
25-12-2019, 13:53
Dear guys,

I plan to upgrade the amp first, I love Gryphon so the Diablo 250 may be my new amp in the future.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks and best regards,

tungh

tungh
30-12-2019, 16:51
Dear all,

My Gryphon amplifier has some noises when I turn volume up or down, the noises are in the left chanel. I guest may be one or some capacitors have problem. Do you have experiences with this case? Give me some advices, please!

Thanks