PDA

View Full Version : For bi amping - Pair of Marantz PM44se, pair of Nad 3020 ....cheep!

ff1d1l
17-06-2010, 09:00
Been using these with an active crossover with Tannoys and Decca ribbons...but the crossover has died and so has my will to live re getting it repaired. :(

Two Marantz PM44se integrated amps...50w into 8ohms and 70 into 4...these are the "breathed upon by Ken Ishiwata" special edition with copper chassis, better caps etc - I quote

"The Integrated Amplifier of a special edition series.

The mono-block configuration which became independent symmetrically is adopted as a power amplifier part.

The chassis was formed into the copper plating and the RF noise is cut.

The noise killer which intercepts a rectification noise is carried in the power circuit.

The Source-Direct switchpoint is carried.

The speaker termination corresponding to a banana plug in which a bi-wiring interconnection is possible is carried. "

So now you know!:eyebrows: Has source direct too. Looking for £120 for the pair...condition is good used but not abused but not pant creamingly mint.

Also, similarly, pair of NAD 3020 integrated amps 20 watts ish (sounds louder) and pre power splitable - I'm sure this classic amp needs no further introduction! Similar condition to the Marantzes, think the linking bars between pre and power may be missing on one amp, but in any case you'd want to make up some short phono to phono leads as these sound MUCH better than the supplied links. Looking for a straight £100 for the pair...should there be no interest re buying pairs to bi amp will consider selling seperately.