PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Speaker maker and vintage hi-fi dealer

AJSki2fly
17-12-2019, 15:40
Today I went to Bridport to visit my local vinyl shop and for a change of scene, when I got there the record shop was not yet open so I wandered about and came across this chap about 40m from the record shop. https://www.facebook.com/pg/craftycobridport/posts/

I spent quite a bit of time chatting with the owner Aaron Leedham, who is building and designing some very interesting horn loaded speakers. I listened to the ones shown on Crafty and Co's Facebook page and they sound extremely good, very good imaging, excellent mid and top end, and for a small box the bass is not at all that bad. He has spent 2 years developing them. An 80's Sansui integrated amp and an iPod was all that was driving them. Aaron has some better drivers on the way to try out in them in the near future. Well worth a listen IMO if you are in the market for something like this.

Spec is:
Dimensions W 198mm x D 222mm x H 350mm
Power handling (continuous/programme) 15/30 W
Frequency range 75-20000 Hz
Impedance R 8 Ohm
Sensitivity 87 dB (2,83V; 1m)

Aaron also had at least 10 pairs of vintage speakers in stock of various makes, and a variety of amplifiers, turntables, tuners and some cassette and reel to reel tape recorders. He also has CNC machining facilities and makes plinths for a variety of TT's Lenco, Garrard etc, the two I saw were of very high quality, he will make bespoke.

Well worth a visit and chat if you are in the area, and combine with a visit to Clock Towers Records.