PDA

View Full Version : Denon DP-80 Plinth Cut Out Template Required

JohnG
11-12-2019, 19:47
I'm hoping somebody can offer to me a Plinth Cut Out Template for the Denon DP-80.
It would be good to have for the Holidays, to get creative, if time allows.

Boyse6748
11-12-2019, 19:50
I'm hoping somebody can offer to me a Plinth Cut Out Template for the Denon DP-80.
It would be good to have for the Holidays, to get creative, if time allows.

Yes, I have a scale cutout template for the DP80 drop me a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyse6748
11-12-2019, 21:00
John,

Your inbox is full... And cannot send you a messege.

Please clear your inbox

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnG
11-12-2019, 22:07
I've Deleted a few older messages.
The inbox should be able to receive messages now.

bidule
17-02-2021, 10:41
Hello,

I'm resurecting this threat as I'm also looking for a Plinth Cut Out Template for the Denon DP-80.

Thank you for helping,
Jean

Killie65
17-02-2021, 16:28
Here's a link from vinylengine with the template.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/denon/dp-80.shtml

I have mine in a dk100 plinth which I gave a bit of tlc to and painted a nice matt grey. Couple of things i found to my ears in doing so to share with you ; the tt likes heavy plinths and it's own feet after trying some fancy ones. I found everything about the sound to be more lively with the screws between motor drive and plinth not in place and with the drive just sitting in its cut out. The stock mat provides fluffy definition but a Blue Horizon mat with just the lower level below the stock mat tightens definition and increases speed - i prefer rock music with the horizon and jazz with the stock mat only.

I have my eye on a block of granite now, £280 and a bit of straight forward cutting for drive and tonearm wouldbe reasonably straight forward but it would weigh 60kg for the size needed but could add a second arm too.

Good luck with your project.